Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ToK enemies buffed by Academy Blessing?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
    Stats are randomized each day - sometimes a shadow will have significantly high offense with little defense/HP. Hell, most of the time mage shadows have higher PDEF than the shadow knight who's tanking (and vice-versa - knight having more mdef than the mages). /snipes\ said it best - difficulty hasn't changed, really, it's mostly a matter of enemy composition - forget the names of the shadows, only their class is what matters. Stats for shadows are NOT based upon actual player's stats. Also, keep in mind that shadows have somewhat low offenses (usually), BUT very high brutal edge levels (so if they proc a brutal edge, you can still take significant damage), clothing levels, talent levels, astral levels, and they most commonly have VERY HIGH survivability compared to offenses. I believe on hard level 5 and all NM modes they have EVERY skill for their class available and all talents for their class being 8-10 (wave 2+ of NM definitely has lv. 10 talents).

Basically, if the shadows have 2+ mages, you're going to have a difficult time due to the heavy emphasis on survivability the shadows typically have, but this isn't always the case - one of the mages could have very low defenses, making it easy to focus-fire down quickly - so...

ToK difficulty is determined by 3 things:

1.) Class-composition (both yours and the shadows' - for example: no archer in your group against a team with 2 or 3 mages will result in them having suntoria virtually indefinitely).
    2.) Random stat assignment (independent for each shadow).
    3.) Coordination - likely one of the most significant things - if your group can't coordinate some focus-fire (i.e. 2 archers use AP, knight uses ultimate slasher = HEAVY coordinated damage on a rear opponent), you're likely in trouble. Facing shadow groups with multiple mages will usually make AoE teams frustrated beyond belief; taking a different approach such as focusing down a single enemy at a time will likely have the best results.
    And yes, for the most part, AoE - heavy teams CAN overpower the shadows with certain BR requirements, but again, since the shadows' stats are random each day, you can't guarantee success with the same strategy each time. And of course, you could just get very unlucky with the shadows' skill selections - have seen them do 2x AP shot followed by an ultimate slasher and instantly down someone in our group before.
    the shadows aren`t random i looked up on top 5-8 for some study.
    when rico has goddess blessing on the tok is a little bit harder .. when it has crit on he has crit in tok also ... so is kinda based on the owner yes at stage one is like 60% of his real power. chloemi from eastern servers got warrior call on and the reset caught her like this ... anddddddd trust me it was hard like hell on stage 3-4. (out team = 100k plus with wc on)

Comment

Originally posted by symedia View Post
      the shadows aren`t random i looked up on top 5-8 for some study.
      when rico has goddess blessing on the tok is a little bit harder .. when it has crit on he has crit in tok also ... so is kinda based on the owner yes at stage one is like 60% of his real power. chloemi from eastern servers got warrior call on and the reset caught her like this ... anddddddd trust me it was hard like hell on stage 3-4. (out team = 100k plus with wc on)
      The stats on each individual shadow are random - they don't fluctuate based upon the character's stats - they don't even remotely reflect the player's stats - case and point: faced my own shadow in NM - wave 1 it was getting 5800's suntoria ticks; wave 2 it was getting 6100's suntoria ticks. Its damage was awful. Its MDEF was awful. Its PDEF was insanely high. Clearly wasn't a flat-valued boost or penalty to any of my character's stats, for if its stats were proportionate to a %-based value, the attacks would've been significantly larger by proportionality to the HP it had.

As for astrals: Never seen my own shadow deflect in NM when I left deflection on the day before - only deflection damage I've ever seen comes from the knights (talent, and reverse damage skill) and many opponents have deflection astrals on in cross-server rankings, yet their shadows mysteriously do not. Also, when we face malleus's shadow, it crits, and pretty sure malleus doesn't take his EWD astral off... ever.

Even in NM mode, the shadows usually deal significantly less damage than their player counter-part, their HP and defenses are usually SIGNIFICANTLY higher, however. I'm on east-coast server, never seen chloemi in ToK as a shadow.

