Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I playing my archer alright, compared on average?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I playing my archer alright, compared on average?

Hey guys! I'm an archer from S292. I started out a day after the server was released. Right now, I'm level 40 with 18k BR. Non-casher. I keep getting beaten up in BG if 40-50, but I somehow dominate BG if 35-45. I've been slow leveling since I reached level 36 (I SUPER rushed levels 1-32 until the 3rd day of server release, and 32-35 in 4-5days).

Right now I'm deciding whether to fast-forward to level 45 for the PvP set, or to keep slow-levelling. My techs: 4 of them level 40 already (gold, patk, pdef, mdef) and the others are between 20-35. I have 3 lvl 5 patk gems, 2 lvl 4 mdef, 3 lvl 4 pdef, 1 lvl 4 patk, and the rest are low level gems.

Why I'm thinking over it? Cause I feel being left out by the other players in level and BR. Also, in Duel arena, I seldom see people of my own bracket (40-44) and all of them are above 45. (and so the feeling of being left out)
    So, is my archer's progress going alright, or still lacks BR for my level?
    S292 Archer level 46
    35k BR (with blessing wheel)
    August 23, 2013 - November 3, 2013 (R.I.P)

S479 Knight Level 80
    283k BR (blessed), 40k from sylph (02-28-15)
    May 23, 2014 - March 16, 2015 (will return later on)

Proud non-casher non-VIP

youre doing good actually. spend some gold in guild skill + astral and youre good to go....XD

Comment

If you get into 40-49 BG, then you can leave and rejoin after 5 min wait and hope to get into 35-44 BG. You won't lose attempt. For duel arena, make team with people between 40-44 and u will rarely see 45+ against you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDude9 View Post
        Hey guys! I'm an archer from S292. I started out a day after the server was released. Right now, I'm level 40 with 18k BR. Non-casher. I keep getting beaten up in BG if 40-50, but I somehow dominate BG if 35-45. I've been slow leveling since I reached level 36 (I SUPER rushed levels 1-32 until the 3rd day of server release, and 32-35 in 4-5days).

Right now I'm deciding whether to fast-forward to level 45 for the PvP set, or to keep slow-levelling. My techs: 4 of them level 40 already (gold, patk, pdef, mdef) and the others are between 20-35. I have 3 lvl 5 patk gems, 2 lvl 4 mdef, 3 lvl 4 pdef, 1 lvl 4 patk, and the rest are low level gems.

Why I'm thinking over it? Cause I feel being left out by the other players in level and BR. Also, in Duel arena, I seldom see people of my own bracket (40-44) and all of them are above 45. (and so the feeling of being left out)
        That is part of being a slow leveler - having a feeling of being left out... Reject those feeling, instead, power-up yourself more... When you reach level 45, you will "suddenly" catch up to them...

Uh, what i mean is take your time... let your player level naturally using only the necessary exp (like duel, mpd (until 2nd boss only), and/or cata, event quests and some daily quests for devotion)

Comment

you are doing quite good would be a better choice to skip 45 set and get 40 set legend with pve set you can spam AP and quite some delphics will be lauched

Comment

thanks for comments.. super appreciate it.
            i think i'll continue slow levelling. i saw a non-casher archer on my server lvl 42 with 25k+ BR, and got inspired by that
            btw, when i reach lvl 50, i have to gain max xp for talents right?
            S292 Archer level 46

S479 Knight Level 80

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
              you are doing quite good would be a better choice to skip 45 set and get 40 set legend with pve set you can spam AP and quite some delphics will be lauched
              Yes, I agree.. I should've gotten the legend pve set, but my lvl 45 pvp set is already fully enhanced to +15 a week ago.. just realized it now
              It feels like a waste if i sold my +15 pvp set right now, but might as well do it if i decided to. Or is it better to instead go legend lvl 50 pve set after my 45 pvp set?
              S292 Archer level 46

S479 Knight Level 80

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                Yes, I agree.. I should've gotten the legend pve set, but my lvl 45 pvp set is already fully enhanced to +15 a week ago.. just realized it now
                It feels like a waste if i sold my +15 pvp set right now, but might as well do it if i decided to. Or is it better to instead go legend lvl 50 pve set after my 45 pvp set?

srry but i have to disagree with this.. getting pve 40 is useless and a waste of gold, keys, luck stones and time.

pve set is not needed to do GOD runs and u always need help from stronger to get u to GOD NM summoner but this is the same for VOID NM u need help..

