Astrals: should I ditch the 10% chance astrals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrals: should I ditch the 10% chance astrals

I am lv 60 and have two astrals that have a 10% chance of being used. A lv 5 Refined Blessed Health (10% chance to heal 2000 hp each time I attack) and a lv 5 Enhanced Deflection (10% chance to reflect 50% of damage received up to 50000 at the most)
    my question is are they worth it or should i look for some other astral?

If you're a mage, you don't need refined blessed health. Other classes may need it though.

Deflection is always good.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      If you're a mage, you don't need refined blessed health. Other classes may need it though.

Deflection is always good.
      it depend on who's you are up against.. mage vs mage id prefer a deflection (on an even stat rating).. also, even against a stronger mage..can turn the tides on your favor xD

Comment

Is the limit of 50000 max deflected damage per turn or whole duration of fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
          Is the limit of 50000 max deflected damage per turn or whole duration of fight?
          per turn, deflection has won me many fights, seems to love triggering on delphic sniper
          Blizzarea
          S147
          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

for the what class question i am an archer

Comment

I don't like any of the 10% Astrals. As a Mage I take (In order of Preference):

Mysticality (MAtk)
              Will Destroyer (%Dam Increase)
              Goddess Blessing (%Dam Reduction)
              Willpower (MDef)
              Fortitude (PDef)
              Brilliance (HP)
              Enshieldment (Block)
              Illusion (% Chance to Negate Damage)

Let me tell you how awesome Illusion is. I've got it to 14% now, and while it only seems to go off 1 in 10 times (closer to 10%), it completely negates the damage and you only take 1. That's it. In Guild Battle I switch it in for my HP Astral and when I get lucky and it procs on the big hit from the Ward Tower I only take 1 Damage. Just this past friday I had a round in which I did 1,070,000 Damage against the Ward before the 2nd time it procced killed me. In the last Class Wars I had it proc in the 100% Damage Buff Range vs. a Thunderer that should have done 15k+ damage and I only took 1 and wound up winning against a far superior opponent.

The reason why I have it listed 8 is because I only use it on occasions where I take massive hits. But for occasions like Guild Battles, Class Wars and Battlegrounds, it completely worth it and something should be switched out for it.

For an Archer, since your class is so damage intensive, I'd go:

Force (PAtk)
              Snipers Edge (Crit)
              Determination (%Dam Increase w/ Crit)
              Fortitude (PDef)
              Willpower (MDef)
              Enshieldment (Block)
              Brilliance (HP) | Illusion (% Chance to Negate Damage)

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                I don't like any of the 10% Astrals. As a Mage I take (In order of Preference):

Mysticality (MAtk)
                Will Destroyer (%Dam Increase)
                Willpower (MDef)
                Fortitude (PDef)
                Brilliance (HP)
                Enshieldment (Block)
                Illusion (% Chance to Negate Damage)

Let me tell you how awesome Illusion is. I've got it to 14% now, and while it only seems to go off 1 in 10 times (closer to 10%), it completely negates the damage and you only take 1. That's it. In Guild Battle I switch it in for my HP Astral and when I get lucky and it procs on the big hit from the Ward Tower I only take 1 Damage. Just this past friday I had a round in which I did 1,070,000 Damage against the Ward before the 2nd time it procced killed me. In the last Class Wars I had it proc in the 100% Damage Buff Range vs. a Thunderer that should have done 15k+ damage and I only took 1 and wound up winning against a far superior opponent.

The reason why I have it listed 8 is because I only use it on occasions where I take massive hits. But for occasions like Guild Battles, Class Wars and Battlegrounds, it completely worth it and something should be switched out for it.

For an Archer, since your class is so damage intensive, I'd go:

Force (PAtk)
                Snipers Edge (Crit)
                Determination (%Dam Increase w/ Crit)
                Fortitude (PDef)
                Willpower (MDef)
                Enshieldment (Block)
                Brilliance (HP) | Illusion (% Chance to Negate Damage)
                archers astrals should come like this
                patk
                pdef
                mdef
                crit
                determination
                godes blessing/block
                illusion/reflection you could also use hp if you lack of it
                dunno lol

Comment

I would think an Archer would always want Goddess Blessing before PDef / MDef - since it works on ALL Damage (even untyped damage like that from PvE Suits or Damnation).

You take 1 less damage for each 2 Pts of XDef. So a Holy PDef Astral at L5 is +1440 PDef, which effectively reduces damage by 720 Pts per hit, from a Physical Attack.

A L5 Goddess Blessing is a 15% DR, so (doing some math) if you're taking more than 4000 Damage from Hits w/ a L5 PDef Astral on, it's _always_ better to have Goddess Blessing.

You can build a spreadsheet fairly easily that will tell you how much damage you need to be taking at each level GB vs XDef to make the GB more worthwhile. And for Archers, who've got mediocre to poor defense in both PDef and MDef, I think taking Goddess Blessing 1st is a no-brainer. It's like getting 2 Astrals for 1, meaning you can have Crit & Determination be your #3 and #4 Astrals instead of your #4 and #5 Astrals.

Comment

Goddess blessing is great a lower stages but in higher it is questionable. You can have so many other damage or defensive orientated astrals like deflection or ilusion.
                    Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

i've seen deflection at work in Zebq's videos. he got hit by reflect when using sniper, brushing 50k HP of him. but I dunno if i would use it as a permanent astral before 80
                      IGN: AncientEvil
                      Server: EU-271+merged
                      Class: Archer
                      Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Deflection only really works with similar strength opponents.

If you deflect little damage. You'll win anyway.

If you deflect huge damage. You'll lose anyway.
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                          Deflection only really works with similar strength opponents.

If you deflect little damage. You'll win anyway.

If you deflect huge damage. You'll lose anyway.
                          In Zebq's case: If you deflect maximum damage possible, you'd win anyway.
                          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I have had my sniper deflected and it wasn't a nice experience at all
                            I'm levelling my illusion astral....soon
                            Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                            I do not exist.
                            For real.

Comment

Originally posted by Telstar View Post
                              I have had my sniper deflected and it wasn't a nice experience at all
                              I'm levelling my illusion astral....soon
                              hmm archers.... I want guardian angel myself, with all the crit builds out there. but illusion is still good, when it works. I still like deflection, it hurts but what else to get? Nothing else is worth it really.
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                              X