Trust me, it's not player stats that affect it, it's ridiculous talent levels the shadows have + high brutal edge level, + high initial rage; they appear to have huge attack values sometimes, but you'll notice they animate the brutal edge animation before most of them actually approach the normal damage the player would do to you - when brutal edge doesn't animate, their attacks are most commonly sub-par for their stats.
      Last edited by SinnedWill; 09-10-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

well i guess skills, talents and astrals are not based on the real players but i noticed that their hp is (unless it was coincidence). we have 3 knights and their block- or sunt-heals reflect their real hp

Comment

at sinner ... next day remove your goddess astrals

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
            The stats on each individual shadow are random - they don't fluctuate based upon the character's stats - they don't even remotely reflect the player's stats - case and point: faced my own shadow in NM - wave 1 it was getting 5800's suntoria ticks; wave 2 it was getting 6100's suntoria ticks. Its damage was awful. Its MDEF was awful. Its PDEF was insanely high. Clearly wasn't a flat-valued boost or penalty to any of my character's stats, for if its stats were proportionate to a %-based value, the attacks would've been significantly larger by proportionality to the HP it had.
            I'm not sure I agree with this. A few shadows seem to reflect the original stats with diff adjustment. I.e. two archers i know one has lots of pdef and other high patk and it seems the shadows do too.

Even in NM mode, the shadows usually deal significantly less damage than their player counter-part, their HP and defenses are usually SIGNIFICANTLY higher, however. I'm on east-coast server, never seen chloemi in ToK as a shadow.
            This seems true, although my team cannot beat any stage of nm yet :/
            Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
            I do not exist.
            For real.

Comment

easy enough to check.... Sinner take off ur astrals and have a nm team try out ToK ... dont do blessing etc .... see if anything makes a difference.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

they aren't random. I checked block ticks on 2 knights on lvl3 TOK hard;

Knight 1: 3037 -> 3037/0,04=75.925 hp on TOK lvl3
                Knight 2: 2934 -> 2934/0,04=73.350 hp on TOK lvl3

TOK knight1 has 75.925/73.350=1.035% more hp then TOK knight2

------

Knight 1 cross-server ranking hp: 102.630
                Knight 2 cross-server ranking hp: 99.135

Knight1 real ranking has 102.630/99.135=1.035% more hp then real ranking knight2.

-----

If hp is based on the real toon I dont see why the other stats are not.

So to answer the topic's question; if the real toons had used academy blessing on the previous day then the shadow version of them in TOK will be based on those extra stats as well.
                Last edited by capkop; 09-11-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                  they aren't random. I checked block ticks on 2 knights on lvl3 TOK hard;

Knight 1: 3037 -> 3037/0,04=75.925 hp on TOK lvl3
                  Knight 2: 2934 -> 2934/0,04=73.350 hp on TOK lvl3

TOK knight1 has 75.925/73.350=1.035% more hp then TOK knight2

------

Knight 1 cross-server ranking hp: 102.630
                  Knight 2 cross-server ranking hp: 99.135

Knight1 real ranking has 102.630/99.135=1.035% more hp then real ranking knight2.

-----

If hp is based on the real toon I dont see why the other stats are not.

So to answer the topic's question; if the real toons had used academy blessing on the previous day then the shadow version of them in TOK will be based on those extra stats as well.
                  you want at easy mode stage 1 for the shadows tohave 90k+ br? lol?

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                    you want at easy mode stage 1 for the shadows tohave 90k+ br? lol?
                    I started my post saying I checked it on TOK hard lvl3 . Dunno what you mean with your 90k+ BR..

Comment

Why i can't buy balens with GENERAL PURPOSE card,from CREDINS bank ? or only Credit Card use ?

Comment

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                        I started my post saying I checked it on TOK hard lvl3 . Dunno what you mean with your 90k+ BR..
                        stop editing your posts and then you will know what i meant by 90k+ br

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                          easy enough to check.... Sinner take off ur astrals and have a nm team try out ToK ... dont do blessing etc .... see if anything makes a difference.
                          Would you be willing to do that, Sinner? Not that I doubt what you said, it makes sense and you have good reason to think it. But doing this could confirm it.

Comment

why dont the top 20 BR on the servers just remove their gear at 03:00 sever time then put it back on after titles are issued? the archers seem to have no problem fixing the results in CW so why not fix ToK NM and make it easy for them im sure kesser and dwarf can kill who ever replace them easily enough

Comment

Originally posted by R29998503 View Post
                              Would you be willing to do that, Sinner? Not that I doubt what you said, it makes sense and you have good reason to think it. But doing this could confirm it.
                              Sure. I'll try to remember to do it tonight - but keep in mind stripping astrals will drop me in rankings, so I wouldn't be top 4 for NM mode (unless others do as well). Promise you shadows don't use our astrals.

Comment

Originally posted by R25410665 View Post
                                why dont the top 20 BR on the servers just remove their gear at 03:00 sever time then put it back on after titles are issued? the archers seem to have no problem fixing the results in CW so why not fix ToK NM and make it easy for them im sure kesser and dwarf can kill who ever replace them easily enough
                                Coz you'll soon see that the shadows aren't based off the players' stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X