LL NM Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LL NM Help?

Our guild finally has a good number of people with full 60 gear now. We are currently struggling with LL NM boss #2. Any help and strategy you can provide would be appreciated. I'm not sure if were just not strong enough yet, incorrect mage timing on puri or what?

We've tried it with 2 mages mid 70's BR, archer 86k, knight 86. We have also tried it with 1 mage and a second archer with 82k.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
    Our guild finally has a good number of people with full 60 gear now. We are currently struggling with LL NM boss #2. Any help and strategy you can provide would be appreciated. I'm not sure if were just not strong enough yet, incorrect mage timing on puri or what?

We've tried it with 2 mages mid 70's BR, archer 86k, knight 86. We have also tried it with 1 mage and a second archer with 82k.

This is pritty simpleafter each 'bomb' both mages cast resto for knight and have ready puri/bl . Here all like u want 1 mage puri 2 bl or 1 mage puri bl and later sec for this boss 2x mage ist must have. Knight must keep apollo,we prefer archer is too... we run daily in aRound 80k br each team, for last boss we need higher br knight and wc so atm we dont waste time

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

for one mage alone you have to time well your puri if not the cd for the next bleed gets you, with two mages is really easy rotate puri and bl after each aoe. Also archer has to keep him df and incen when he can. Apollo helps too. Then resto after the big shot.

Comment

if you are going for 1 mage.. alternate BL and and puri on boss' aoe bleed. anyway if you have 1 mage. 2 archer the cd of puri will be enough when boss aoe again

Comment

I hear on your server the best way to complete these runs is to be in Legion

Comment

btw we've managed to do these with 3 different group compliments, I've seen it done with a 2 archer group, a 2 mage group, and a 2 knight group..

Comment

Originally posted by xXTinkerbellXx View Post
              I hear on your server the best way to complete these runs is to be in Legion
              Yeah, you are probably right. They have a lot of great players. I chose not to sellout though and work on my character a different way. I get more satisfaction out of not having mega cashers at my disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by tincho123 View Post
                for one mage alone you have to time well your puri if not the cd for the next bleed gets you, with two mages is really easy rotate puri and bl after each aoe. Also archer has to keep him df and incen when he can. Apollo helps too. Then resto after the big shot.
                I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to help me out. We completed it last night for the first time. 2mages, 1 archer and knight. I ponied up for wc.

I want to give it a shot with 1 mage. Could you guys tell me the exact mage skill casting order and when so i can relay the info to her.

Thanks again. Appreciate the insight.

Comment

Bleed only lasts 2 turns, so you can either bleed or blessed light on it. If you have one mage just switch between them.

Comment

Hi SirChuck
                    Here's my suggestion, hope u like it
                    Currently, i run with 2archer + 1mager + 1knight as myself is knight, we don't use pot or WC at all now due to the blessing academy and we don't have any problem facing mini boss and the boss
                    My teammate BR are 81k (mage) , 85k & 88k (archer) and myself 91k (knight)

For 2nd boss is the timing, i prefer 2 archer rather than 1 archer coz it's easy to predict the timing for puri ( mostly i play 2 account during NM, mage + knight )
                    After the 1st attack of the boss (the biggest damage) , don't use any skill and count around 7-9 secs and use puri before the boss attack (aoe + bleeding) and if u use it too fast ,u can counter it with blessing but don't make 2 mistake in a row, the boss will wiped out all of u
                    note : archer must keep DF to let mage's puri not in CD

sorry if my english is bad
                    xD

Comment

1 Mage, 2 Archers and 1 Knight is the easiest combination for the whole run. Having 2 Mages makes boss 2 easier, but longer to take down due to lack of DPS. The same reason applies to the last boss.

As the others have said, timing of puri is the most important if you're the lone Mage. Bleed comes after the big nuke on your tank, so cast puri immediately after healing and you should be fine. BL is not necessary as long as your team is strong enough to recover lost HP through Sunto.
                      [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                      Frostie
                      Mage
                      VictisHNR

Comment

2 mage, 1 archer and 1 knight..
                        This team can easily win LL NM 2nd boss, for knights and archers its just the matter of alternating apollo and IS.
                        Your knight can delay his skills after he gets his apollo on as if he is able to successfully delay skills as long as apollo is on him, then he can keep apollo on him for about 40-45 secs which should give archer's IS enough time to get outta CD(if he does not delay his skills apollo will be on him for max 25 secs and there might be a period when neither IS nor apollo is on and that can be bad.)
                        Next archer needs to maintain constant damage reduction by shooting IS when apollo fades, also DF gets the max priority as itll allow mages' BL and puri CD to end by the time they need it.
                        Ok so for the mages its probably the most work, one mage must carry LB, sunotria, BL , restore, puri while the other can take LB, *any skill*, restore, BL and puri. Its recommended to save up atleast 80-85 rage before attacking the boss.

Ofc the mage carrying suntoria needs to cast it immediately like at the start of any other boss battle.

The boss rotates like this(for the most part) ..
                        First he attacks the tank - One mage(say A) must restore. Better if both can restore.
                        Then he does his AoE attack which casts a bleed of 10k - One mage(say A) must puri and the other(say B) must BL.
                        Then he buffs himself up and heals - This is a good time for mages to get some rage by spamming LB, or recast suntoria.
                        Then he attack the tank - One mage must restore. Again if Both can restore then its good
                        Then he again does AoE - Mage B must puri and Mage A must BL this time..
                        Then he buffs himself up and heals..
                        And so on..

Rinse and repeat.. sometimes the boss doesnt heal himself only buffs himself, not sure when that happens but this strategy works for the most part.

*Note* - Use restore on the tank only after u see the attack animation of the boss or after u see the skulls appearing on the knight. Else if u try to predict u can easily restore the lowest % HP party member which may or may not be your tank.

Ok so for the mages the key is communication, you must communicate with each other as to who will puri and BL after the first AoE cast by the boss then u can alternate BL and puri for the successive AoE casts by the boss. As i said earlier keeping the DF on at all times is very important so archer must make that his priority.
                        Using this strategy people in lower 70k BR can pass it easily( the tank needs to be higher though). Hope it works for you guys
                        Last edited by kattuktk; 10-16-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
                          1 Mage, 2 Archers and 1 Knight is the easiest combination for the whole run. Having 2 Mages makes boss 2 easier, but longer to take down due to lack of DPS. The same reason applies to the last boss.

As the others have said, timing of puri is the most important if you're the lone Mage. Bleed comes after the big nuke on your tank, so cast puri immediately after healing and you should be fine. BL is not necessary as long as your team is strong enough to recover lost HP through Sunto.
                          What would you say the minimum BR requirements would be for 1 mage and the knight?

Comment

What would you say the minimum BR requirements would be for 1 mage and the knight?
                            my first run LL NM is 78k = knight (before patch of blessing wheel) and we manage to kill the 2nd boss but for the last boss,i use Warior Call
                            and for my teammate, mage is 68k before patch of blessing wheel also and need WC for the last boss

Comment

Originally posted by R24301083 View Post
                              my first run LL NM is 78k = knight (before patch of blessing wheel) and we manage to kill the 2nd boss but for the last boss,i use Warior Call
                              and for my teammate, mage is 68k before patch of blessing wheel also and need WC for the last boss
                              Wow, only 78k and 68k. We must have been doing something wrong last week. We died to boss two with 82k knight and 76k mage. Hope we can figure out how to beat boss #2 with 2 archers as he is my level 9 friend. : )

Comment

Working...
                              X