Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Unorthodox astral decisions for Mage level 58, please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unorthodox astral decisions for Mage level 58, please help.

I have been thinking awhile about my current astral choice.

Mage - BR 46k - Level 58.

Holy Mysticality 5
    Pristine Willpower 4
    Pristine Fortitude 4
    Pristine Sniper's Edge 4
    Pristine Enshieldment 5

Now, let's not get into the crit/non-crit or block/not-block discussion. I feel the last two are there to stay.

What concerns me are the MDEF/PDEF astrals.

Would it be viable for me, as a mage, to swap my MDEF astral for Enhanced Goddess Blessing?

How wise (or completely stupid) of me would it be to delete both of them and add Goddess and Holy Charm? (I got the red one from wheel.)

How much damage reduction will a Goddess level 4 give compared to a yellow MDEF level 4?

Any suggestions are welcome.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Replace sniper with will destroyer, block with goddess. Problem solved

Comment

Yes, that is exactly the response I always get with my astral selection, and it is dead wrong.

I can't afford an EWD plus a SE at similar levels and SE gives more damage to WB which is very much important for me at this stage.

At the current level of Enshieldment that astral also reduces damage taken by more than the EGB.

So all in all you just gave me "how does everyone else build their mage" and added nothing useful. Thanks.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

The typical mage archetype would be was darrylch suggested.

I swapped my MDEF for goddess. I won't have an MDEF astral till level 60 probably.

I don't rate charm. However, if you can raise it high enough - your troops do become much tougher to kill. For CW, 60+ I will be using Charm I think.

As for the damage reduction: I find that the damage reduction is pretty similar assuming you have a semi decent block value.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

lets have a little calculation

level 4 pristine willpower = 864 * 1.2 = 1036

1.2 = 20% more mdef... mage passive skill

with level 4 willpower orange, enemy without private medallion

(10000 - 8036 / 2) = 982

with level 4 EGB, enemy without private medallion

[(10000 - 7000 / 2) * 0.88] = 1320

with level 4 willpower orange enemy with private medallion

[(10000 * 1.1) - 8036)/2 = 1482

with level 4 EGB, enemy with private medallion

{[(10000 * 1.1) - 7000] / 2 ** * 0.88 = 1760

well mdef astral is more useful if your mdef is too close with your enemy matk..
          Last edited by BorrDeSiraUlo; 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Is your MDEF even high enough to swap for goddess? Have you got any idea you could have made 2 sets of astrals to swap it with? Do you even know goddess blessing = perma dmg reduce while block is just taking chance? Since my post is nothing useful, why even start a thread and ask for opinion in the first place then. Go figure it out by yourself
            Last edited by darrylch; 09-05-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Get ewd and keep your SE at lvl 4, but start working on ewd... after that get a GB and make it 5+ then replace block.

Comment

First of all you should take screenshot of your stats with those astro equipped.
                Without it, it's hard to give you a good advice, i.e. block astro seems a lot worse idea than goddess blessing unless you have refined block in your items and got IC/LD medallion.
                EvilOne | S36

Comment

The one thing that strikes me right off is...crit build but no det?

Personally, i would probably drop block for det and keep mdef, add gb at 60

But, to the real question you posed...are you fighting a lot more archers and knights than mages, and/or have no troubles with mages around you? drop mdef for gb...otherwise, keep it...it helps a lot against your fellow mages, and a lot of mp bosses

Comment

These are the relevant facts about my character:

PDEF 8710
                    MATK 14247
                    MDEF 11991
                    CRIT 1085
                    BLOCK 1532
                    HP 29975
                    Troop 1076
                    Templar level 58 w lvl 2 MATK enlightenment.

That's with MDEF PDEF Mysticality Snipers and Enshieldment.

BR 46606
                    Knight Crusader Medal.
                    My armor is a full PvE50 with 2 pieces (head and brooch) left to legend. Legend 50 jewels, legend 40 rings.

I find my real weakness in BG is archers.

FYI I have both Goddess and Enhanced Will Destroyer in inventory as well as that Holy Charm.
                    Last edited by MolochMage; 09-05-2013, 06:44 PM.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                      Replace sniper with will destroyer, block with goddess. Problem solved
                      In case you missed it the first time

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                      Now, let's not get into the crit/non-crit or block/not-block discussion. I feel the last two are there to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post

So all in all you just gave me "how does everyone else build their mage" and added nothing useful. Thanks.
                        "How does everyone else build their mage" is close to the optimum way of building.

If you try something like what you just did, you'll end up being weaker.

But if you're just here to have fun, yeah .. by all means.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

hello,

change it fast! Sniper edge only with Determination and for god man get your godess blessing now!
                          DON'T WORRY ! BE HAPPY !

[/img][/URL]

Comment

http://forums.gamefuse.com/showthrea...e-Astral-Guide

According to this breakdown it would seem that Enshieldment outperforms Goddess up to and including level 7 for a mage.

Sniper's Edge gets less effective but that does not take into account:

1, You can couple with Determination on WB for higher rewards.
                            2, Critical rating are applied to heals. Healing mage build benefits from Snipers and not from EWD.

Thanks to the people who actually tried to answer my question, as opposed to the others who only seemed interested in complaining about something I needed no advice in.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Critical heals are rare. You need about 5k in critical value to see it proc.

Anyhow, good luck.
                              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X