Arena ranking rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena ranking rewards

I'm here for a little rant regarding this little detail. As you know, the rewards always come at the same time, for us its 18:15 server, give or take a few minutes. So at 18:05 or so everyone starts dueling like crazy, and considering how ranks are assigned, this creates a small problem, as illustrated below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rank.png
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1739828

I got moved down to 11th place at around 18:05, and from that point on I kept dueling the 1st place, but my ranking never changed. Sure, it is possible to duel the other person hoping to get the timing right, but they were in 11th place so I couldn't see them. I tried dueling second place once so I could see all ranks, but that didn't work either. I got lucky in the end, but that was a guildy and she wasn't very happy about it.
    Anyway the point is that its way too random and annoying, especially considering how long mage vs mage duels take.

One of the few possible solutions would be to give the rewards on a random time in a much larger interval, like a couple hours, so people would keep dueling throughout the day.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

I actually like this suggestion, mainly because I'm rarely around at reward time
    Blizzarea
    S147
    Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Hmm, they were changing the arena reward time from around 05.00(reset time) to around 17.00 server time a few months ago. I personally like it better when it was around 05.00 server time, but i agreed that random time could be nice too.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        Hmm, they were changing the arena reward time from around 05.00(reset time) to around 17.00 server time a few months ago. I personally like it better when it was around 05.00 server time, but i agreed that random time could be nice too.

yep, I agree with random time.... tired of being sniped down to 50 or so since I am sleeping at that time, however, at 5 server time Im sure I sniped down some people that were just as annoyed with me.... so random time would be nice, then NOBODY knows and it makes it fair
        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Ranking time isn't fun either but at least (1) not as many people are on, so not much fighting is going on, and (2) its just a title, nobody cares.
          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
            Ranking time isn't fun either but at least (1) not as many people are on, so not much fighting is going on, and (2) its just a title, nobody cares.

800k gold/daru for 1st place isn't just title
            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
            X