Dodging Crits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodging Crits?

I have been dodging archers luni and MS crits. It shows a critical hit, but has a blue dodge below it.

Has anyone been able to test whether the dodge of a crit has lowered typical damage from another person or not?

Thanks in advance

When damage values are in blue (or if it's a critical hit with a little blue text saying "dodge" next to it) you succeeded i blocking the attack. And yes, when you block an attack (even a crit) it results in reduced damage.

Comment

Just to clarify, there's a difference between dodge and block (even though both of them shows the same "text").

Dodge comes from illusion astral.
      Block comes from, well, your block values.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

curious here, u can still recieve a crit and block it? i thought block killed the crit?

Comment

curious here, u can still recieve a crit and block it? i thought block killed the crit?
          You get red crit numbers, and small blue "dodge" text under them. Apparently you take 30% less damage than from a regular crit.
          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

i've never had red crit n blue block numbers in same attack that i noticed was why i asked! unless it in a multi hit

edit :- by multi i mean rof meteor etc! triple hit skills

seems strange to get critical strike on someone that managed to block ur move is all! crit in any rpg is dex based ( i know not here but bare with me) so if the other toon has the agi to dodge or block the attack then surely u can't crit him as u found no weakness in his her armour!
            Last edited by BrixunMortar; 10-02-2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
              i've never had red crit n blue block numbers in same attack that i noticed was why i asked! unless it in a multi hit

edit :- by multi i mean rof meteor etc! triple hit skills

seems strange to get critical strike on someone that managed to block ur move is all! crit in any rpg is dex based ( i know not here but bare with me) so if the other toon has the agi to dodge or block the attack then surely u can't crit him as u found no weakness in his her armour!

fyi: u can Block crit damage / dodge is from the illusion astral and gives a value of 1, sometimes 2. When u block in wartune, u take reduced damage from the attack, approximately 30% reduction. Blocks can be lower or higher, but thats the way I understand it. Higher block for knights, they have healing factor from blocks (believe me, I find that ridiculous too). But anyways, think of it as a high damage attack, still got 'blocked' but still does some high damage. If it didn't crit, they would block and end up taking lower damage than crit dmg.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Crit determins if a hit deals extra damage.
                Block determines if blocker receives redused damaged.
                So a crit hit can be dodged: attacker gets a x% stronger hit and defender receives y% less damage. Block skills trigger

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
                  I have been dodging archers luni and MS crits. It shows a critical hit, but has a blue dodge below it.

Has anyone been able to test whether the dodge of a crit has lowered typical damage from another person or not?

Thanks in advance
                  when it writes critic and dodge in same time dmg is reduced and thats it

Comment

Working...
                  X