Is the medal really worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the medal really worth it?

So, this is a "food for thought" type of thread, and I think it's relevant for more people than me, so I thought I'd post it.

My character is level 61 with a BR around 55k. This isn't exactly bad, but I'm no match for the powerhouses of the 55-64 BG, and my rank is Knight Crusader. I can up this to Elite Crusader shortly. Getting higher will be hard if not impossible.

Now, this character is in a "transition period". I am short on insignia and my specific goal is to save up enough that I can successfully craft a complete legendary 60 set before I hit level 65. This should take 4 months without summoning. I am not summoning because it has become less valuable as rewards from dungeons have risen to 10 stones/crystalloids per day and the XP from the summoner has tripled per stone (which is not something I want.) I have no problem to get a Moon NM group - I have a full Pve 50 set so I am mildly useful and I have strong team mates.

The medal for my current title costs me 2000 insignia.

Now if we assume I play every team arena fight every day of the week and win each one my reward would be 7*30*450=3150 insignia. If I lose every fight I'd get 1050 insignia.

The difference is 2100 insignia and obviously a medal on my character will not make any difference between losing all and winning all. The medal will not affect the outcome of any GvG match and the effect on any BG I enter in terms of total score will be minimal. Furthermore this would assume I actually play every fight every day.

So, should I simply opt to go entirely without medal until I have farmed enough of them?

Best, Moloch
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

No medal is fine if you didn't care about pvp. Or if you have lvl 9 vip. Otherwise, always get a medal.

btw, you forgot Insignia income from GB and ToK, they can give 2000-4000 a week depends on your luck and the strength of your guild
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I know they come from the GvG. That's a steady income and not altered by the medal. ToK I am not doing because the xp rewards are too high. All I do is enter ToK hard once a day to claim souls.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Your class is...?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I'm a level 61 mage.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
            I know they come from the GvG. That's a steady income and not altered by the medal. ToK I am not doing because the xp rewards are too high. All I do is enter ToK hard once a day to claim souls.
            well, since you said the result on BG is still the same with/out medals. then you can skip buying them until you have enough shard for your leg gears. besides, you're a knight crusader so you won't be worrying much about honor loss.
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

No medallion, no GB for my guildmembers.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                No medallion, no GB for my guildmembers.
                This would obviously be relevant if the guild matching was very even and you really need to press every available asset. As it is on my server and in my guild this is definitely not the case. We are given to be a rank 3 on our server (we always lose to the top 2 and always win against the rest even if we're at half strength) and my battle strength is very low compared to many others. Hell, our GM even invites people with 20k BR just so they can get the insignia to improve their characters.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  This would obviously be relevant if the guild matching was very even and you really need to press every available asset. As it is on my server and in my guild this is definitely not the case. We are given to be a rank 3 on our server (we always lose to the top 2 and always win against the rest even if we're at half strength) and my battle strength is very low compared to many others. Hell, our GM even invites people with 20k BR just so they can get the insignia to improve their characters.
                  Im in top ranked guild on my server and we have yet to loose a gb or come close to but id never give up my medal granted im typically a tower defender and against second ranked guild keeping towers is a must. So every little bit helps. Some times ill float acting as back up for towers and hunting lower lvl guild members from other guild to bump the score up ok i see red i just attack low lvl high makes no difference. But hunting other guild members or guarding tower that medal is a must imo.

I suppose if you don't care bout guild battle or pvp than skip it. But rewards out pace the cost for medal when arena pvp tanks etc are all taken in to consideration. Even if by only 10 insigs it is still worth getting as it gives you just that little extra. Sense you know the absolute insig winnings why not get a medal that costs a small number less? Then you will by nature of the beast gain that many more insigs. Say 1k private medalion that will prob give you 1200 or more extra insigs for net gain of 200

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                    Im in top ranked guild on my server and we have yet to loose a gb or come close to but id never give up my medal granted im typically a tower defender and against second ranked guild keeping towers is a must. So every little bit helps. Some times ill float acting as back up for towers and hunting lower lvl guild members from other guild to bump the score up ok i see red i just attack low lvl high makes no difference. But hunting other guild members or guarding tower that medal is a must imo.

I suppose if you don't care bout guild battle or pvp than skip it. But rewards out pace the cost for medal when arena pvp tanks etc are all taken in to consideration. Even if by only 10 insigs it is still worth getting as it gives you just that little extra. Sense you know the absolute insig winnings why not get a medal that costs a small number less? Then you will by nature of the beast gain that many more insigs. Say 1k private medalion that will prob give you 1200 or more extra insigs for net gain of 200
                    What I have to ask you here is how your character is.

Mine is a level 61 with 55k BR. I'm a peon. I don't even do more damage against the ward with the medallion and I don't last longer either. That is my duty in GB; attacking the tower as much as possible and whenever I can get to it without getting murdered by someone on the way there.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

That's right. unless you are not in the small tower's defender/attacker team, those medals didn't help much. The place where the medals worth a lot is in BG and and Arena (duel and group). Since you said you dont mind losing in BG, and the medal cost and the gain from GA didn't add much, skipping medals until you got enough shards is a good idea.

But what xnovaflarex said is, if getting a medallion can give you extra insignia that more than enough to cover the cost, you should go for it.

Comment

0 wins in GA = 150
                        30 wins = 450

difference of 300.. multiplied by 7days = 2100 insignia/week (can cover up the medal cost weekly )

ok lets say you cant to a perfect GA everyday, but still there are BGs , ToK, GB, etc..

thus, having a medal will surely make a big difference in helping your guild in gb. also the additional HP for MPDs will help a bit tho not that much.

IMO, i'd get a medal weekly.. through experience i say it will only be a difference of around 2k insignia per week in favor of no-medal.

Comment

Medal. ALWAYS MEDAL. As soon as you got crusader or higher, losing medal is losing a HUGE boost. medal>everything else with insignias.

Comment

I agree with krack. Always medal. Besides if you have medal, you have more chances to win more arena and more insig income.
                            :o Bacon FTW :o
                            Kabam s1- Mage
                            Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

All the stats in the world won't compensate for not having a medallion. As players have pointed out, having a medallion improves your performance in many functions that typically reward you with insigs, so going without a medallion will typically result in a loss of insignias you might gain. Also, not having a medallion typically shows a guild leader that you have no intention to be of great use to your guild in a guild battle so in many competitive guilds (even if your guild isn't likely to win or lose in GB regardless of your decision) a guild leader will typically only choose to add those that put in the most effort (i.e. always have a medallion).

Comment

Working...
                              X