Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Purge rune gone wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purge rune gone wrong?

I was finally able to buy a purge rune from mystery shop and tried repeatedly to remove positive buffs in pvp arena.

The whole idea of buing it was to use it like scatter mostly in pvp. But in pvp it doesn't work.
    Did I waste my money?

At level 1 it strips ONE buff from a single random target. So.. if in GA you're facing ONE remaining archer whose only buff happens to be the archer damage buff, you'll take that off.
    At higher levels it gets more effective and begins to affect more foes. At 10, it'll clear 3 buffs from all enemies, but players can get far more than 3 buffs active; keep that in mind.

Comment

Are you sure? cause it won't take off a knight's shield in battleground, when shield is the only buff he has

Comment

Does he have troops?
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

No troops, only me and him, he has no buff, casts shield and I then use rune. No effect.

Comment

How many times did this happen?
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Sounds like your rune is bugged, did it only happen this once, or between different players as well? I have a purge rune, and it has worked every single time i have used it.
              Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by ArowenGR View Post
                No troops, only me and him, he has no buff, casts shield and I then use rune. No effect.
                I have purge level 1 and it happened to me too. Fighting a knight in arena, only agoran shield, no appollo's shield, no reverse damage or anything
                and the agoran shield wasn't debuffed (no troops only knight standing). I was wondering if there is any other buff a knight can have that I don't
                know lol. But it only happen like 3 times, usually it work fine.

Comment

im not sure about purge runes but.. scatershot debuffs castintor too.. correct me if im wrong tho

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                    im not sure about purge runes but.. scatershot debuffs castintor too.. correct me if im wrong tho
                    i fail to understand what has this got to do with knights
                    IGN: AncientEvil
                    Server: EU-271+merged
                    Class: Archer
                    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                      i fail to understand what has this got to do with knights
                      He meant the rage reduction buff people get from jewel set, it looks the same as Castinator.

@OP: It seems like you should file a ticket on this, since there would be no way for others to coincidentally have chance based effects on whenever you try to use Purge.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

It's POSSIBLE that it won't work on knight abilities: Argoram Shield and Reverse Damage; if this is true, purge rune is bugged in the same manner as chaos rune is bugged against those 2 skills. Scatter shot DOES work against them, but it stands to reason that if one rune is bugged against them, odds are high for another rune to also be bugged against them. Will test/confirm if this is the case later on.

Comment

I kept trying in arena and think what someone here said (I remember reading it among the answers) it coukd be debuffing the castinator.
                          When I level it enough to remove 2 buffs I will be more positive about this

Comment

multiple tests are required to prove somethings broken. chances are you simply didnt notice another buff he had on. he may have had deliverance or tyranny buff on.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                              It's POSSIBLE that it won't work on knight abilities: Argoram Shield and Reverse Damage; if this is true, purge rune is bugged in the same manner as chaos rune is bugged against those 2 skills. Scatter shot DOES work against them, but it stands to reason that if one rune is bugged against them, odds are high for another rune to also be bugged against them. Will test/confirm if this is the case later on.
                              i believe the chaosrune is working as intended. the debuff says something like "can't tell enemies from friends" and that's exactly what it does. the debuff causes any skill that targets a friend or enemy (or the whole group of friends/enemies) to hit either of them. this doesnt apply to skills and runes that are used on yourself only, like agoran shield, reverse damage or brutality/heal/rage runes
                              Last edited by Setsuna88; 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X