Archer PvE skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer PvE skills

I was wondering what skills do you need for Archer PvE. (in either pvp or pve set)

What skills do you need for higher level dungeons?

I got this:

5 skill set up -
    Arrow Strike
    Multi-shot (or Deep Freeze)
    Armor Piercer (or Deep Freeze)
    Scatter
    Incendiary Shot

But than... I was wondering...

Do you need Lunatic or Blood thirsty?

Lunatic... well to clear mobs in between bosses, but you can just switch to the pvp tree for that, BT... it is good in some cases, such as spire or when you tank and mages could use help with the healing (normally after an extra strong atk).
    They are in most cases not a necessity, although good at times.

Comment

Is that a tree for spire as well? Wondering what skill you will use to drop mob #3,4 and 5 using vulcan

Eili
      S144
      Guild: 'Nightmare
      Level 80 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
        Lunatic... well to clear mobs in between bosses, but you can just switch to the pvp tree for that, BT... it is good in some cases, such as spire or when you tank and mages could use help with the healing (normally after an extra strong atk).
        They are in most cases not a necessity, although good at times.
        At 64 lvl archer have No place for bt
        Anich, better ms 4/5 and is 2/2 for moon u get ms 5/5 at 66 and later i sugest go into ds on this tree

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by -Eilistraee- View Post
          Is that a tree for spire as well? Wondering what skill you will use to drop mob #3,4 and 5 using vulcan

Eili
          Hi eliall depends of your team but usualy u need ds for 3-5 bossand at 64 get scatter for 9 stage,it's must have if u want pass it

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

At level 64 if you do not have double skills, you can get Freeze 2 , scatter 2 - this is enough to clear all dungeons on this level , other go to sniper 3 and lunatic 4 - sniper for WB and spire , lunatic for arena/bg/cw

Comment

and at 64 get scatter for 9 stage,it's must have if u want pass it
              If you have 2 mages you can do 9 without scatter.
              Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
              Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

I had the same confusion. In pvE, I have MS only at 2/5 and IS 2/2 and Bloodthirsty at 2/3. I leave clearing mobs on spire up to mage(s). IS at 2/2 gives good damage boost for killing 3-5 bosses on last bar. Sadly IS has lower crit rate than delphic. If your IS is not good enough to solo finish last bar then just slow down till your teammates delphic CD is finished. It also depends on team your run with. I use the same skill set for running MD NM bosses. Main reason I had Bloodthirsty is for clearing lvl 10 necropolis and helps in spire too.
                Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 10-02-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

If you're aiming for PvP endgame (which you will no doubt, it's a PvP game endgame more than a PvE game), don't roll archer .
                  Player Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                    If you have 2 mages you can do 9 without scatter.
                    Sure good luck then on 10 stage with low hp bcs of not scattering we run each day 13-14 stage so dont tell me ss isn't important in spire

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

@anichaos
                      when i was 64 i had those same skills. just i didnt have MS, i maxed out scatter and incendiary, and took bloodthirsty for spire. (DF doesnt work there so i swap it out)

luni is a nice skill to wipe out crowds, but in pve, mages usually drop rofs and meteors, so non issue there. im guessing you have a double skill tree right? so you can just swap skill set to pvp when facing mobs, then switch back to pve when going against bosses.

@eilistaee
                      if your mages pack thunderers, they can wipe 3,4 in spire, then you can use inc and other party members delphic to wipe out 5. scatter is a solid skill to take to lvl 9, inc plays a massive roll vs 10,11,12 also (cant beat 13 yet. those 150k aoes are just too much)

@anata
                      i had BT at 64, just didnt use MS.... AS,AP,Scat,IS,DF is what i took to face the bosses in moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
                        @anichaos
                        when i was 64 i had those same skills. just i didnt have MS, i maxed out scatter and incendiary, and took bloodthirsty for spire. (DF doesnt work there so i swap it out)

luni is a nice skill to wipe out crowds, but in pve, mages usually drop rofs and meteors, so non issue there. im guessing you have a double skill tree right? so you can just swap skill set to pvp when facing mobs, then switch back to pve when going against bosses.

@eilistaee
                        if your mages pack thunderers, they can wipe 3,4 in spire, then you can use inc and other party members delphic to wipe out 5. scatter is a solid skill to take to lvl 9, inc plays a massive roll vs 10,11,12 also (cant beat 13 yet. those 150k aoes are just too much)

@anata
                        i had BT at 64, just didnt use MS.... AS,AP,Scat,IS,DF is what i took to face the bosses in moon.
                        From my exp i prefer ms more then ap. Sure ap make good dmg but take to much rage if you are support archer 2x ms make same dmg and give 20 rage so for me this is better option + i allways have rage for is df and ss
                        ABout 13 stage is rly hard but we have our tricks for this boss^^

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I see, so this:

Just switching 1 point from Multi-Shot to Incendiary Shot

So we basically leaves the AoE up to Mages as much as possible.

For the 5 skill set up
                          Arrow Strike
                          Multi-Shot
                          Deep Freeze
                          Scatter
                          Incendiary Shot

right?

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                            I see, so this:

Just switching 1 point from Multi-Shot to Incendiary Shot

So we basically leaves the AoE up to Mages as much as possible.

For the 5 skill set up
                            Arrow Strike
                            Multi-Shot
                            Deep Freeze
                            Scatter
                            Incendiary Shot

right?
                            Yep this is my 64v pve setuplater make ms max and go for ds u get rly good skillset for spire with maxed ds

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Ty Skribz

Anata i have a smilar set up, but am wondering if lvl 3 SS is needed or lvl 2 will do... will there be bosses with 3 buffs or more to remove?

Eili
                              S144
                              Guild: 'Nightmare
                              Level 80 Archer

Comment

Working...
                              X