X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CreamySaucepan
    replied
    Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
    There will always be something to create a gap. I was opposed to the level bracketing because character strength isn't directly proportional to character level - sure, higher level players CAN wear higher level gear, but that doesn't always mean they have the materials to use it and yes, they might have more points in skills, but they can easily neglect guild skills that a lower player might have.

BR would've been BETTER, but still far from perfect, since even BR doesn't always indicate how strong an opponent might be. Now, brutal edge can easily give players with lower attack values a significant chance to decimate players with high BR - specifically, BR obtained through defense values - of course, higher level brutal edges usually result in significant BR boosts and/or cashing, but hey, never know, someone might choose to spend their balens focusing on BE instead of mount. Then, there's always the holy seal AND talent level gaps - which will only even out end-game when all players are capped. And, of course, then there's always rune level (and rare runes) gaps.
    If the level 50 from my example does not wear 40/45/50 gear, does not have templars to a decent level, does not have two extra astrals in (forgot to mention those) or have to crappy ones, has not put some thought into where to put his skill points... then by all means he deserves to get roflstomped by said level 39. But on average... a level 50 will have all that. And stomp over the 39 instead.

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    There will always be something to create a gap. I was opposed to the level bracketing because character strength isn't directly proportional to character level - sure, higher level players CAN wear higher level gear, but that doesn't always mean they have the materials to use it and yes, they might have more points in skills, but they can easily neglect guild skills that a lower player might have.

BR would've been BETTER, but still far from perfect, since even BR doesn't always indicate how strong an opponent might be. Now, brutal edge can easily give players with lower attack values a significant chance to decimate players with high BR - specifically, BR obtained through defense values - of course, higher level brutal edges usually result in significant BR boosts and/or cashing, but hey, never know, someone might choose to spend their balens focusing on BE instead of mount. Then, there's always the holy seal AND talent level gaps - which will only even out end-game when all players are capped. And, of course, then there's always rune level (and rare runes) gaps.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    ginger the avenger
    Just Ginger...

I'll be The Avenger if he manages to kill Creamy...

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
    Yes, and still getting his behind handed to him multiple times over by Ginger... So much for that BR...
    ginger the avenger

Leave a comment:

• CreamySaucepan
    replied
    Originally posted by R214798859 View Post
    I'm prob not the only one getting frustrated over this but thought i'd vent and see what other people's opinions are.

The HUGE differences of strengths in battle ground. I'm lvl 59, have 42k ish br, which I guess is average to normal. So you start battle ground and end up with people same level who have 55k br, like what the hell? They are either hopped up on balens, or abuse (yes I call it abuse) the system by never levelling for 10 months or whatever. This makes battle ground so uneven it's NO fun for 75% of players.

SIMPLE FIX: Base battle ground team matching on BATTLE RATING, not LEVEL and you will see an entirely different event, where all people are evenly matched and actually all have fun.

Rant over, discuss...
    So a level 39 with 22K can meet a level 50 with 22-24K.
    Level 39: 35 gear, 30-something rings and jewels, Gryphons lvl 39, no mount, no talents, 19 skill points in total.
    Level 50: 40 (legend) / 45 / 50 (legend) gear, 50 rings/jewels (legend), Templars level 50, mount(s), Talents, 25 skill points in total.

Explain to me with a straight face how that is fair.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    Sad thing we dont meet in bg xD want try real mage xD cos now i only meet hs pro fighters
    The HS warrior... Such a common breed these days...

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Heheh... ^_^ That was a fun BG...
    Sad thing we dont meet in bg xD want try real mage xD cos now i only meet hs pro fighters

Leave a comment:

• Carassimira
    replied
    gah.. #_# voted on yes i do out of absent-mindedness.. well anyway, if you base battleground by battle rating, what you will have is players the same BR as you, but not the same skill points you have.. whatever the rank, whatever the level as long as same BR, correct? that would suck more than what bg we have now.. fair or not fair, is not the issue in a pay-to-win game, my friend.. question is, are you up for the challenge?

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    you mean 70k like Predator?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
    Yes, and still getting his behind handed to him multiple times over by Ginger... So much for that BR...
    Heheh... ^_^ That was a fun BG...

Leave a comment:

• CreamySaucepan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    You've not seen the 60k Br monsters in your bracket then...

Bg as is, is the fairest it has ever been.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    I wish we could go back to non-cross server bg, how it was for your servers lowbies to be paired with the top player facerolling every1 in their bg, THAT IS UNFAIR. Bg the way it is now is the most fair out of all the attempts to even it out so far.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
    I would like to see a video of zebq vs resource officer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqPnfwdpFQ

Leave a comment:

• chrisdab
    replied
    I would like to see a video of zebq vs resource officer.

Leave a comment:

• garpitus
    replied
    Originally posted by R214798859 View Post
    I'm prob not the only one getting frustrated over this but thought i'd vent and see what other people's opinions are.

The HUGE differences of strengths in battle ground. I'm lvl 59, have 42k ish br, which I guess is average to normal. So you start battle ground and end up with people same level who have 55k br, like what the hell? They are either hopped up on balens, or abuse (yes I call it abuse) the system by never levelling for 10 months or whatever. This makes battle ground so uneven it's NO fun for 75% of players.

SIMPLE FIX: Base battle ground team matching on BATTLE RATING, not LEVEL and you will see an entirely different event, where all people are evenly matched and actually all have fun.

Rant over, discuss...
    bold : LMAO. i wonder why no one get banned by slow levelling

spent more time. theres a lot of peeps who whoop the a55 of casher, well unless the casher is slow levelling too
    theres no such thing as fair in mmorpg . you need to get on their level of slow levelling or heavy casher-ing

same BR but with different lev? tell me how to beat lvl 50+ with you being lvl 40-49 ? have fun being stunned

Leave a comment:

Working...
X