Healing in TOK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing in TOK

I'd just like some opinions on this, mostly only applies to lvl 5 TOK Normal. When I play my mage (lvl 64 ~54k BR) people are always telling me to heal. I start with 14 rage and have PvE, so to get Blessed Light it takes 2 lightnings and a rune to have enough to cast. Suntoria seems like a complete waste as it is often debuffed, and the enemy wipes us out in a few turns anyways. In my experience the longer the fight lasts, the lower our chances of winning. Mages are the best class in TOK (opinion) since they can spam AoE. If you dont start to kill enemy mages fast, the healfest begins. Obviously this applies to those who don't beat lvl 5 with ease (50-65k BR team?). So what do you all say, AoE all the way, or heal?

Thanks,

Kain
    Kabam-S1

Better to AOE kill fast instead of prolonging the fight. Heal? Maybe on NM. Normal? Hah.

Comment

sunto is useful to trick archers to scat instead of lunatic'ing and countering damnation effect (<- if you're the only mage).
      I've used it for hard where fights are longer, but not normal, for quick kills usually resto or heal rune is more useful.
      [morfinnor]
      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

ToK archers use scatter shot randomly, there is no tricking them into using it. Sunto is not needed.

Comment

killing fast works only if you can kill them fast... since you are around the 60k range I would go with healing and just outlast them assuming you run with people your strength but from my experience it takes around 70k br teams to beat it conisistantly... got to be able to survive till that first bl

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
            ToK archers use scatter shot randomly, there is no tricking them into using it. Sunto is not needed.
            Really? I have never seen an archer in ToK use a random scatter, only mages starting with purify ... but otherwise i've never seen ai random cast in ToK

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
              It's not needed only if you outpower them with every class in your party, that's a luxury for most teams.
              The OP team is in range to pass 4 but not 5, that doesn't mean they can't pass it without good skills.
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                Really? I have never seen an archer in ToK use a random scatter, only mages starting with purify ... but otherwise i've never seen ai random cast in ToK
                The archers may use what seems to be a "random" scatter shot, but I see it happen all the time even when suntoria is not in effect. I think that all the ai use random skills when rage and cooldowns allow them to, with the cooldowns affected by talents.

Going back to scatter, remember that suntoria is not the only positive buff. Activated talents and the archer passive damage buff also count as positive buffs, so if you have an archer on your team, or anyone with talents, those can be countered by scatter. Still, I think it is used randomly since putting a negative buff on the enemy for them to purify is relatively less common, and that happens all the time too.

Comment

archers scater when your team gets a buff (most of time)

Comment

Archers do scatter randomly. Seen many of them open with scatter (no buffs present on team, no buffs queued up to cast by my team) - so, yeah, it's random, but odds are someone might get a buff to proc from their opening attacks.

Mages do puri and suntoria randomly. Seen 3 mage shadows open with puri when there's nothing to puri; seen them all open with suntoria, resulting in 2 wasted suntorias.

Knights do Apollo randomly. Seen 2 knights use Apollo at same time.
                    Knights do reverse damage randomly but intelligently (only refresh it when it wears off).

Comment

Working...
                    X