Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Tanks fast weapon grab.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks fast weapon grab.

so i am in tanks.. and I am going after a weapon. You have to wait till the bar fills before you can pick up the weapon. My bar was over half way full and an opponent comes over and grabs it with no wait at all.. I have noticed people have been doing this and want to know how they can pick up a weapon like that so fast. Does anyone know how this is done?

It's just graphic lag.

Comment

It's called lag. Even with good internet connection people still has them.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

i wasnt lagging and i was way ahead of the guy.. the guy turned around, sat on the weapon i was getting and got it as soon as he touched it.. this has happened to others too

Comment

yeah that is annoying. It seems like while you are collecting and other clicks on weapon they get it instantly without collecting. One way I found to avoid this is once enemy comes very close to you, attack tank and then start collecting it again. Not sure how it works though.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowrat View Post
            i wasnt lagging and i was way ahead of the guy.. the guy turned around, sat on the weapon i was getting and got it as soon as he touched it.. this has happened to others too
            trust us, it is lag. should we really have to describe how lag works?
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              sometimes we do^^

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                Trust us, it is not lag Other tanks are not even close to weapon while collecting and while my collecting bar fills up they come close and i see "chest does not exist" message.

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
                  Trust us, it is not lag Other tanks are not even close to weapon while collecting and while my collecting bar fills up they come close and i see "chest does not exist" message.
                  Eeeyup, it seems we really indeed have to explain how lag works. give me a few minutes to build the most simple explanation for people who did not understand what a lag is.

Comment

1. Lagger clicks on item but it doesn't show as fast on other screens because of their(the lagger's) ping.
                    2. Lagger's screen shows that they collected the item so the game gives it to them.
                    3. Nonlagger misses item even though his screen shows he was there first and makes a sad face.

just my guess.
                    Last edited by Whispir; 09-23-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Okay, lets see this graphic:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Gameloop.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1675266

The process between input and output is in real time, but some things will delay the process. therefore, the output (in this game, your game screen) is actually what happened in few miliseconds(can be varied, but most people never noticed it before it hit 1000ms) ago.

let's explain this another way.

you hit Button A -> server received the A signal -> server processes the A signal -> Server send the A action -> your screen display the A action.

that's a lot of process right? now

now imagine if it's in multiplayer, where you have to wait other's people's input. on your screen, It may be showed you the A action, but in reality the server already processed the B action because there is a delay between input, process, and output.

okay, it's not a simple explanation. can anyone expert can explain to them in simple terms?

Comment

Originally posted by Whispir View Post
                        1. Lagger clicks on item but it doesn't show as fast on other screens because of their(the lagger's) ping.
                        2. Lagger's screen shows that they collected the item so the game gives it to them.
                        3. Nonlagger misses item even though his screen shows he was there first and makes a sad face.

just my guess.
                        ah yes, this was the simple explanation i hoped for. thank you.

Comment

I liked your explanation Arlad. Longtime since I seen a flowchart. I never lag on anything except for couple of rounds on WB. I guess only way to make you understand the issue is I grab weapon while you are collecting

Comment

Ever wondered why you're always the first when exiting the gates in BG? Everyone will seem to be ahead on their screen, but only one can get the powerup.
                            On your screen everyone is behind by (your lag)+(their lag), so you have to be at least this much ahead in order to get the powerup first. Also, if you get hit, collection stops.
                            Last edited by d07.RiV; 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM.
                            Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                            Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Working...
                            X