Is the medal really worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    What I have to ask you here is how your character is.

Mine is a level 61 with 55k BR. I'm a peon. I don't even do more damage against the ward with the medallion and I don't last longer either. That is my duty in GB; attacking the tower as much as possible and whenever I can get to it without getting murdered by someone on the way there.
    With 55k br you should have no issue with getting to the tower nor doing lots of damage. If your not doing great you got something screwy with your build. Artificial br (matk for knight archer or patk for mage) is useless. If knight choose one crit knight high hp high pdef patk etc or block knight swap out crit for block trying to do both is pointless. Now i suppose if you have a nice orange astral and a free slot for the op toss it in better to have it than a open spot.

I have way lower br than you not quite 38k and am lvl 55. I more than hold my own in any fight im a hard kill and if i get qte+rune e delphic off you might as well be with out any gear cause your dead ither way.

At 61 55k you should be doing 2 things in guild battle attacking ward and recapturing towers and backing up a tower with only 3 defenders till a 4th comes along. I generally defend but against low show guilds ill go after the ward and take out wandering targets as i see em.

Comment

I have seen a noticeable difference in PvP with and without medal. So, if you are relying on arena for insig. you should definitely go with a medal.

Comment

Guild Battle and Group Arena is the best source for Insignia.

You're going to need Medals anyways once you start to get to higher level, because most high level events are all PvP related or require the HP/Charm on the Medal.

And if you even want to get higher rank, you're going to need the medal anyways, else you'll just be steamrolled by other players with medals.

Only time you don't need a medal is if you're not doing any PvP at all... (which is what this game is based around, pvp)

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          This would obviously be relevant if the guild matching was very even and you really need to press every available asset. As it is on my server and in my guild this is definitely not the case. We are given to be a rank 3 on our server (we always lose to the top 2 and always win against the rest even if we're at half strength) and my battle strength is very low compared to many others. Hell, our GM even invites people with 20k BR just so they can get the insignia to improve their characters.
          It doesn't matter.

What SinnedWill said is correct. If you're a guild leader, you will check whether your player is selfish or not.
          Selfish player puts getting his own gear ahead of guild interests. Rationale is simple: There are 49 other players in GB, why does it matter if I don't have a medallion. (Free-rider mentality)

Imagine all 50 players think like you -- the GB would be lost.

I don't put my guild members into GB if they don't come prepared with a medallion.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

With my medal on I win like 25-30 GA fights. If I dont have it - no more than 15-20 wins. And I suppose if all my group dont have meds - we would win like 5-10 times out of 30 attempts.
            Medallion means exactly that much.
            I dont even do Spire or MPD without medallion. If you are working on PvE set - then buy private med lasting 30 days. Should help you more, than having no med at all.
            Server: Armorgames Server 4 - US West.
            Class: Mage.

Comment

Does your medal dmg dealt/reduced % apply vs the TOK shadows?
              Riamba

Comment

Best to do is to get LD before 60. I need 58k honor more I'm lvl 59. And yes it is very good. LD also gives you 10 initial rage vs players which is a giant buff in pvp.
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by vaesolis View Post
                  Does your medal dmg dealt/reduced % apply vs the TOK shadows?
                  No. ToK Shadows are not players, but monsters.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

What about the medals the shadows are wearing? Do those apply to theirs hits on party/party's hits on them?
                    Riamba

Comment

lvl 61? why u worry about experience? just go in tok, get the mount etc, the one u should skip is spire not tok.

and you have many talents lvl to upgrade... therefore i am puzzled. why no tok. You are still lvl 61, you have 62,63,64 and not to mention the talent levels which lvl 28.

worry about experience when u are lvl 64.
                      IGN: watty
                      Server:s271
                      Class: Knight
                      BR: 120k + growing slowly
                      Honors: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        No. ToK Shadows are not players, but monsters.
                        Originally posted by vaesolis View Post
                        What about the medals the shadows are wearing? Do those apply to theirs hits on party/party's hits on them?
                        Read the above quote.

ToK shadows are monsters and not players. Why would monsters wear a medallion?
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

lvl 61? why u worry about experience? just go in tok, get the mount etc, the one u should skip is spire not tok.

and you have many talents lvl to upgrade... therefore i am puzzled. why no tok. You are still lvl 61, you have 62,63,64 and not to mention the talent levels which lvl 28.

worry about experience when u are lvl 64.
                          You should realise that no matter what level you are, every point of exp gets you closer to 65 at the same rate. The amount of talents you can get at 64 isn't that high, and you might still want to run catacombs if you need CT, or simply for gems, which are a hard to come by otherwise.

Either way, tok rewards aren't very significant, its mostly SC/insignia, with an off chance at leg stones, which can save you a couple days at most. You can get the mount shards by simply entering and leaving evey day.

---

On topic, if you have 4 months left till your set, you should have plenty of time to get enough insignias even if you buy meda every week. If you get 6k/week (3k arenas/bg + 3k GB), then spend 2k for meda, you need 3 weeks per item.
                          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Working...
                          X