Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Battleground - Guild Battle targetting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground - Guild Battle targetting

Imho, the targeting of players in both bg as gb is much to wide. You can't accurately target one person half the time, cause there's other people running fairly close next to them. Either R2 assumes we're all unable to aim properly or it's that wide for some other reason. If there's no good reason for this to be set this wide, then why is it set that wide?

Also for Battlegrounds, how about introducing a setting so that you can choose between players or crystals as primary target. Now I see a lot of people waiting to click on a crystal field when people from the enemy team are standing on it, in fear of accidentally attacking them instead of harvesting. If they could set the crystals as primary targets instead of players, they could carefree click on the crystal area and start harvesting. Some people prefer to cart, why not provide them with a better environment to do so, without meddling with the people that aren't interested in carting at all. For the honor mongers among us, nothing would change as the now unchangeable players first "setting" would still be available to them and could even be the standard setting, which carters would have to change to crystals first.
    Last edited by Atomslaya; 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM.

But the thing is that it's Battleground and Farming for crystals isn't really apart of the whole idea of battlegrounds. That's why it gives little rewards.
    There is something close to what you're saying with the battleground and getting crystals only but that's far off >.>
    If you love a flower, don't pick it up.
    Because if you puck it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
    So if you love a flower, let it be.
    Love it not about possession.
    Love is about appreciation.

Comment

If carting wasn't meant to be done in BG, then why are the crystals there to be harvested?

So yes, this is a relevant suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomslaya View Post
        If carting wasn't meant to be done in BG, then why are the crystals there to be harvested?

So yes, this is a relevant suggestion.
        It's there for people starting in there early 30's before 35 so they have a chance at getting some honor because now people are stopping at certain levels to farm on people and when people are good on the bg and want to just get crystals for boxes. But to make a battleground only for getting crystals defeats the purpose of it being called Battleground. Ultimately it all depends on what 7road wants to do anyway. R2 can look at this and like it and give the information to 7road to see if they like and then implement it somehow. So I'm not against it, its just I'm stating the opposite side of the situation.
        Last edited by XiaSeoung; 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I can be a defender in gb an see someone coming to me from long way away click them and never get into battle with them its **

Comment

Carting in BG actually earns your team more points than killing everyone...

Be a team player & cart.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I cart cause I need the Chest.

Hmm, anyone know what's the points obtained from killing another player?

Carting is 10~30 each. What's points for each player?

As for targeting in BG, I usually just aim for the Shard Field that doesn't have any opposing player on it.

Comment

Originally posted by XiaSeoung View Post
                ... But to make a battleground only for getting crystals defeats the purpose of it being called Battleground. ...
                Where do you see me ask for a seperate BG???
                All I asked was to have an option to set target priority to crystals instead of players. Please THOROUGHLY read what others say before commenting, cause yours are beside the point at hand now.

Comment

I would agree and see this also stretched to tanks. Like a "tab" option to switch between targets. I hate trying to target the almost dead tank sitting under a full one Yeah the targeting needs improved big time.
                  My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

Comment

Also for Battlegrounds, how about introducing a setting so that you can choose between players or crystals as primary target. Now I see a lot of people waiting to click on a crystal field when people from the enemy team are standing on it, in fear of accidentally attacking them instead of harvesting.
                    What I love about this is that when you accidentally clicked on a player and attacked them because they are standing on your shard area they will get angry, saying you are bullying them.
                    Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post

Be a team player & cart.
                      lol Ginger, what if we do not have any more bg attempts? Would we still cart??? hehe

Anyways, just as what r2 has done to the Main Tower of the guild battle (where you have a big attack button in the middle of the tower), we just click it, and avoid clicking those players around the main tower.... r2 should also do this to the bg, so that those who want to cart will have an easier time getting and avoiding battles... Not all people have good internet connection, mind you...
                      If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                      -quoted from R.K.

Comment

There is a way to collect crystals even though lot players are fullly covering it. Click on trees near to crystals and ur toon will move closest to crystals. After toon stops, most of times it will automatically start collecting crystals (even though you didn't see hand cursor)

Same technique can be used to avoid clicking on players while moving in GB. Click on trees and you will move to nearest point and possibly closest to ward tower. I find this very helpful to avoid people defending at corners in front of ward tower. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post

Be a team player & cart.
                          Fully depends on player BR
                          I can kill faster than I cart as lvl 52 with 42k BR
                          + cart = 10-20-30, kill is usually a steady 20-25 range

Comment

Diamontsare4ever, you are correct, but that only goes for either heavy cashers or people that deliberately don't level or level really slow.
                            Most people don't kill someone in under 30s, the time you need to get and return with a cart. Especially since "normal" people wont always win, so those loses don't get you points and have to be taken into account.

So in general, for points it's better to cart than to go out killing people.

Comment

Where do you see me ask for a seperate BG???
                              All I asked was to have an option to set target priority to crystals instead of players. Please THOROUGHLY read what others say before commenting, cause yours are beside the point at hand now.
                              Ah, I see now your edited your post and I was going to show you what you said but changed it. Nice job
                              Next time I'll make sure to "Reply with Quote" with your posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X