Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

39 Archer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    On a complete side note and pretty unrelated to the thread, would a dedicated level camper mage at 39 be better off with Pve 30 gear or Pvp 35? I am making the assumption that both these sets are fully socketed.
    35 set, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
      35 set, no doubt.
      Reason I was wondering was that the 10 rage is so useful for a mage in BG but I guess problem is at level 39 you cannot have enough rage intensive skills that you'd really benefit from it so I guess you're right.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Its better to camp 44 than 38. You make much more with WB and catacombs, and archers are more versatile with more skill points and a 4th astro slot. You can stick determination into the extra slot for WB and Mdef for PVP. Or you can just keep determination full time.

I realized how useless it was to be 35-39 pretty quickly, so I leveled to 40-44 and camped there till elite crusader. They're the best levels to farm honor. I skipped 45-49 BGs entirely and rushed to 50 to farm PVE gear once I capped honor.
        I know what you mean, its going really really slow and I don't even have the patience to cart/do 95 devotion, but as its not my main character I'm not worried about it being slow. However, at 40+ I'd need to invest in mounts and cloth (assuming pve set), which would mean less investment in my main.

Reason I was wondering was that the 10 rage is so useful for a mage in BG but I guess problem is at level 39 you cannot have enough rage intensive skills that you'd really benefit from it so I guess you're right.
        There is a 30 pve, but it only gives 5 rage per action so no way..

d07, bloodthirsty isnt very usefull early game. unless your in bg alot.
        There isn't anything else besides bg/arenas so that would make it half the time.

most slow levelers set themselves up with a game plan, they decide well in advance where they want to go and what they want to achieve. so spending time at lvl 38 refining stats and gaining rods for the 15 or 30 jewels might not be a good plan, if you decide to swap them out for 40 jewels as soon as you hit lvl 40 (2 levels) might be a good idea to hold off, then put the effort and resources into those jewels instead.
        That's a valid point, though it all comes down to balens for rods/refines as I won't be getting them aside from a very rare bg chest drop. By far the biggest time sink is gold/gems for me, and that isn't bound to a certain level, luckily.
        Btw since everyone's going on about 40, wouldn't I need at least 35 rage from cloth to use pve set?
        Last edited by d07.RiV; 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM.
        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

The pve 30 set gives 10 rage per action according to the game synthesis window.
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Oh, was thinking about 20 set.. still, 1k pdef ignore should be worth much more at this level.. not like battles will last long enough for delphic, and I'd be unable to luna at start unless I buy a ton of clothes.

Comment

I'll bump this topic to avoid creating a new one;
              I'm thinking of moving on from 39 maybe, because it is indeed quite boring as it comes down to is getting tiny amounts of gold from wb to upgrade GS and astrals, all that while getting one gem a week.

Anyway what I'm concerned about is crypt tokens. I'd need a lot for 40 and possibly 50 sets; if I only do crypt for exp, can I get full leg 40 set without leveling to 45? (Assuming 100+ world prosperity, and starting at 39)

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                I'll bump this topic to avoid creating a new one;
                I'm thinking of moving on from 39 maybe, because it is indeed quite boring as it comes down to is getting tiny amounts of gold from wb to upgrade GS and astrals, all that while getting one gem a week.

Anyway what I'm concerned about is crypt tokens. I'd need a lot for 40 and possibly 50 sets; if I only do crypt for exp, can I get full leg 40 set without leveling to 45? (Assuming 100+ world prosperity, and starting at 39)
                I can already see from your posts that slow leveling isn't for you, just do what most people do.

Comment

Working...
                X