Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Astral statistics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral statistics

I decided to collect some statistics on astrals because I couldn't find any.

This test was mainly to see the difference between manual clicking (actually, its easier to write a small autohotkey script to do the clicking) and one-click capture. Here's what I got:

Manual, 2KK gold (sell green)
    Star points acquired: 1136 (1760 gold per)
    Exp acquired: 3750 (533 gold per)

One-click, 2KK gold (sell green)
    Star points acquired: 716 (2793 gold per)
    Exp acquired: 3550 (563 gold per)

So as we all know, one-click is about 35% less star points, and about the same exp. Also, since in both cases 1 exp costs over 500 gold, it is safe to say that keep green would yield more exp (since selling it is gaining 3800 gold at the cost of 10 exp, which is 380 gold each) and would be the best choice once you have all the astrals you need.
    Also I wonder if the amount of points gained from one-click depends on your vip level? That would be kinda silly but I got quite a bit more points than one of my friends with lower vip, so who knows?
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

One-click astral capture is bugged.

This has been reported time and again.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

I know it has, but was it ever recognized as a bug (by devs)? Maybe its a feature and we all don't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
        So as we all know, one-click is about 35% less star points, and about the same exp. Also, since in both cases 1 exp costs over 500 gold, it is safe to say that keep green would yield more exp (since selling it is gaining 3800 gold at the cost of 10 exp, which is 380 gold each) and would be the best choice once you have all the astrals you need.
        One click capture is bugged.
        Im not sure if i understand the part about greens - did u test that you get more XP overall if you DONT sell them to buy energines?
        Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
        I do not exist.
        For real.

Comment

The bug appears to be that the auto-sell happens *before* the capture is counted. During the latest astrals quest, auto-capture on an empty queue only added 16 astrals to the quest total. In manual, they all count (even the ones that are sold off).

Also note that the 20k gold check is only incurred once during auto-capture. It will happily spend you down to 56 gold if you start auto-capture at 21,056 gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Telstar View Post
            One click capture is bugged.
            Im not sure if i understand the part about greens - did u test that you get more XP overall if you DONT sell them to buy energines?
            I got just over 1k points and 3750 exp with 2 mil gold. If I use those points to buy energine, I will get 4250 exp, which is 470 gold per exp, which is still much more expensive than keeping greens.

Comment

To get a better statistical approximation, try collecting astrals like that multiple times or spend greater amounts of gold, doesn't matter. Anyway, 2M gold might still not be enough to give you the info you seek. Ten million, maybe. A hundred should give you some real data.

One click capture is often complained on, and I heard that someone told us it was actually a feature (not a bug . But since I'm not VIP, I wouldn't really know. What I do know is that I like that it's not the other way around (that it doesn't give you unfair bonuses during astral capturing).

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                To get a better statistical approximation, try collecting astrals like that multiple times or spend greater amounts of gold, doesn't matter. Anyway, 2M gold might still not be enough to give you the info you seek. Ten million, maybe. A hundred should give you some real data.

One click capture is often complained on, and I heard that someone told us it was actually a feature (not a bug . But since I'm not VIP, I wouldn't really know. What I do know is that I like that it's not the other way around (that it doesn't give you unfair bonuses during astral capturing).
                It's a bug. One-click capture used to work fine long ago. I forget which patch caused the change, but it was noticeable the very first day after it became like it is now. Still can have over 800k gold get spent from a single usage of one-click capture to fill up the page (16 astrals) - odds of having misfortune streak of 150+ never occurs in manual mode, but loves to occur in one-click capture.
                Last edited by SinnedWill; 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

2M is about 500 clicks, so it's not too bad. I'd be crazy to save up 10 million (even though I haven't been plundered in weeks), but I'll definitely record more when I'm not lazy.

Comment

I click is used only when you have all the astrals that you want and you dont need points to exchange it. It saves the time but you lose points doing it.
                    Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

2M is about 500 clicks, so it's not too bad. I'd be crazy to save up 10 million (even though I haven't been plundered in weeks), but I'll definitely record more when I'm not lazy.
                      I saved 8+mil many times. For enchanting, not astro. 4mil is tops i can stand doing manually.

I do not exist.
                      For real.

Comment

I got just over 1k points and 3750 exp with 2 mil gold. If I use those points to buy energine, I will get 4250 exp, which is 470 gold per exp, which is still much more expensive than keeping greens.
                        Thanks, then i'm doing without selling greens now. Also quicker (one button less to click every now and then).

I do not exist.
                        For real.

Comment

Working...
                        X