Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Minigame idea!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minigame idea!

Hey guys,

I am here to bring you a whole new minigame idea! It is a team-based minigame and pretty much compared to Battlegrounds meaning this idea could also be an addition to the original Battlegrounds.

Details:
    Team-based (10vs10/15vs15 etc.)
    20 minute games

Click image for larger version

Name:	BattlegroundPic.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1739660

Idea:
    There are two teams, Red and Blue, or One and Two, doesn't matter, but to clear it up I've picked team Red and team Blue.
    There is a battleground (take a look at the picture). Each team has a boss, spawn and an 'Officer' (same idea as the Resource Officer from the BG, just took the same name to make it easier).
    The two teams both have the task to kill the enemy's boss. This is done by running into the opposite side on the battleground and attacking the boss (obviously you'll get into a 1v1 with the boss, meaning other players can't attack you while fighting the boss). On death, the player will be moved back to their team's spawn. The bosses' health can be restored by collecting crates (or something else, it's all optional, just copied the idea from BG) from the middle of the field, and return them to the Officer. Each crate would only restore a small percentage of the bosses' hitpoints (1% for example) so the battle won't keep going on forever.

There would be two roles:
    Role 1; Try to do as much damage to the boss and eventually bring it down (recommended for higher levels)
    Role 2; Try to restore as much as possible hitpoints to restore your bosses' hitpoints (recommended for lower levels)

The minigame would require a lot of teamwork, because players can also battle each other it would be logical that players will camp next to the boss to prevent enemies to attack the boss. Solving this would mean going with a group, two or three players attack the other players around the boss and the strongest one attacks the boss. A good thing is that you can also restore hitpoints, so this minigame would also be perfect for low level players!

Rewards:
    Not sure, all optional?!

The game will end if one of the two bosses dies or if the 20 minutes are over. If no boss has been killed, it will result in a tie.

To me, it seems like extra fun. Battlegrounds are fun but I think it would be great if there would be a small change in the gameplay and add a boss to it.

This was basicly my idea. It is only an idea, so not a full description of how the actual minigame should be made because I am not a game designer, nor a developer, so it is all out of my hands.
    I hope you guys like this idea and maybe it will be looked in to!

Oh yeah by the way, leave a like for my epic paint skills? LOL.
    Last edited by iiBourneHD; 09-06-2013, 09:53 AM.

That's cool and i like it, but i don't think R2 has power over this.
    If you want to add suggest a new game content in the game, the best way is sending your idea to 7road.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I actually...don't hate this idea. I can still think of ways of breaking it, but at first glance it's not terrible.

You need to elaborate on how team matchmaking would work. Too much imbalance, and you can easily have one team send "strong" players that can bulldoze enemy "strong" players to reach enemy boss while their "weak" players are strong enough to repel enemy "weak" players from fetching crates.

Also, I get a feeling this mini-game would give honor for player kills, which would really make it more of the same (honor-farming) just in a slightly different form.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
        I actually...don't hate this idea. I can still think of ways of breaking it, but at first glance it's not terrible.

You need to elaborate on how team matchmaking would work. Too much imbalance, and you can easily have one team send "strong" players that can bulldoze enemy "strong" players to reach enemy boss while their "weak" players are strong enough to repel enemy "weak" players from fetching crates.

Also, I get a feeling this mini-game would give honor for player kills, which would really make it more of the same (honor-farming) just in a slightly different form.
        pfff, honor.

Why not make this game give players FATE STONES. (just like Tank gives Runestones)

Like a winning chest gives players 5~10 Fate stone, and a chance to obtain 40 Battleground Treasure Shard.
        And a losing chest gives player 1~5 Fate Stone, and a chance to obtain 20 Battleground Treasure Shard.

Battleground Treasure Shard comes as a bonus on chance, you still get Fate Stone, but you may or may not get BG Treasure Shard.
        Mini-game can only be attempted once per day (just like Tanks)

Also, add in Pandora's Box near "Spawn Zone" (of each side) that gives you buffs or debuffs like in Dungeons

Such as increasing stat by +10%
        Increasing PDEF, etc
        Or even it will be a Debuff where you get -PDEF, etc

Have the Pandora's Box's buff/debuff last for 30 second that can not be removed.
        Than refresh every 30 second before a player can click on Pandora's Box again for another buff/debuff
        (individuals, so each player have their own timer)

Pandora's Box's level of effects is based on the Bracket players are in (just like Dungeon Map levels)
        Last edited by anichaos; 09-06-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Hmmm this sounds like a really really good idea. The BG format currently is quite standard and boring, this could be a re-vamp and actually take over the BG. This way it would be another Honor-Grind, but The NEW Honor-Grind =P Match making, as well as honor gain from all aspects can be decided once the idea is forwarded. But as the basis of an idea... Great work. Excellect idea.

Deaâ€*h =)

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post

Why not make this game give players FATE STONES. (just like Tank gives Runestones)

Like a winning chest gives players 5~10 Fate stone, and a chance to obtain 40 Battleground Treasure Shard.
            And a losing chest gives player 1~5 Fate Stone, and a chance to obtain 20 Battleground Treasure Shard.

Battleground Treasure Shard comes as a bonus on chance, you still get Fate Stone, but you may or may not get BG Treasure Shard.
            Mini-game can only be attempted once per day (just like Tanks)

Also, add in Pandora's Box near "Spawn Zone" (of each side) that gives you buffs or debuffs like in Dungeons

Such as increasing stat by +10%
            Increasing PDEF, etc
            Or even it will be a Debuff where you get -PDEF, etc

Have the Pandora's Box refresh every 30 second (individuals, so each player have their own timer)

Pandora's Box's level of effects is based on the Bracket players are in (just like Dungeon Map levels)
            Another idea I don't hate. But then again, R2 is crazy stingy with those fate stones, so I'd probably support any half-decent proposal that suggested a way to get more of them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

People, it's time to understand that R2, like so many others that host Wartune, doesn't change much in the game. They buy the patch, upgrade and event content from the original rights owner or whatever, not sure if even do translation or copy/paste that too, cause some things in the game are hilarious or just nonsense. They try to instal it and fix the major bugs that if left alone would lose them income, maybe change the prices or rewards a little, if there is any big problem with the players they give little in-game compensation and then move on to the new event. These suggestions and ideas fall on deaf ears. Show me one thing from here that made into the game or made some changes.
                About the idea itself - that sounds to me like gb merged with bg. The few differences - it's shorter-ish, random players with random teams (so everyone could enter, that's a + ), and instead of bringing back carts to win, you bring back carts not to lose. I like it, probably won't be for honor grinding otherwise no1 will attack the boss but already said the sad truth...

Comment

Originally posted by flssdd View Post
                  People, it's time to understand that R2, like so many others that host Wartune, doesn't change much in the game. They buy the patch, upgrade and event content from the original rights owner or whatever, not sure if even do translation or copy/paste that too, cause some things in the game are hilarious or just nonsense. They try to instal it and fix the major bugs that if left alone would lose them income, maybe change the prices or rewards a little, if there is any big problem with the players they give little in-game compensation and then move on to the new event. These suggestions and ideas fall on deaf ears. Show me one thing from here that made into the game or made some changes.
                  About the idea itself - that sounds to me like gb merged with bg. The few differences - it's shorter-ish, random players with random teams (so everyone could enter, that's a + ), and instead of bringing back carts to win, you bring back carts not to lose. I like it, probably won't be for honor grinding otherwise no1 will attack the boss but already said the sad truth...
                  Oh, I'm aware of how the system works, but that doesn't keep me from coming to tell people when their ideas are good/bad and why.

Comment

Working...
                  X