Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unorthodox astral decisions for Mage level 58, please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddess blessing reduces the damage for every hit you take. Enshieldment works only when it procs.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

... and if you see the breakdown you will notice that it takes this into account.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

The block chance is wrong. I have 2.7k block and I don't see myself blocking at 66% chance. In fact, it's less than 25%.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Is this a result of a nerf?
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Never did nerf. I had 2.7k block for about 4 months now.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

I like making non-mainstream builds so I know where you're coming from. Dropping mdef for goddess blessing is a good call because

1. mages have better mdef naturally, and as you increase guild skills etc this will get better
              2. adding goddess blessing will help against matk and patk, which fits in with your desire to keep block

Don't drop pdef for charm, won't do you any good in arena or MPs, but keep it around for class wars, where pdef is basically worthless

Comment

OK why each one goes like drop this and that. He can be crit mage by all means. Bloc astral works all the time period it is not like crit hits, but it is calculated like crit. Block is needed in Mps and elsvere. Higher level mages (60 onward) they all have block astral in their set. HP 29975 this is your HP it is low and you shuld work on it period. Leave astral set for now as it is good if you like to play as crit mage. For this level it is best to use goddes blessing and will destroyer but hack be different if it suite you. My HP at your level and your BR was more than 32 000. Use holy charm in WB and only WB.
                Last edited by R211563703; 09-06-2013, 01:53 AM.
                Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

That's the next question.

WHY would I use Charm in World Boss?

It states on numerous sites that the number of templars in your army does no change to the damage they do. Is this wrong? They never take a hit. I'm in front.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                    That's the next question.

WHY would I use Charm in World Boss?

It states on numerous sites that the number of templars in your army does no change to the damage they do. Is this wrong? They never take a hit. I'm in front.
                    You shouldn't use it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                      I find my real weakness in BG is archers.

FYI I have both Goddess and Enhanced Will Destroyer in inventory as well as that Holy Charm.
                      That comes in territory as mage, we are archer food. If you're more concerned competing with archers then switch to will destroyer and keep pdef.
                      I used level 8 EWD when I did compete with them in BG but only for ranking. Atm I only use pdef for the BR event, but I've drop pdef entirely other than that.
                      As againsts knights, I found that if they can hit you with ulti bad enough then they most likely will chew your troops fast enough.
                      I don't put charm astral or gems..yet (maybe play someday), just put some in refinements, enough to keep the knights busy.

You're right with your first instinct for crit, crit will become more useful, but not at your current level.
                      I first noticed when I got to high level talents (>4), EWD essentially becomes obsolete in most my skills.
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

MolochMage

Wrong about charm, more troops more damage in WB. I have tested this astral now for quite a while, and why are you in front in WB? Are you not a mage? You should be at the back and your troops should be at the front.
                        Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
                          MolochMage

Wrong about charm, more troops more damage in WB. I have tested this astral now for quite a while, and why are you in front in WB? Are you not a mage? You should be at the back and your troops should be at the front.
                          There's nothing correct about this post.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
                            MolochMage

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            There's nothing correct about this post.
                            +1 what Condor said

Comment

Well, this discussion is now obsolete for me in a manner of speaking, because I had to level to 60. I was fooled by the talent cap and mistakenly thought I had two extra talent points to use, but since the talent points are capped at 14 @59 (even though we do have xp enough to level it) I was left with 4m xp on 59 which meant I could not play "normally" (use cata and participate in events) without levelling, so I had to suck it up.

My current level is 61 and I plan to still "slow level" to 64, because I can be competitive in BG at 64 (HS is capped), and I was lucky enough to pick up a Holy Enshieldment astral from the astral wheel.

I did switch Sniper's Edge for EWD. I found (as I suspected) that this reduces my WB income but it's not so bad. Perhaps 150k gold less per instance. I manage. Reason I switched was I didn't want to split my astral points between Sniper's, Determination and Ruthlessness when the only time I used the last two was during WB. When I can get a Commander medallion I will switch EWD for Holy Sniper's Edge.

This is my first and only character and if I had known what I know now I would have played it a lot differently. However it would take me half a year to get a new one to the point where I am now.

Current outfit:

Level 61.
                              Knight Crusader rank and medal.
                              BR 54786 including 200% academy boost. (Just short of 50k unbuffed.)
                              PDEF 10446
                              MDEF 14355
                              HP 36040
                              BLOCK 1897
                              CRIT 10
                              TROOP 1613
                              Templars 61 w/ level 3 MATK Enlightenment

Armor: Still pve 50, only brooch left to legend. Have started farming legendary 60. Will take 4 months.

Astral choice:
                              Yellow PDEF 4, Yellow MDEF 4, Red MATK 5, Red BLOCK 5, Yellow Will Destroyer 4, Yellow Goddess Blessing 4

I guess I adapted to the most common way after all. Is there anything wrong with this setup?

Best, Moloch
                              Last edited by MolochMage; 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                              X