Knight: useless class? (MOANING)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bashugud View Post
    If you think the players pdef/mdef has no bearing on troops. I'll advise you to go to sunny woods with a friend kill him normally as you do, then ask him to stand in front of his troops and take him out first, then I want you to take note of the massive damage difference when you removed the knight. Only thing i ask is for you not to go in to denial when you see the results.
    are you forgetting the 50% dmg boost after each minute maybe? ^^ this would explain why you kill troops much faster at the end of a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Roadsidebomb View Post
      I wrote that and its true, our (Knights) talents blow. For a class that is described by everyone as being the "defensive" or "tank" class i cannot for the life of me understand why we don't have some talent attached to Aragorns or Apollos, by far our 2 most "defensive" skills. Shadow Tharasher, who said it had a long cd and cast speed, cd is 1 sec. End of the day most ppl who comment singing the praises of Knights need to play a bit longer to know *** they're talking about. Lvl 60, 60k BR lmao. Talking about Moonevil Den MP how apollos is so great in that mp hahahaha. Fact is Knight isn't needed is any mp. Even 70 NM mps. All ppl wanna say "maybe you need to learn to build your Knight correctly" so Oxycotton, is my Knight built correctly? I gave u a flogging in BG the other day. Not bragging only trying to make my point that perhaps I have some grounds to voice an educated opinion. A final thing, funny how they have Crit scrolls but no Block scrolls, wonder how many ppl ever wondered that as well. ppl still wanna say Knights aren't **'ed?
      WHy are you pointing out me in the first place? Did I qoute you or something saying your knight isn't built correctly? I do not think so lol. So in that case I wasn't even talking to you so stop trying to attack me with your comment okay. I never stated your knight wasn't built correct and I know you are better than me. You spent more money than I did on my toon so ofc you be stronger. Not to mention you are in s1 so ofc you be much stronger. Learn to think of these things before you start to bash on me for something I didn't even point directly towards you. I was speaking to the people who are still low lvls or haven't got there set done yet that whine about knights sucking in this game. So please next time before you start to bash learn to think. Hmm "maybe this guy isn't talking to me". It's common sense buddy that you are much stronger than me so obviously I wasn't talking to you now was I? Also you were indeed bragging bc if you actually thought about stuff instead of posting you wouldn't be mentioning those statements

Comment

• Still cry about mages...Ehh what da **. Mage is knigt counter and nothing wrong u have big problems with them. Want kill mages,change class to archer,want kill knights change to mage, want kill archer - be knight and stop complaining. Usless knight in mpd? I like knight apollo and front wall on my moon,soon dt nm team. For spire good tank is must have.
        Cant understand u guys...but maybe u have right, knight should be good in evrything bcs this is big massive knight, sad thing - usually big muscle guys are soo silly Hehe^^ have a nice day

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
          Still cry about mages...Ehh what da **. Mage is knigt counter and nothing wrong u have big problems with them. Want kill mages,change class to archer,want kill knights change to mage, want kill archer - be knight and stop complaining. Usless knight in mpd? I like knight apollo and front wall on my moon,soon dt nm team. For spire good tank is must have.
          Cant understand u guys...but maybe u have right, knight should be good in evrything bcs this is big massive knight, sad thing - usually big muscle guys are soo silly Hehe^^ have a nice day
          Main problem is that with each addition knights are getting less powerful, like the addition of templars, addition of BW(which boosts the TC up which is most harmful to knights), right when we knights thought we have become powerful enough to blow troops away fast, they screw us with BW
          In PvE knights are the worst outta 3 in every event(except for maybe spire)

Comment

• Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
            Main problem is that with each addition knights are getting less powerful, like the addition of templars, addition of BW(which boosts the TC up which is most harmful to knights), right when we knights thought we have become powerful enough to blow troops away fast, they screw us with BW
            If u have same tc lvl in academy u get same bost like other guy with lets say, 70v academy ct if u have less ct then someone,thats bcs u have less without bw
            And like i say, i like knights in my team for moon or dt nm

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
              I will wholeheartedly agree that each of the recent patches hasn't been kind to knights

With only one aoe skill and no way to target back row directly like archers (ap and df) it's essential knights kill the troops quickly, and BW has made this hard

Only counter would be if there was a talent to shorten w/w cd I suppose

But speaking as a mage I'm loving my new troops strength, watching my templar survive a Delphic Destroyer from our servers top knight was fab
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

• Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                I will wholeheartedly agree that each of the recent patches hasn't been kind to knights

With only one aoe skill and no way to target back row directly like archers (ap and df) it's essential knights kill the troops quickly, and BW has made this hard

Only counter would be if there was a talent to shorten w/w cd I suppose

But speaking as a mage I'm loving my new troops strength, watching my templar survive a Delphic Destroyer from our servers top knight was fab
                w/w? Are you talking about ww? If so there is a talent that shortens WW cd for knights. You should know you have a knight as well lol. If w/w is something else then my bad. Can you explain w/w is? Anyways though i think major reason why no one does anything with the other talents is due to the fact we all need to upgrade HS before we can even touch the other talents. Lastly, I do agree that mages are a pain in the *** against knights. They should be afterall since they are knights counter. However, it isn't impossible to beat strong mages being a knight. I done it occasionally (not major cashers out there with 25k+ matk ofc.) but BR around your BR or a bit more/less is doable if you have enough hp,block,etc to handle. Overall though yes it is extremely hard for knights to beat mages.

