Trick to "remove" deep freeze or speed up suntoria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick to "remove" deep freeze or speed up suntoria

A trick to remove deep freeze in PvP is to use fast skills when you are slowed. When you are slowed, you can use your quickest skills in combination which usually means using a rune. For example, you're slowed by deep freeze, then you should use a skill + rune immediately after to remove an extra turn of being slowed.

The same trick works for suntoria, if you want to speed up your suntoria turns, use skills in combination, usually that means using up a rune.

The same thing will apply to curses such as bleed in a negative way if you speed up those turns.
    Wartune Tips and Guides:

Originally posted by qphantom View Post
    A trick to remove deep freeze in PvP is to use fast skills when you are slowed. When you are slowed, you can use your quickest skills in combination which usually means using a rune. For example, you're slowed by deep freeze, then you should use a skill + rune immediately after to remove an extra turn of being slowed.

The same trick works for suntoria, if you want to speed up your suntoria turns, use skills in combination, usually that means using up a rune.

The same thing will apply to curses such as bleed in a negative way if you speed up those turns.
    Funny thing is, df dont work on pvp,only in arena duels when u Fight with AI

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
      Funny thing is, df dont work on pvp,only in arena duels when u Fight with AI
      It works when your troops are dead (1v1), or in GA only 1 guy is left standing on both sides.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

it works 100% all time ... bud good player just use basic skill ( bolt, arrow , slasher ) and rune soo dp in pvp totaly useless .

Comment

Originally posted by Psxplayer View Post
          it works 100% all time ...
          No, it doesn't work 100% of the time in PvP.
          Know what you are talking about.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            It works when your troops are dead (1v1), or in GA only 1 guy is left standing on both sides.
            It only works if the opponent does not select any skill...

Comment

A poor skill if it relies on so many factors to work...
              S144
              Guild: 'Nightmare
              Level 80 Archer

Comment

df is mainly a PvE skill. or you can use it for targeting back rows if you dont have AP. the trick with suntoria is helpful though and can save your life. for example when you are about to die and not sure if the mage will heal in time you can use a rune or fast skills for the extra sunt heal

Comment

Cast speed reduction (DF of archers, Thunderer of mages, and some bosses in spire/mpds) works in pvp(against other human playres) alwasy. It reduces skill casting SPEED. It does nothing with skill usage frequency, it alters its speed. For instance, archers sniper skill takes 4 seconds(correct me if I wrong) to cast(from appearance of it above player until actual action started), under freeze effect it will consume 6 sec I think. That is that slowdown effect DF/Thunderer causes. Try to measure casting speed of ordinary archers Delfic, and Delfic under freeze.
                  Casting speed increment(for instance, in last boss of Samara MPD) works the same way: 4 seconds becomes 3 or like.
                  Yes, this effects are not notable when using fast skills, but on slow skill they may decide outcome of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FeyFre View Post
                    Cast speed reduction (DF of archers, Thunderer of mages, and some bosses in spire/mpds) works in pvp(against other human playres) alwasy. It reduces skill casting SPEED. It does nothing with skill usage frequency, it alters its speed. For instance, archers sniper skill takes 4 seconds(correct me if I wrong) to cast(from appearance of it above player until actual action started), under freeze effect it will consume 6 sec I think. That is that slowdown effect DF/Thunderer causes. Try to measure casting speed of ordinary archers Delfic, and Delfic under freeze.
                    Casting speed increment(for instance, in last boss of Samara MPD) works the same way: 4 seconds becomes 3 or like.
                    Yes, this effects are not notable when using fast skills, but on slow skill they may decide outcome of fight.
                    I dont know, i havent seen any difference( in case of DF) with either of my delphics, the only noticable difference comes when i auto attack and i guess delph's activation time is same as auto attack's(or even more) so if it did work it would have felt like it but i dont see any difference(or atleast not as big a difference while auto attacking anyway). Bottom line is that doesnt matter what skill u select, the difference is minimal if it even exists but it's a lot more if u dont select any skills and do auto attack instead.

Comment

Rune sometimes take 1 turn if ur slow.
                      ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
                      -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                      ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
                      (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

i always thought df didnt work in pvp,, but there seems to be a mixed opinion on this...

maybe someone could do some tests?

Comment

from my experience in pvp it only works on autoattacks

Comment

DF only works vs. Computer AI - which includes your default attack or AFK mode. Otherwise it does nothing in any form of PvP. This is why I won't do CW w/o a LB anymore (as some sacrifice LB, using default attacks for rage gain, to carry BL). I tried it and when hit by a Thunderer that procced slow on me, I only got 2 default attacks over the course of 4 rounds.

The whole Casting Speed / Runes thing mentioned above is valid for things like Sunto. You just need to know the casting speed of your powers, and when they go off.

For Mages, a LB is the fastest Power and can be followed by a Rune in the same round. Resto can also be followed by a Rune in the same round as well. Powers like RoF, Meteor, Sunto, Damnation aren't quick casts, and following them with a Rune will often cause the Rune to be a full-round action - but not always.

This I gather is from how actions take place in a round. It seems there's 2 action slots per round. Early & Late. LB early + Rune Late is 1 round. A RoF takes both round segments to cast, so if you lead into a clean round with a RoF then a Rune follow up will take place in the next round, and it seems Runes only quick-cast as "late" actions. However, if you do a LB to lead a round, and follow it with a RoF, then it will go off in the "early" phase of the next round and you can follow with a Rune in the "late" segment, making it seem like 2 powers went off in that round.

Then there's powers like Thunderer which always takes a full round + 1 segment of action, and it's timing can be tricky or you might lose a round. If one casts Thunderer in the early segment of a round, it will go off in the late segment of the next round, but if you cast it in the late segment of a round, it will go off in the early segment 2 rounds later. Now rounds switch over from one to the next based on when you and your troops complete actions, so if you've taken an early action, but your troops are still attacking, you're still in early and can cast a Thunderer which will go off next round. IF you cast in that same round still, but weren't quick enough to beat your troops attacks, you'll effectively lose a turn because of the casting duration.

The long and short of it, it doesn't really pay to sit back and delay casting. You want to spam your next action as the current one is completing as it can be the difference in getting an extra action or two per combat - which can make all the difference. Using default attack is never a good option over LB, even if you're adding a L2 BL or L4 Thunderer in it's stead.

Comment

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                              from my experience in pvp it only works on autoattacks
                              yes, slow debuffs affect "auto-attack" speed against live opponents. they always increase the amount of time it takes to auto-attack, but keep in mind, all slow effects don't actually occur until the very next action is taken by the target that is debuffed, and it remains for the turn after it disappears (i.e. DF is used on a player without a skill queued up, that player receives the debuff icon for 3 rounds' duration, they then auto-attack at normal speed for the first time, now, the debuff icon from DF says 2 rounds remaining, target still doesn't queue up a skill the entire time, so NOW they take twice as long to auto-attack for the 3 rounds following the initial auto-attack when DF was applied - yes, the slow effect remains for an extra round after the debuff icon is gone - this is also how it works in pve). if you doubt this, grab a friend, and duel them in an altar of ennoblement where you get your +60 stamina back and test it for yourselves.

*edit* deep freeze (and other slows) don't affect the speed at which runes are used from what I can tell
                              Last edited by SinnedWill; 10-10-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X