Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Talents

Hi all!
    I want to ask wich are best talents for mage and why?
    And ofc what talents are u using?

I'm using the talents that best compliment my selection of skills.

This will vary from Mage to Mage.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Survival: great in MPs, and pvp.. not many times u get the chance to rapidly spam restoration so lvling this is very worth it.
      Redemption: when you do high lvl dungeons this is a must in nm/spire (needs pve set, because with pvp set you are waiting for rage not cd:P)
      Focus: good for throwing an extra skill when it kicks in.
      Barrier: so obvious why.
      Momentum: great in gb and arena, spam them meteors, rof+meteor spam will clear any group fast.

P.S not all of these are worth taking depend on your set (pve vs pvp) amount of skill points (skill set up)

Comment

Unfortunately you have to spend all points in HS so this question is moot.

Comment

I am level 64 currently at 52k BR. My set up at the moment is

Click image for larger version

Name:	talents.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	1673753

I am level camped until I reach Elite Crusader and maybe High Commander if I can achieve it, working on my stun until it is maxed for 64. (level 28 talents I'm told)
          I would like to spread into other talents more but as I refuse to rely on stun to win, I really hate being stunned so for now its going to seal.

Mind you I still have to finish my GS and enchanting the rings in my 50 pve (I don't try without lvl 9 stones lol). But Ginger is correct my current goals are more around honor and strengthening my base toon. I MP with my own now abandoned archer that is OP for what I am doing so my heals aren't as important as if it the whole team was on level. But who knows I may be doing it all wrong too...

Having spent maybe 50 bucks total, this is what is working well for me atm though.
          My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

Comment

Originally posted by R2EndlessMoneyPit View Post
            I am level 64 currently at 52k BR. My set up at the moment is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53317[/ATTACH]

I am level camped until I reach Elite Crusader and maybe High Commander if I can achieve it, working on my stun until it is maxed for 64. (level 28 talents I'm told)
            I would like to spread into other talents more but as I refuse to rely on stun to win, I really hate being stunned so for now its going to seal.

Mind you I still have to finish my GS and enchanting the rings in my 50 pve (I don't try without lvl 9 stones lol). But Ginger is correct my current goals are more around honor and strengthening my base toon. I MP with my own now abandoned archer that is OP for what I am doing so my heals aren't as important as if it the whole team was on level. But who knows I may be doing it all wrong too...

Having spent maybe 50 bucks total, this is what is working well for me atm though.
            at least one point in focus can come in handy,survival and barrier maxed, redemption you dont really need it since you are focused on pvp

Comment

best mage talents: Barrier and Redemption
              -- they are handy. period.
              Last edited by Carassimira; 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM.
              ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                at least one point in focus can come in handy,survival and barrier maxed, redemption you dont really need it since you are focused on pvp
                You are totally right, Just switched the redemption for focus. When I started talents my heals were more important to my MP team than now, never thought to switch. Thanks
                My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

Comment

These are my OPINIONS of each talent, can't say they will be true for you, but here's my synopsis of each after "dabbling" with them through my experiences:

Survival: Controversial.

Well, if you're crit mage, you don't need too many points in survival. At survival 5, my crit restoration values typically exceed my maximum HP, so continuing to level survival would just result in more significant "over-heal" values. Also, ranking up survival increases the cooldown (tolerable, sure) time, which sure, usually just results in a change in strategy to avoid overhealing, but can cause more deaths in MPD's due to tank taking a crit when you planned to resto them after normal damage. Lastly, a longer cooldown on restoration also results in a less frequent application of its damage reduction buff (15% for 2 rounds) - which can spell the difference between surviving or dying to a heavy-hitting skill like a knight's EDD (for example: I normally pre-cast resto on myself when I see an EDD heading for me; it tops me off and the damage reduction is huge).

I'm not saying to avoid survival. Just pointing out that it's not the "must have maxed out ASAP" talent many make it out to be. Every player has their own style, and this is a talent that results in both boons (positive affects) and banes (negative affects). Whether or not the boons outweigh the banes for you and your play-style, it's up to you to decide.

Focus: should have this at rank 1 at least, no matter your spec.

Barrier: should max this ASAP every time your seal increases enough to give higher ranks of talents IMO.

Momentum: Great in GA and duels, sure. But, meteor lacks punching power against opponents with high MDEF. Only advise using it in PvE (boss-battles) if you're a tanky mage, since it WILL increase your survivability, but meteor becomes rage-heavy and lacks a lot of punching power for its rage cost on a single-target. BEST APPLICATION: ToK.

Awaken: Worst talent in-game I fear. Can't rely on it to proc when you NEED to DTF, and usually procs when DTF is on cooldown. Can be useful, on WB, but that's about it. Personally, I think this talent should be affecting Thunderer instead of DTF.

Callousness: Great for mages who can find the time to use their 2nd Delphic effectively - suggest having it rank 1 if you use that 2nd Delphic if only for the cooldown reduction; hard to justify higher ranks of it before maxing out other talents first, though, due to inconsistency of having the "bubbles" apply to teammates, their small quantity of HP absorbed, and the bugs they can cause (ONE example: have seen a knight on my team use argoram shield immediately before I use DHT, then I give them the callousness bubble, and said knight remains unhit but has a bleed rune thrown on her and her first action she takes 3500 bleed damage and both bubbles vanish - was not scattered, did not take a single attack from enemy team. Have seen this occur MANY times, so I doubt someone's using a purge rune every time it has happened).

Misfortune: Great talent for support-role mages that have damnation and DPS mages alike. Around rank 5, one mage becomes capable of sustaining the debuff indefinitely on most bosses.

Redemption: Great talent for healing/support/GA troll mages. At higher ranks, a support mage can actually use it heavily for the purpose of "feeding" rage to his groupmates so that they can sustain more burst dps. VERY vital for single mage groups.

Comment

Great post SinnedWill

I will add onyl some suggestons. Misfortune, barrier foucs survival and momentum should be used at the beginnign when you also do not have other skills opened. It is useless to develop redemption if your bless is only at level 1 and not 2. It is useless to develop misfortune if you do not have damnation at max level. Talents should support the skills that are used by character. Barrier and focus are not skill based talents so they can be upgraded at the beginning. Survival talent comes into play when you have max restoration. It is important but with some negative effect. To what level you should upgraded each talent depens on how many times you use the skill that the talent support it and what kind of mage you are. IF you are a healer than survival and redemption with barrier are the ones that you need. IF you are crit mage you do not need max restorat as you can get crit healing usning it. If you go for damage mage than momentum callousness and misfortune are the ones you need to develop. Barrier is the basic one and should be upgraded constantly. Someone said talents are not important HS is I wish him good luck as he will need it.
                    Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Talent.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1673765

I think this Screenshot will help .
                      "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die" :confused::mad:

Comment

Very nice but i agree with the others that 1 point in focus is always nice. Specially if u have 70 talents already.

Comment

its old Screenshot now its better lvl 73 i sure im with u in this , but this help in MP alot , Spicily in Laych Nm for CD and how much u can give HP
                          "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die" :confused::mad:

Comment

Working...
                          X