No announcement yet.

Holly Seal runed this game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dislike stun, it comes in handy in bg vs dryad bombers, but other than that, its just a case of someone who has played longer than you has a higher chance to stun you.
    couple that in with the fact that the people who have played longer than you have had longer to farm up soul crystals. mounts from events, wb's to increase astrals... along with all the other stuff they have done with their time before you started, it can put you at a sever disadvantage.

these are just things off the top of my head, but you get the point?

i know some people will say that those guys will be higher level brackets in pvp fights,, but once you get past lvl 65, those brackets are pretty much non existent anyways.

holy seal can be a game changer early game (pre 65's) but beyond that, its almost impossible to catch up.

im working my HS as hard as i can right now, so hopefully one day i wont be getting stunned for 3 turns everytime i enter bg or ga. right now im sitting at lvl 66, 63k br (70k with bless wheel) which isnt great, maybe over average, but im getting dominated because everytime i enter a fight, i have to sit and watch the guy take out my troops and half of my hp before i can even think about how i can counter him, 3 turns later. and even if i can hold off for a little while.. guy usually throws out another HS and once again, all i can do is watch as i get wrecked,, qq

Comment

what they should do is increase the % of failure when people have dryads how am i supposed to kill at lvl 64 with 40%+ dryads and stuns me for 3 turns -.-

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        what they should do is increase the % of failure when people have dryads how am i supposed to kill at lvl 64 with 40%+ dryads and stuns me for 3 turns -.-
        Make it 100% dryad
        IGN : MsKorupsi
        server : 3
        level : 69
        BR : 200k++
        knights fable

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
          i dislike stun, it comes in handy in bg vs dryad bombers, but other than that, its just a case of someone who has played longer than you has a higher chance to stun you.
          couple that in with the fact that the people who have played longer than you have had longer to farm up soul crystals. mounts from events, wb's to increase astrals... along with all the other stuff they have done with their time before you started, it can put you at a sever disadvantage.
          That is the main problem, People who plays longer always has the advantage. You just blaming it on HS, but even IF HS is removed, older servers will always have an advantage.

Why didn't we put another bracket in BG, where not only divided by lvl range, but also the age of the server. People from S342 won't have a chance to win against people from S2.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
            That is the main problem, People who plays longer always has the advantage. You just blaming it on HS, but even IF HS is removed, older servers will always have an advantage.

Why didn't we put another bracket in BG, where not only divided by lvl range, but also the age of the server. People from S342 won't have a chance to win against people from S2.
            i didnt just blame it on HS.. if you read the next sentence, youll see i said couple in the fact that they have had longer to work on their char etc etc.. lol
            if this thread was about people from older servers having an advantage it would be different... but its a thread about HS.. and the point isnt about the people from older servers being better because of a time advantage, its about the people from newer servers never being able to catch up with their HS, untill they max out.

why change bg just because HS sucks.. why not just change HS?
            the whole point of brackets in bg and ga is so newer players with lower levels arent faced off against older guys with higher levels.. and it works well up untill lvl 65 or so.. when the HS cap becomes non-existant, and the amount of xp you can flood into talents and HS means you stay in those brackets for a v. long time. and once you hit 70 thats pretty much the end of it.

rather than removing HS, or changing BG, why not just cap the HS level to 50 max? then have more cut off points at certain levels? rather than huge jumps between one or two levels?

that would make it easier right? then the guys would be able to put more into their other talents.. things they normally wouldnt because of the fear of being out-stunned.

then the only issue would be - guys from earlier servers have a time advantage, and have more br. and then the HS aspect wouldnt come into account. lol
            if you want to talk about guys from earlier servers having an advantage over everthing.. we should make a new thread. but for now. lets keep this thread about just the HS.

Comment

People who have played longer have other advantages
              1) More Skills
              2) More Rune and respective levels
              3) Higher Gem level
              4) so on so forth
              HS is a I WIN button. I will shut you out and beat you with my higher level skills.
              It is not same as I will beat you with my higher level skills.

HS should be chance based like 10% to proc only when your HS level is higher then your opponents.
              This will lead people to choose other talents and gameplay should become more versatile.

Also having to train HS to certain levels) in order to be able to select certain skill level is not right.
              HS should be an independent talent tree whoever chooses to take.

