Guild battles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild battles

So at some point guild battles turn into who can kill the enemy WT faster.. holding mystery towers has absolutely no value, it only puts you behind on damage. So the team that does more damage per round obviously wins, and this brings up.. archers, again.
    I don't mind them having an advantage on WB, as that's personal gain and they need that edge to remain competitive in pvp. However, guild battles are team effort and once a guild has enough strong players they might start benching non-archers for obvious reasons unless they have a hefty BR advantage. Besides, not only do they have superior single target damage, but they also have freeze arrow, which lets them almost double their damage against it. Sure, mages got thunder, but its crazy unreliable and if it doesn't proc (half the time), you do twice less damage. Knights... well idk when was the last time I saw knights on the GB charts.
    Also, since it favors crit builds the same as WB, players that normally use WD have to switch astrals and end up being at a disadvantage if they're caught on the road.

Two options I see here (not exclusive ofc)
    - Increase tower hp based on players br (and give less points for damage done to it). Would make guild battles work the same on all levels and would actually make them interesting
    - Make WT immune to slow.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

I doubt if there are many guilds that have 50+ active players with so many archers where it comes down to destroying ward tower. Holding mystery tower does add value as each causes 175000 damage per tick. It matters a lot when guild battles are very close. Usually knights and mages are ones defending. We never ignore towers. There is also killing chariot factor. Anyways in new patch there is a damage boost given to players on holding mystery towers.

Comment

as you said, gm means teamwork, a team formed just with knights can easily defeat a team of only archers if they have a better teamwork. Yes the archers has better chances for the extra rewards in gb (top 10), but if you are talking about win/lose in gb, having many or less archers in the team doesn't really matters

Comment

I doubt if there are many guilds that have 50+ active players with so many archers where it comes down to destroying ward tower.
        Yeah I didn't mean literally 50 archers, but once you got your WT teams (if you decided to hold them) you would want to fill the rest with people that do the most damage, and that would mean archers can get in even with significant br disadvantage (again, assuming the guilds are very close and every bit matters).
        Also, didn't know mystery towers actually do damage to WT, thought it's just points. If that is the case and its getting boosted, that would be a welcome addition, although I'd rather have slightly longer battles.

a team formed just with knights can easily defeat a team of only archers if they have a better teamwork
        HOW? Knights will lose their WT long before they get the archers' down to 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
          HOW? Knights will lose their WT long before they get the archers' down to 50%.
          Hold all four towers and defend your WT.

Comment

You'd need like your entire team to actually make a wall thick enough to make it difficult to run through, and they can just use invulnerability and take down like half your WT health in 1 push.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
              Yeah I didn't mean literally 50 archers, but once you got your WT teams (if you decided to hold them) you would want to fill the rest with people that do the most damage, and that would mean archers can get in even with significant br disadvantage (again, assuming the guilds are very close and every bit matters).
              There won't even be any guilds with 25-30 archers with that good of BR who can out do better BR knights and mages. Usually on guild strengths when close, top 50 BR are picked.
              I am curious as to are there two guilds on any server with equal strength with close to 70-80 actives and GB is all about WT destroying?

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
                There won't even be any guilds with 25-30 archers with that good of BR who can out do better BR knights and mages. Usually on guild strengths when close, top 50 BR are picked.
                I am curious as to are there two guilds on any server with equal strength with close to 70-80 actives and GB is all about WT destroying?
                Yes,

The S195, S201, S211, S214, S224 Cluster. We've got Dreamers and Crusaers - both top-10 Cross-Server Guilds (East Cost) around 6.5 Million BR.

Guild Battles are an all-out rush to topple the Ward Towers. We don't hold other Towers. We have no problems taking out each other's Chariots anymore. Each side has at least 3-4 players who can do it and the guilds have learned to leave the Chariots for those players to engage.

Just today, our Guild Battle only lasted 13 Minutes. That includes both sides invoking the Blessing to heal the Ward Towers. So yes, we cut through 78 Million HP in under 15 minutes. Both sides do actually, as our Ward Tower HP are usually not far off one another.

I play a Mage, and my average run against the Ward Tower is around the 600k - 800k Damage Range. On a lucky run (w/ Illusion proccing on the Ward Tower big-hit), I'll manage 1.2 Mil Damage or more. My best was having Illusion go off twice - both on big hits, and totaling 1.88 Million Damage as my Sunto kept me going against hits from the tower for a while past the 2nd dodge.

Our top Archers all do 800k - 1M+ per run against the Ward Tower.

The only "strategy" people use - if you can even call it that - is to have mid-level Mage & Knight groups hang back and try to lock up the other side's top-10 players as they're coming at the Ward. It helps to buy some time throwing an immediate Apollo & Sunto along with Bubbles and Heals afterward. Purely Damage-Delay tactics.

Comment

Actually if you Hold all 4 towers, you get a damage bonus against your opponents ward tower.
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

i find some bug in guild batle, when we attack enemy tower, they tower take 0 damage. sems like invicble this is happend over and over again.

Comment

Yes friend, this is an old thread... with the upgrades, if you dont take and hold the towers you dont do damage... Zero, nadda... none at all, so you MUST take at least 1 or more towers or... you LOSE... makes it real hard when timezones mean limited numbers show, but it also means that thebigger guilds have to actually work a strategy and teams now instead of simply kill the ward...

Comment

you say you don't know the last time you saw a knight on the GB charts, Tell that to Tepen,Pipster,Ayaz and Skyrocks. All knights all in GB charts

Comment

Originally posted by Alunkkokotek View Post
                          i find some bug in guild batle, when we attack enemy tower, they tower take 0 damage. sems like invicble this is happend over and over again.
                          THis is not a bug, it is however a really clever design mechanism that makes the mystery towers extremely important. Here is how the mechanism works. If one team, team A, has occupied all four towers. Then all on team A gain 200% attack on enemy, team B, ward tower. At the same time Team B will do NO damage to team A's ward tower until they regain at least one mystery tower.

Comment

Working...
                          X