Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward kill or tower hold? That is the question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward kill or tower hold? That is the question.

I play on 2 servers and I have played on dozens of guild battles. I dont see the point myself in holding any towers since I see even in close battles, it comes down to who can kill the other ward first. So please convince me of the objective of tower holding.

To end within 20 mins for better rewards.

Comment

Some low lv is better off holding than hitting towers.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
        To end within 20 mins for better rewards.
        What about for close battles, why hold towers? Why not just go for ward?

Comment

depends on the age of your server imo...
          if its a new server, most guys attacking ward will do very little damage, and gain very few points. so holding towers will give more points.
          older servers where people do loads more damage, killing ward yeilds more points...

of course, even in older servers, grabing those towers gives an advantage... more points for your team, less points for enemy.
          claiming them, and having 4 people defending them are 2 very different things though.

Comment

Ya but points dont even matter if the ward dies in every close battle. I havnt seen a close battle go to the end. It has always been a ward kill.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
              Ya but points dont even matter if the ward dies in every close battle. I havnt seen a close battle go to the end. It has always been a ward kill.
              common misunderstanding, points are tied to ward hp. more points = more damage to ward... getting the points from those towers actually shaves hp from the ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
                common misunderstanding, points are tied to ward hp. more points = more damage to ward... getting the points from those towers actually shaves hp from the ward.
                I dont see anything about that in the wiki or anywhere else. All combat are tied to points and damage to ward gives points, not the other way around.

Comment

What about for close battles, why hold towers? Why not just go for ward?
                  Even for close battles, NOT everyone can be useful in the battle of the high lvs. This is where the low lvs comes in handy for taking care holding tower while the higher ones engage in battle or attack the tower for more points.

Comment

I dont see anything about that in the wiki or anywhere else. All combat are tied to points and damage to ward gives points, not the other way around.
                    dont trust the wiki, theres very little info on there about anything.. most of it is outdated also...

question for you, these close battles. is it ever the team with the least points who win by killing the ward? or the team with the most points who kill the ward?

in my experience the 2 go hand in hand.

Comment

The points are directly related to ward tower damage. 1 point = 10k damage. If you look at the points for the winning team when ward tower is destroyed, it should be 7.8k points or 6k if no heal was used. Each mystery tower gives 17.5k points (175k damage) per tick so having them DO help in killing ward tower. How to use that knowledge to win GB will vary for everyone. Sometimes keeping the mystery towers is beneficial, and sometimes the time spent to capture and hold isn't worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X