Comment

I like HS, and I can see both sides to this

My S1 knight has HS lvl 61 at lvl 68

My mage has piteous HS which I not gonna say here out of shame

In my opinion it's a skill like any other, saying get rid of HS is like saying gt rid of Resto on mages, cos u can't beat them.

A point in case would be zebq, cos on his video it showed he had really low HS, but I'm pretty much betting no-one is beating him. So low servers can and do catch up to old ones.

I will admit it is frustrating to be sat stunned for 3 turns, but I have won many fights on my mage after being stunned for 3 turns, equally I have lost many fights on my knight after stunning someone for 3 turns. Stun is never an I win button, jus another tool, people are just looking to find an excuse for their battle losses.

In reality stun rarely is the deciding factor in a match.
                Blizzarea
                S147
                Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                  Doesn't matter if you slow lvl or not lol. Once you hit 65 you will see it's impossible to catch up to older servers in talents. Just not possible since the cap is virtually gone then. Now if they shorten the cap and made it more realistic then maybe slow lvling and capping it off would be the right way to go about it. However, since the cap is so wide at that lvl it's pointless to slow lvl. Not to mention if you wnat boosts now with the blessing wheel you sorta need too lvl up fast. Lastly, not everyone has 20k BR at 65. Quit being ignorant here. I am lvl 74 with a 69k BR (blessing wheel and about 62k with out.) WHich isn't amazing at my lvl but still decent. You are over exaggerating here. There just not enough time to play around with other talents as well as capping your HS. They might as well just call it Holy Seal system instead of talent system since hardly anyone uses the other talents.
                  I never said every one who is 65 has 20k br i said is some one wants to blast through lvls and end up with 20k br that is their problem. Im lvl 50 and pushing 30k br
                  Right now working on lvl 5 gem set and enchanting my gear up for both current lvl and my next set.

As for br in general unless the gap is huge it does not mean all that much in pvp any ways. I can often times take down players with 5 to 10k more br than me because of just really dumb builds. On my server i am number 12 or 13 in my class according to player strength yet i can quite readily take out the number 8 or 9 knight depending on who is holding that spot at the time. Now that is with their troops in place with no troops in place (mine or theirs) Ill pretty much take them down all the time. Fact is no troops = who is better at making use of what they have.

As for it being impossible to catch up to older servers that is not even remotely true. If you want to do it fast and do not mind dropping the cash to do it a couple refill at max cash lvl of 299 would do it very quickly. 60k balens would likely get you every lvl 9 gem you need get you near max cloth and allot of your legendary gear for a few sets.

As for the whole people only using hs and nothing else im glad they don't because i do and that makes it easier for me to whomp on them. I honestly do not fear the 3 round stun from players any ways. While im stunned ill still likely block 2 full sets of their weak hits any ways which means ill just get a nice net gain of hp from enhanced block. So stun lets loose i have plenty of hp back i then hit once or twice at most to max out rage fire off enhanced delphic and watch them die.

See fact is those not raising other talents are making a huge mistake. Those who are being conservative with hs and ramping up other talents along with it will always end up at a distinct advantage period so long as they know how to use their chars abilities properly.

Comment

As for it being impossible to catch up to older servers that is not even remotely true. If you want to do it fast and do not mind dropping the cash to do it a couple refill at max cash lvl of 299 would do it very quickly. 60k balens would likely get you every lvl 9 gem you need get you near max cloth and allot of your legendary gear for a few sets.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1673886

Yeah, *** did I just read.

Comment

it freakin rocks when someone stuns you for 3 and you still win. yes its harder to do, but dang it just feels good when u do it

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                        Max cash level of 299? *** is that? 60k balens would give you all level 9 gems, no no no. 60k balens, 600$. max clothing, legendary and max wings cost over $1000's of dollars.

Comment

This is my rant on Holy Seal, and why I believe it will be nerfed in 2.0 as it was in the Chinese game:

1. Holy Seal is a time-gained skill. There's no way to "catch up" to someone with 4+ more months of continuous play before you. Players on servers 150+ that play every day and are L74+ cannot ever hope to match the HS of a player from Servers 2-50. No way. It's why these players (older ones) tend to cominate in the 3v3 Arena and BG, but in Class Wars seem to fade (with the exception of a few). They rely far too heavily on HS and it is an iWin button for many.

