WB Unfairness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB Unfairness

I have been thinking about this for some time and the only way I can see to make things fair for the poor knight is to get rid of the revive timer for them and maybe make mages timer half of what it is now and keep the archers right where they are. I know there will always be the people with archers/mages that are going to cry, but when you consider that archers and mages to a lesser extent, gain more gold than knights (unless a knight is on balans) they can top out their guild training and astrals way faster than a knight can, its the only way I can see without trying to boost the knight or cut down the archers/mages.

no just no o_0

Comment

Good idea

Comment

lol ***. can i nominate this as a candidate fore the weirdest suggestion of the year?
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          lol ***. can i nominate this as a candidate fore the weirdest suggestion of the year?
          yes you can lol

Comment

in my old server 318 if i remember correctly the top 10 for wb have been 5 knights,3 archers and 2 mages so what is the problem with the "WB Unfairness"

Comment

Good knights can get good gold from wb, weak...dont simple

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

As I suspected, the ones who would be against this would be archers and mages who are afraid of losing an advantage. On my server, the only time you would see a knight in the top ten is if he is on balans. The 3 characters in the game are what they are....if a knight was so easy, you would see more of them instead archers or mages. With the reduction of the timer, it would be more work for the knight, but would help even things out when it comes to the WB.

Comment

Funny our server's WB is 5-7 knights in top 10 (and top 3-4 almost always knights) with 1 mage and a few archers sprinkled in hoping the top knights stay away

Comment

@Athena: Have you ever wondered how much balens those Knights spent on reviving each WB?
                    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

An archer friend of mine and I figured out the issue with knights and WB recently. I noticed that I consistently got more gold per round than he did, but he ended up with far more total gold than I did. The problem is not knight's damage output, particularly at the high end. With pve set and crit astrals, the knight does very well. The problem is that the knight animations are much slower than either of the other classes, so each turn takes more time than it takes an archer or mage. Thus the knight gets fewer turns per WB than the other classes.

So it's not really a balance issue. Knights do perfectly good WB damage, particularly because they can use 2 delphs per round every other round, which no other class can do. The issue is that r2 needs to adjust the animation speeds so that knights' turns do not take so much longer to complete than the other classes.

Comment

Originally posted by alhill View Post
                        Knights do perfectly good WB damage, particularly because they can use 2 delphs per round every other round, which no other class can do.
                        Heh. you are sadly mistaken.

Every class can easily attain an average of 1 delphic per round.
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Well, either way the issue remains that the key problem is the length of time the knight animations take.

Comment

Originally posted by alhill View Post
                            Well, either way the issue remains that the key problem is the length of time the knight animations take.
                            chose quicker skills then?

As a mage - meteor takes forever to cast. So I never use it in WB.

I only use lightning bolt - one of the faster skills. I take home a bit less but I get my round done quicker.
                            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                              chose quicker skills then?

As a mage - meteor takes forever to cast. So I never use it in WB.

I only use lightning bolt - one of the faster skills. I take home a bit less but I get my round done quicker.
                              My mage starts with Meteor since you cant double first hit anyway, then doubles RoF and Lightning the rest of the way and does pretty well. Knights are best off using slow skills to get max rewards then weak skills for a few more rounds, their rounds can be beastly with double delphics and double US's but its the balance, trade power for speed.

I still don't understand whats wrong with archers being better at WB, knights own archers in PvP later, mages own everyone in PvP so why is it wrong for archers to have their niche?

Comment

Working...
                              X