No announcement yet.

astro limit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the multiple lighting method, don't even have to spend more than 500k a day & I get multiples of purple & higher regularly!

Comment

I just received another red from the free click today since it already was at the 5th planet . The planets 4 and 5 obviously has higher chances to give you better astrals and you definitely reach far more often to those planets with that system. But your choice if you think that spending 3 millions should had already brought you a red. Many people from here seems to believe that astrals are just that cheap. Well let me tell you that astrals are the biggest hole of gold and there is no coincidence that the top players of any servers invested far more gold than you in those. I met quite a few people with the delusion that astrals suck because they couldn't get anything good with 2-3 kk gold that stopped investing gold in it. If you wish to ignore the logic and the facts then so be it, believe what you wish and blame it all on luck.

Comment

ofc higher planets have better chances but there is no freaking system to get there. Damn what you guys have to know is that there is no secret method of getting astrals. They won't be pointing easter eggs that huge in the game. It's all pure luck and it's your mind playing tricks on you. There is no freaking system to get better astral chances.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
          ofc higher planets have better chances but there is no freaking system to get there. Damn what you guys have to know is that there is no secret method of getting astrals. They won't be pointing easter eggs that huge in the game. It's all pure luck and it's your mind playing tricks on you. There is no freaking system to get better astral chances.
          if you have all 4 arrows before you click the 5th planet (like I did) you will be sent back to planet 4, where in 33%-50% of the times it brings me back to planet 5 with one click while you will have to start over from planet 1 because you didn;t had the arrows. Conclusion: I will click the 4th and 5th planets far more often with this sytem than you without it. I hope you shall understand that

Comment

Maybe it does. I think it probably doesn't, but I use it anyway.
            Mage
            L80 DSW
            IMDE

Comment

To the OP:

Are you sure that's 18.2M and not 1.82M? Because even for the latter you should get about 10-15 purples. For the first value (18.2M) I'd say 5 yellows on average, 150 purples. That much gold is doable with about 1300 vip tokens. You sure you had that much?

Concerning red astrals and a general astral nerf:

I don't think they've been nerfed at any point in time. Since the red astral patch I increased my astral score by nearly 40k (that's 400k astral XP) and I got 1 Holy Sniper's Edge and 1 Energine. Before the patch I got 2 Energines total. So the difference isn't that great. In the past 2 days I spent about 8M on astrals and got 6-7 yellows.

Concerning the "magical ways of catching astrals":

It's all in the mind. I spent 300k without getting a single blue and then got 3 yellows in a row. Happens. Not because I followed a procedure prescribed by a religious order of astral zealots, but because it's random. If it makes you feel better, use any method you like. But there isn't a method that will give you a significantly better percentage of rare astrals (okay, if you just click on the first planet, don't complain that you're not getting as many as others are).

Good luck!

Comment

are you suggesting that you don't reach more often to the better planets with this procedure? because as you know planets 4 and 5 have better chances of good astrals, reaching them more often means better astrals. So bringing you back 1 planet (from 5 to 4) is better than to bring you back to the 1st planet. Is that my imagination ?

Comment

Originally posted by R218901250 View Post
                  if you have all 4 arrows before you click the 5th planet (like I did) you will be sent back to planet 4, where in 33%-50% of the times it brings me back to planet 5 with one click while you will have to start over from planet 1 because you didn;t had the arrows. Conclusion: I will click the 4th and 5th planets far more often with this sytem than you without it. I hope you shall understand that
                  Originally posted by R218901250 View Post
                  are you suggesting that you don't reach more often to the better planets with this procedure? because as you know planets 4 and 5 have better chances of good astrals, reaching them more often means better astrals. So bringing you back 1 planet (from 5 to 4) is better than to bring you back to the 1st planet. Is that my imagination ?
                  You're reaching them the same amount you would without this placebo system. How is that different from lighting up the 4th planet after you've used the 5th planet? If you do all the work before you use the 5th planet, that is the same as doing the work afterwards. Saying it's better is just a lie and the % chance to light up the next planet or get a better astral is always there.

For example, lighting up the 4th planet and then using the 5th = Using the 5th and then lighting up the 4th planet. Same procedure, different order.

Comment

What Whispir said.

If you want a more formal proof, I think I can provide it.

Let's assume for a second that every click you make takes you to a better star. So to light up all stars you'd need 4+3+2+1 = 10 clicks. Then using the 5th star would bring you to the 4th which again requires a click to get to 5, so you need 1 click. After that you repeat the process of lighting up all stars. Now you're missing the 4th star, meaning you need to get 3 -> 4, 2 -> 3 and 1 -> 2 which is another 3 clicks. Now you keep on using this algorithm again and again, but between lighting up all stars you need 5 clicks. Meaning, for k uses of the 5th star you need to click 10 + 5k times. Notice that these 5 additional clicks between attempts aren't solely those made on 4th and 5th stars, in fact, they are distributed evenly among all stars.
                    Now imagine the alternative - that you're just clicking to get to the 5th and then using the 5th. You'd need to click 5 times to get a 5th. After that you'd need another 5 clicks to make the next 5th and so on which brings us to the formula of 5k clicks for k uses of the 5th star. This is insignificantly better than the 1st method, as the complexity of both is the same (O(k) = k, or if it's more understandable 5k+C, where C is a constant (a whole number)). Notice again that these 5 clicks between actually getting astrals are distributed evenly among the stars.

As in both cases the distribution is the same (apart from the constant 10 clicks in the first case) we can generalize this to remove the assumption that every click we make takes us to a better star, and that's about it.

If you want it more graphically, here:

1st option, yours:

Base 10 clicks to lighten up all: 1->5, 1->4, 1->3, 1->2

Between those, 5 clicks to restore the setup and use the 5th: 5->6, 4->5, 3->4, 2->3, 1->2

2nd option, highest astral 1st:

5 clicks to use the 5th: 5->6, 4->5, 3->4, 2->3, 1->2
                    ==> Notice that this is the same as your option above. Meaning, now we can say that 1->2 takes x1 clicks, 2->3 takes x2 clicks and so on and the total sum is the same: x = x1 + ... x5.

There are probably some holes in this as I'm sick and can't focus well, not to speak of not having maths for years, but the point should be there.

Edit: on second thought this is not the point of the thread. I'll leave this here for now, but proving a point isn't what this thread's about. Just wanted to say: with infinite attempts we should all get the same distribution between the colors of astrals if we're not using a suboptimal technique such as just clicking the 1st astral infinitely, and as we're getting closer to infinity the distributions should be more and more similar. If this is not the case, you're either experiencing horrible luck or the system's broken - but unfortunately, the most probable cause is that OP's simply gravely overestimating.
                    Last edited by WickedSilk; 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM. Reason: in text

Comment

Originally posted by R220858070 View Post
                      is there a limit to getting yellow astro from the random clicking? i finnally used my vipp wheels n today i spent 18.2m {in total not at once** gold n not 1 yellow astro not even red any an only 3 purples are astro limited to getting untill i have to buy from astro shop? i see ppl in my server get yellow super easy pops up like ever 2 hours mins sum1 even after world boss world chat getts spammed with ppl got yellow and red astro am i doing somthing wrong is it because im not vip 4? i been playing for month half spend 300k a day on astros nothing any reason?
                      its all about luck and nothing else
                      for ex
                      today i got sniper edge yellow with 15 lucky clicks
                      yesterday i spent 3 mil and nothing
                      best day i had i got 4 yellows

Comment

Working...
                      X