2. Holy Seal is a new-player deterrant. Once a competitive new player realizes that he's hopelessly outgunned on a HS and is subject to losing 3 of 9 rounds of action (33%) before it gets thrown again, he becomes LESS likely to spend, and 7Road realized this with the Chinese game...

The Nerf that happend in the Chinese game:
                          1. Holy Seal is reduced to 1-2 rounds, 2 Rounds occuring if HS is 10+ Levels higher.
                          2. Holy Seal has a 120s CD, not 60s - so it's generally only going to be able to be used once, at most twice a combat.

There's a huge difference in losing 33% of your actions as opposed to about 10% - and that's what this difference would effectively do. And it will invigorate newer players to continue competing.

The second biggest reason for player attrition in games like this is an inbalance which causes an inability to compete with players of the same level. 7Road fixed it in China. It will likely be here in patch 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by xTheGhostx View Post
                            I want to talk about Holly Seal which is the most useless in this game & makes all classes worthless. Actually makes this game worthless.

Using HS means no skills & the whole dubble skill we pay for is nothing.

So, the questuin is, what makes this game woirth when u cant even use skills or even this game will be HS useless game.

Thank u
                            thats wrong, only heavy and medium balen spenders could argument like that, buy your battlerating up and end up against "older" players in bg.

its your own fault to be stunned in bg and in arena, stay balanced with Exp/balens/battlerating and you will meet opponents with same holy seal lvl in bg
                            Lissandra
                            Server 53 - 907k BR - Lord Divine since 02.03.2013 // Vip-9 since 01.10.2013 // Myt. Dragon Rider since 06.09.2014
                            roooar 136k matk unbuffed xD

Mage Forever !

Comment

Originally posted by Moncheria View Post
                              thats wrong, only heavy and medium balen spenders could argument like that, buy your battlerating up and end up against "older" players in bg
                              its your own fault to be stunned in bg and in arena, stay balanced with Exp/balens/battlerating and you will meet opponents with same holy seal lvl in bg
                              That's not a fair statement Moncheria. You're saying that a single game-mechanic (Holy Seal) is so all-important that one should intentionally NOT level to ensure they get it up to a competitive standard?! That argument, in and of itself, shows that Holy Seal is broken and completely OP in it's current form. Think about it. It's better to NOT level and increase one's Troops, Attack, Defense, Skills and Equipment rather than just focus on Holy Seal. Do you see how counter-intuitive that is?

To say nothing of the other talents as well. I know most Archers think their talents are relatively non-useful, but at least 5 of the 8 Mage Talents and at least 3 of the 8 Knight Talents are incredibly useful and require attention. My Talent Level is currently 42, but my HS is only 25 because I need other talents to get through L70 NM MPs and perform well in CW. I _could_ have sat at 64 and started to Max Seal, but in getting those 10 levels going right to 74 I've flushed out my skillsets to allow for a set that includes Max Thunderer w/ BL as well as push my BR up over 80K Base before Academy Blessing. I've got 1 piece of Base L70 EQ down, and I'm on my way to my 1st L70 Legendary Item. If I were to have camped, just for Seal, I'd be gimping my character as well as making myself non-competiive in Class Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Moncheria View Post
                                thats wrong, only heavy and medium balen spenders could argument like that, buy your battlerating up and end up against "older" players in bg.

That is far from true, 60-69 BG is an absolute joke. You can be the strongest most well optimized level 63 in all of wartune and still get destroyed by HS in that bracket because there IS NO WAY POSSIBLE to have high enough HS to avoid being stunned.

holy seal is a joke, one of many this game has made, it does nothing but take skill out of the game. The only reason to level holy seal for 99% of players isn't to gain an advantage its to lessen a disadvantage which is an awful base for a skill. There should be nothing in the game that people HAVE to take just so they will suck less. If you spend that gold and exp on a talent it should give you something other then make you LESS laughable. Whats the point of BR, whats the point of stats, mounts, skills, runes, troops etc... when you auto lose to a higher HS even if you have no chance to protect against it? Either cap it properly not this half-assed attempt they put in, by making EVERY BG bracket equal ground for HS or preferably remove this joke from the game all together. If you want to add slower leveling replace HS with a +stats talent or something, let people buff up with exp (+2 to stats per level or something, cap it however you want) without breaking the game

Comment

Working...
                                X