Comment

• Fought a mage around the same BR as me. 3 resto, 1 blessed light, 2 healing rune, suntoria, I just waved the little white flag.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                    w/w? Are you talking about ww? If so there is a talent that shortens WW cd for knights. You should know you have a knight as well lol. If w/w is something else then my bad. Can you explain w/w is? Anyways though i think major reason why no one does anything with the other talents is due to the fact we all need to upgrade HS before we can even touch the other talents. Lastly, I do agree that mages are a pain in the *** against knights. They should be afterall since they are knights counter. However, it isn't impossible to beat strong mages being a knight. I done it occasionally (not major cashers out there with 25k+ matk ofc.) but BR around your BR or a bit more/less is doable if you have enough hp,block,etc to handle. Overall though yes it is extremely hard for knights to beat mages.
                    Yeah, my bad, I gave up on my knight so long ago I stopped looking at any talent but HS ^^
                    Blizzarea
                    S147
                    Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

• Knights have been hit hard after all those updates. The tech blessing has ended any chance knights had of ever becoming usefull.
                      Only usefull party skill they have is appollo, which btw is useless against bleed.
                      The cycle of recovering skills restore-scatter-puri is given on archers and mages so knights are USELESS on mpds such as BL and GoD. Appollo is too little. I am level 64 and have appollo lv 2 and the only usefull place for it is spire. Even moon with scatter is EASY.

Tech bonus now allows archers to act as tanks. So even moon can easilly be accomplished without knights.
                      In PvP even archers now stand a chance against knights because of HUGE templars they can have.

Plus, when guildmates ask for help, a knight is rarely the man they want. Always wanted is mage or archer. Knight is only wanted in spire...

Comment

• I love my knight, I can beat anyone on my server. Its good to have a knight in LL nm with 2 pve archers and 1 pve mage.
                        YouDie
                        144k BR knight!

Comment

• Oxy, calm down man I really wasn't having a go at you. I know ur on the forums a lot and you are one person I know I have encountered in BG. I was only asking u to attest to my claims that the line "Learn to build your Knight properly" frequently written on these types of threads might not apply to me because I have build my Knight properly. I am high lvl and decent strength so I might know more than the person playing the lvl 60, 60k BR Knight. Didn't mean to offend you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
                            how do you figure you have a 60% block rate? Just FYI 1k block = ~10% block chance. If you only have 30k hp and 8k pdef I HIGHLY doubt you have anywhere NEAR 60% block. Right now I have 2.2k block and i block about once every 4-5 hits or around 20%.

and the way dmg works is:
                            atk - def / 2. If someone has 11k patk and you have 8k pdef it would be 11-8/2 or 1.5k dmg. If a mage with 11k matk hit you with 5k mdef you would take 3k dmg. These numbers are also based off of auto-attacks because skills give out %'s. For instance a maxed out ult. slasher is 150% dmg + 300 dmg with a QTE of 25% more dmg. meaning that other knight with 11k patk would ult. slasher you for quite a bit more.
                            Ive been in pvp with other players of sim lvl as me as tests in altar of embodiment and they hit me with various attacks mostly just basic. And what i see pans out with what was on the wiki for wartune at my current block i get better than 50% block rate. Now some times some mobs seem to just get right by block probably something else in play in that area. How ever pvp i always see 60ish % block rate. Also in wb fights the same high rate of blocks.

Comment

• Archers dominate PvP early, mages mid-late and Knights late. Yes knights get dominated in PvP early, then the become monsters late. 60+ Knights take archers hands down, and can go toe to toe with mages depending on specs.

Knights and archers are basically mirrors, early archers own PvP and are meh at PvE. Later Knights own PvP and archers own PvE, if you are a knight and want to do well in PvP gotta stick it out to 60ish then you will dominate. Mages are always solid

Comment

• if u know how to use a knight they r good in PvP against mages and archers
                                yes mages r meant to slap them around
                                here's a hint on how to use a knight
                                first attack HS
                                second attack super slasher - targets lowest HP which will be players toon due to hitting them with HS
                                then use whirlwind
                                and then super slasher CD should be done nail em with it again
                                by then they should be dead if not repeat that and there u go simple

Comment

Working...
                                X