39 Archer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 Archer

I'm currently sitting at 38 with my archer and there are many things I'm not sure about.

- Is bloodthirsty worth the points? I currently have passives, 4 AS/MS, 2 sniper and luna.
    - Only have 3 astral spots, currently using patk/crit/pdef. Should I go patk/pdef/mdef instead, considering how many mages are out there?
    - Are lvl 30 jewels better than 15 legendary? It will be a very long time before I have enough gems/rods to use the 4th sockets (only getting rods from bg chests and gems from devotion/checkin). I'd lose some patk, but gain a lot in secondary stats once I can refine them.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Bt is good skil at 45+ barket
    Use crit, how u want make dmg without crit?
    Keep leg 15 stuffs, change rings at 40 and make legend, then jewels at 50next steps will be 60 rings and 70 jewels but this is long run advice

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

if you are pvp kind of archer, take BT, it will be very useful in BG. if you are PvE(MPs, Spire, etc) take debuff skills like DF, and scat is a must for lvl 60+ dungeons.

If you are a casher, buy double skills and use 1 tree for pvp skill set, and the other one for PvE.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I believe he's talking about slow leveling, and thus, both of the previous comments are useless.

Anyway, there's a slow leveling guide on the forum if that was your intention, use it.

Comment

Yeh I should've made it more obvious that I intend to stay at 38 for a loooong time.
          The slow leveling guide just covers basic stuff, not specific class advice.

I'm not convinced about crit, idk about the formulas, but if 1k crit translates to the same % at any level, then its probably not high enough to use it over patk/mdef/pdef, which make a huge difference at this level. Of course, if I know what opponents I'll be facing, I can switch one of the def astrals for crit.
          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

I had a level 39 archer with over 35k BR, I was disappointed by most slow levelers, so can't be bothered giving pointers to another one :P

Comment

Its better to camp 44 than 38. You make much more with WB and catacombs, and archers are more versatile with more skill points and a 4th astro slot. You can stick determination into the extra slot for WB and Mdef for PVP. Or you can just keep determination full time.

I realized how useless it was to be 35-39 pretty quickly, so I leveled to 40-44 and camped there till elite crusader. They're the best levels to farm honor. I skipped 45-49 BGs entirely and rushed to 50 to farm PVE gear once I capped honor.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
                Its better to camp 44 than 38. You make much more with WB and catacombs, and archers are more versatile with more skill points and a 4th astro slot. You can stick determination into the extra slot for WB and Mdef for PVP. Or you can just keep determination full time.

I realized how useless it was to be 35-39 pretty quickly, so I leveled to 40-44 and camped there till elite crusader. They're the best levels to farm honor. I skipped 45-49 BGs entirely and rushed to 50 to farm PVE gear once I capped honor.
                Ye, that's not his goal, so leave this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                  Fine, if you want him to camp 39 forever, I saw a lvl 39 player with a shiny gold grim reaper title. Thats something to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
                    Fine, if you want him to camp 39 forever, I saw a lvl 39 player with a shiny gold grim reaper title. Thats something to work for.
                    It's his choice and you're definately not the person to judge, I bet you're just another BG honor donor.

Comment

everyone here can say what they want to say even if its an advice that doesnt meat the target of the original poster.

It's his choice and you're definately not the person to judge
                      even so it isnt for u to judge about what is said here so leave chrisdab alone.
                      • S69 - Corftey ravine
                      • H4D3S
                      • lvl 76 archer
                      • 103k br

Comment

It's his choice and you're definately not the person to judge, I bet you're just another BG honor donor.
                        guy comes in here asking for advice.. someone gives advice and you tell him not to judge?, right after you say youve seen too many weak slow lvling archers so you "cant be botherd" to give advice.. you can be botherd to tell everyone else to get off the post though,,, nice job in being constructive guy...

chris, you raise a solid point,, sitting at lvl 38,39 isnt much different from sitting at 44 as you show in detail with your post. apart from the extra perks you can get.

d07, bloodthirsty isnt very usefull early game. unless your in bg alot.

early game crit isnt much of a game changer, almost all classes have low stats, unless you run into another slow leveler. personally id say save crit for 4th astral slot.
                        keep the 15 jewels if your staying at lvl 38. if you plan to keep slow lvling after 38, only swap them out for 40 jewels.

most slow levelers set themselves up with a game plan, they decide well in advance where they want to go and what they want to achieve. so spending time at lvl 38 refining stats and gaining rods for the 15 or 30 jewels might not be a good plan, if you decide to swap them out for 40 jewels as soon as you hit lvl 40 (2 levels) might be a good idea to hold off, then put the effort and resources into those jewels instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
                          guy comes in here asking for advice.. someone gives advice and you tell him not to judge?, right after you say youve seen too many weak slow lvling archers so you "cant be botherd" to give advice.. you can be botherd to tell everyone else to get off the post though,,, nice job in being constructive guy...
                          I wasn't judging d07 for his choice to be a slow leveler or to camp at 39, I merely pointed out that I'm disappointed by most slow levelers, and therefore I don't give advice anymore to those who ask for it.
                          chrisdab, on the other hand, was undoubtedly judging him for his choice, which is even better clarified by his 2nd post here showing his disapproval of this method with his sarcastic comment of "that's something to work for" referring to a grim reaper title.
                          Slow levelers don't slow level to cap honor and move on, each one has his own personal goals, and from what I understood from d07's original post, his goal was to stay 39 for a long time to reach a certain BR or to dominate regardless of his honor title.

Comment

On a complete side note and pretty unrelated to the thread, would a dedicated level camper mage at 39 be better off with Pve 30 gear or Pvp 35? I am making the assumption that both these sets are fully socketed.
                            [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                            [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

this is jugling my mind.. is there even a 30 pve?? cant remember
                              • S69 - Corftey ravine
                              • H4D3S
                              • lvl 76 archer
                              • 103k br

Comment

Working...
                              X