keep slow leveling.. get ur guild skills up - get ur academy up - get ur troops/englightment up - get ur gems up - maybe guild horse.. keep dominating bg for better medal..

when u got most up to date then lvl to 45 and go for the pvp set.. get 50 crystalloids, get 50 parts, start trying to do GOD NM for legend stones etc.

if u dont use cash u need to be smart player.. all them cashers will be much faster with lvling.
                • S69 - Corftey ravine
                • H4D3S
                • lvl 76 archer
                • 103k br

Comment

Originally posted by h4d3s View Post
                  srry but i have to disagree with this.. getting pve 40 is useless and a waste of gold, keys, luck stones and time.

pve set is not needed to do GOD runs and u always need help from stronger to get u to GOD NM summoner but this is the same for VOID NM u need help..

keep slow leveling.. get ur guild skills up - get ur academy up - get ur troops/englightment up - get ur gems up - maybe guild horse.. keep dominating bg for better medal..

when u got most up to date then lvl to 45 and go for the pvp set.. get 50 crystalloids, get 50 parts, start trying to do GOD NM for legend stones etc.

if u dont use cash u need to be smart player.. all them cashers will be much faster with lvling.
                  i see ur point, but for me, pve 40 is better. but since i already have pvp set, then i guess i'll stick to it and afterward i'll go lvl 50 legendary...
                  S292 Archer level 46

S479 Knight Level 80

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

i see ur point, but for me, pve 40 is better. but since i already have pvp set, then i guess i'll stick to it and afterward i'll go lvl 50 legendary...
                    so in other word u say "pve 40 is useless for me and im going for 50's"

just like i said??
                    • S69 - Corftey ravine
                    • H4D3S
                    • lvl 76 archer
                    • 103k br

Comment

hmmm nope. i use 45 pvp cause i already maxed it before i had the idea of having 40pve. but if i ever had a "reset," i'd go for a 40pve legendary set. hope u understand what i mean. it's a waste to sell +15 pvp set at this point of my gameplay, so why not as well stick to it.

besides, i'm already preparing to get and max my lvl 50 jewels (might skip lvl 50 rings). so no more time to get that 40 legendary set.
                      S292 Archer level 46

S479 Knight Level 80

Proud non-casher non-VIP

Comment

As this is not a Beginner Guide section topic, I'm moving this thread to Game Discussions section. Please keep threads in their relevant section of the forums. Thank you.

Comment

yo, your lvl 40, so you have the lvl 35 pvp gear im guessing?. in 35-44 bg, noone has the 45 pvp set, maybe the odd person will have the 40 leg set, but chances are slim... in 40-49 bg however, a bunch of people will have the 45 pvp set, hence the reason for loosing alot more often. to put it bluntly, you are strong for your level, but the bracket that has you at the lowest level in bg (40-49),, well your at the lowest level, so its pretty self explanatory.

slow leveling can pay off big time, youll be the strongest at your level. however it will leave you lacking in other departments. as you said. other people your playing with are steaming through levels. they will be running higher mpd's and be in different brackets for arena and bg etc etc.

at somepoint guys will hit lvl 50 and get extra astral slot. then get 55 pvp gears, then maybe get 50 leg gears, then breach 60, another astral slot for them, then start working on 60 pve gear.... while your still doing your best to keep your level low and br high for your respective level. point im trying to make is you have to realise and understand, slow leveling does have these effects, youll feel like your a million miles away from those steaming ahead. but youll be king compared to others on your server with your level, they will be the guys who arent very active, log in once or twice a day for an hour or so.. maybe log in every few days... in cross server events youll be facing off against later servers who are also probably steaming ahead... so youll have the advantage over them... but the guys on your server youll probably be out of touch with. as bad as it sounds...

now dont get me wrong.. im not trying to bash slow leveling.. its great. truly it is... you just need to find the balance between holding back to increase your br. and advancing to improve your chances at increasing br.... lvl 50 extra astral, chance to get 55 pvp, chance to get 50 pve... staying below 50 means youll never get these... while others, even if they had less br than you at your level, will have the advantage over you at thier higher levels. because of these reasons...

so to answer the final queston... "is my progress alright. or still lacks br for level"... you cant have both... its one or the other... characters progress,, or high br for level...
                          what you need to do is find the balance between the 2.. hold back enough to get your br up at your level, but not so much that you fall behind and become completly out of touch with your guildmates and the people on your server....

Comment

Working...
                          X