Mage- BLOCK NOT PDEF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage- BLOCK NOT PDEF

ANy one have tried to make his mage with high block without PDEF.....

If u want only win with mage...go for it
    In my opinion mage need pdef more then mdef

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

It works awesome in CW.
      [S1] Temple of Ibalize
      Frostie
      Mage
      VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
        It works awesome in CW.
        And only in cw

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Are you thinking about normal gameplay or the class war?

I am not a mage but I think anyone will tell you that no pdef would be a bad idea except for the class war v other mages. The physical defense effect is constant, while block is intermittent. Without pdef you would have no chance against archers or knights your own level!

In pvp (except v mages), mpds, cata, etc, you will find many fights a lot harder! Against other mages pdef is not needed so high block is a good idea!

Don't take my word for it. Try using a block astral instead of a pdef one if you have a spare + temporarily change your pdef gems to block ones and you will very quickly see that pdef is essential in normal gameplay. Removing either pdef gems, or your pdef astral is a non starter except for the CW

Enjoy the game
          Last edited by Howie1; 09-23-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

i mean really without PDEF ONLY high block may be is better... big chance for dodge i think vs knight + archers

Comment

Originally posted by saxsex View Post
              i mean really without PDEF ONLY high block may be is better... big chance for dodge i think vs knight + archers
              High block no pdef? Knights + archers eat you for 3 meals.

Comment

And so what if u take off pdef u get a lot more dmg then block can reduce
                But go for it, when i meet u get easy win

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

PDEF = Improves your defences. Works '100%' of the time as long as equipped.
                  Block = Reduces a little damage. Works only when you're lucky.

Seems pretty obvious to me.
                  [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                  Frostie
                  Mage
                  VictisHNR

Comment

Youd would need like 5k block to hit 90% block rate. Im a block knight so i use loads of block hp pdef mdef being worked on. With out enhanced block block is only ok id say youd be good with say 2k to 2500 block. Block mages with pdef scare me lol

Ive hit high block mages with qte+rune boost enhanced delphic and it turns in to a oh shi... situation real fast. seeing all those blue numbers means im prob a dead block knight lol

Im very interesting to fight as summoned mob lol I can win every time thanks to runes but um i best be front row or the party is likely screwed i need to deal with my clone fast if not its game over. That is game over every single time essentially with out fail.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
                      PDEF = Improves your defences. Works '100%' of the time as long as equipped.
                      Block = Reduces a little damage. Works only when you're lucky.

Seems pretty obvious to me.
                      Block fires at a fixxed rate on percents high block score = high percent chance to block. But no pdef = bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                        Block fires at a fixxed rate on percents high block score = high percent chance to block. But no pdef = bad idea
                        That was exactly my point. PDEF always works, as long as equipped. Block is a game of chance.

A Mage should have both (Once they're L60 and above) but if for whatever reason one has to choose between one or the other, PDEF is without question the better option.
                        [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                        Frostie
                        Mage
                        VictisHNR

Comment

work on pdef and block its awesome against archers

Comment

This is the worst idea in the history of magekind (EXCEPT IN CW)
                            It is only viable in cw ... that's it.

Comment

Why would you remove the one that greatly works for mages against patk classes? You already have low hp then you will still remove pdef hahaha yummy for archers and knights. Goodluck! Even spamming AOE won't save mages without pdef.

Comment

Working...
                              X