Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

WB Unfairness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by alhill View Post
    Well, either way the issue remains that the key problem is the length of time the knight animations take.
    chose quicker skills then?

As a mage - meteor takes forever to cast. So I never use it in WB.

I only use lightning bolt - one of the faster skills. I take home a bit less but I get my round done quicker.

Leave a comment:

• alhill
    replied
    Well, either way the issue remains that the key problem is the length of time the knight animations take.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by alhill View Post
    Knights do perfectly good WB damage, particularly because they can use 2 delphs per round every other round, which no other class can do.
    Heh. you are sadly mistaken.

Every class can easily attain an average of 1 delphic per round.

Leave a comment:

• alhill
    replied
    An archer friend of mine and I figured out the issue with knights and WB recently. I noticed that I consistently got more gold per round than he did, but he ended up with far more total gold than I did. The problem is not knight's damage output, particularly at the high end. With pve set and crit astrals, the knight does very well. The problem is that the knight animations are much slower than either of the other classes, so each turn takes more time than it takes an archer or mage. Thus the knight gets fewer turns per WB than the other classes.

So it's not really a balance issue. Knights do perfectly good WB damage, particularly because they can use 2 delphs per round every other round, which no other class can do. The issue is that r2 needs to adjust the animation speeds so that knights' turns do not take so much longer to complete than the other classes.

Leave a comment:

• DeathRiver
    replied
    @Athena: Have you ever wondered how much balens those Knights spent on reviving each WB?

Leave a comment:

• Athena-Nike
    replied
    Funny our server's WB is 5-7 knights in top 10 (and top 3-4 almost always knights) with 1 mage and a few archers sprinkled in hoping the top knights stay away

Leave a comment:

• Yuri54
    replied
    As I suspected, the ones who would be against this would be archers and mages who are afraid of losing an advantage. On my server, the only time you would see a knight in the top ten is if he is on balans. The 3 characters in the game are what they are....if a knight was so easy, you would see more of them instead archers or mages. With the reduction of the timer, it would be more work for the knight, but would help even things out when it comes to the WB.

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Good knights can get good gold from wb, weak...dont simple

Leave a comment:

• cammshane
    replied
    in my old server 318 if i remember correctly the top 10 for wb have been 5 knights,3 archers and 2 mages so what is the problem with the "WB Unfairness"

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    lol ***. can i nominate this as a candidate fore the weirdest suggestion of the year?
    yes you can lol

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    lol ***. can i nominate this as a candidate fore the weirdest suggestion of the year?

Leave a comment:

• uchihaSasky
    replied
    Good idea

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    no just no o_0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X