Samsara vs Lych Lair NM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsara vs Lych Lair NM

What people are doing mostly these days? Also assuming not a guaranteed completion (first two bosses are good enough reward for my team to keep doing it).
    I hate the randomness of the second boss in Samsara, but in general LL seems harder.
    We are going to try LL nm today.
    Opinions?
    Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
    I do not exist.
    For real.

SS NM is more difficult to the mob aoe's...but i guess it's not a problem for u

LL is much easier, and like u mentioned, more consistent
    Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

LL NM is easier
      depends on ur team job class, u definately can tank with ur blessed wheel BR, with 1 more archer + 2 mages
      got knight? let him do the job

samsara is harder imo, the random 2nd boss, the lizard boss.. 2 other 2nd boss r quite easy

Comment

LL nm is much easier(for consistant clears atleast), and higher rewards if you can kill the 3 sub bosses

final boss in sam is hard to handle with just 1 mage, ll is fairly easy

As for clearing only 2...sam 1st is prob easier, but 2nd can be way harder, 1/3 is easier than the lich in ll, the other 2 are harder...lich in ll is easy once you get the rotation down

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
          The Lizard boss in SS we can barely do it normal mode, no wc (we have two archers and they are needed with good coordination).
          The other two random 2nds in SS are instead quite easy for us Nm, but the last one we cant finish it, with or without WC - the second archer or our mage die too soon when he gets 3x shield buff and starts using tornado every damn turn -about half the last health bar. Also, if my IS is down, poof they die. I think I would require lv4 perception, but that will take about 3 weeks, and still sturdier mage. So we want to move to do LL.

The second archer finally passed LL normal yesterday (very easy), and we are going to try it NM today.
          Some advice?
          Team composition is: knight (97k), mage (80k), archer1 (92k), archer2 (70k).
          Second archer could be eventually replaced by another tank, but we dont have another lv70+ mage (there isn't at all on my server ^^). Our mage is very skille and is an excellent healer, if he is alive we are well

Also, the miniboss in LL before the lych chief itself does give good for xp or not?
          Last edited by Telstar; 09-23-2013, 08:56 AM.

I do not exist.
          For real.

Comment

imo keep the 2nd archer, since replacing with another tank is worthless.. perma DF IS is good
            1st n 2nd boss on LL should be piece of cake for u guys, a bit problem on 2nd boss with bleeding but not that hard..
            formation, knight tank, easier for mage to target heal, tell 2nd archer to bring blood strike so he doesnt mess with target heals

last boss, timing on BL is important since u only got 1 mage to cover heals, make sure the boss gets DFed n ISed b4 stun..
            BL on cd after stun means trouble, make sure 2nd archer doesnt die at boss AoE after stun.. heal rune b4 boss stun
            after that np i think..

Comment

I corrected the team BRs -unbuffed with only blessings 200%, just a bit lower.

Originally posted by R2991253 View Post
              imo keep the 2nd archer, since replacing with another tank is worthless.. perma DF IS is good
              My IS is not perma, lasts about one second before the frikin 3rd boss does his tornado, I would need perception lv4 to make it permanent.
              But DF, yes, we can keep it perm on, we can rotate it.

1st n 2nd boss on LL should be piece of cake for u guys, a bit problem on 2nd boss with bleeding but not that hard..
              formation, knight tank, easier for mage to target heal, tell 2nd archer to bring blood strike so he doesnt mess with target heals

last boss, timing on BL is important since u only got 1 mage to cover heals, make sure the boss gets DFed n ISed b4 stun..
              BL on cd after stun means trouble, make sure 2nd archer doesnt die at boss AoE after stun.. heal rune b4 boss stun
              after that np i think..
              Thanks, we'll see soon how it goes

I do not exist.
              For real.

Comment

there is a trick in SS lizard boss with only 1 archer. pve archer of course -_-

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                  there is a trick in SS lizard boss with only 1 archer. pve archer of course -_-
                  I'm all ears.

BTW not all team members had wc, so the chief Lych remains unkilled in our server for one more day (hopeully)

I do not exist.
                  For real.

Comment

the secret is on the DF..

boss buff mid-fight in this sequence -> reflect buff >aoe>reflectbuff

secret is boss must not have DF/slow effect when he buffs. the point is to fasten the boss' turn so you guys wont hit him twice(with df effect)

tip: as soon as boss cast the 1st reflect..archer should que df. this is how it goes --> boss cast ref > archer "queued" df > boss aoe > archer cast df > boss cast 2nd ref > scatter shot

if i have time i will make a vid of it.

Comment

Yesterday we passed SS last boss (thanks to the second archer finally getting WC). It's definitely faster and less tricky. I believe the same amount of damage/DPS is required for the Lych chieftain.
                      Only risk with SS is the salamander as second boss, which we never tried in NM.

I do not exist.
                      For real.

Comment

a trick in solo archer.. have not tried nm tho. i dont know if boss attack pattern is the same.

Comment

We have two archers and we made it. The last boss is harder, besides timing (IS/apollo) it requires much more dps, which still poses a problem to our team.

I do not exist.
                          For real.

Comment

yep for sams last boss, dps is a must, since overtime the reduction % added up, n after a while the boss goes 1k%* atk buff, n 1 AoE kill us all lol.. imo LL NM is soooo much easier..

* : not sure, cmiiw

Comment

Originally posted by R2991253 View Post
                              yep for sams last boss, dps is a must, since overtime the reduction % added up, n after a while the boss goes 1k%* atk buff, n 1 AoE kill us all lol.. imo LL NM is soooo much easier..

* : not sure, cmiiw
                              It's the second or third AoE that kills us, and it's random -it can be an AoE or a normal attack when shield buff is at 3x. I was buffed to 105k to have enough DPS and I'm not going to waste that much scrolls and pots everyday, so LL it is.

So we went back to LL yesterday and finally beat the Lych (on first try). I agree that LL is easier, more consistent, but IF we had more DPS overall, last boss SS is quicker, and lizard not as terrible as I thought (the regen is the same, reflect is not more often vs normal)
                              Gonna stick with LL.

I do not exist.
                              For real.

Comment

Working...
                              X