Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Taking advantage of WB lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking advantage of WB lag

I've recently been having a strange "issue" on world boss - while trying to pre-cast to avoid missing turns due to lag, I often end up not getting the animation of my auto attack or my templars' attacks (the damage is still there). This is actually quite handy as its slightly faster than if the animation was present. Today's WB was amazingly consistent in this regard, too - I did this on pretty much every attempt. Here's a video of what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wh7aur2ups

Anyone else had this happen?
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

All the time on certain bosses...lag makes the timing easier, but with practice you can do it almost any time

Comment

Well I'm talking specifically about missing animations, all I see his myself casting bolts, and my autoattacks and templar hits are "invisible".

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
        Well I'm talking specifically about missing animations, all I see his myself casting bolts, and my autoattacks and templar hits are "invisible".
        Why do you only combo with bolts? o.o

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
          Why do you only combo with bolts? o.o
          coz its fast . only think that help u vs archers . thunder and rof take longer 2 cast the seconds of rota add upp and a archer can do +1 more att att wb . I was doing thnder rota dmg is good bud archers ar 2 fast. + i notised some problem whit timing bolt after rof combo . Now i mastered bolt rota dont miss a single attack and on start using my delphic coz using float .

Comment

I have that all the time. Nothing to do with lag (in my case), just good timing.

Comment

coz its fast . only think that help u vs archers . thunder and rof take longer 2 cast the seconds of rota add upp and a archer can do +1 more att att wb . I was doing thnder rota dmg is good bud archers ar 2 fast. + i notised some problem whit timing bolt after rof combo . Now i mastered bolt rota dont miss a single attack and on start using my delphic coz using float .
              Yeah pretty much because its faster. I use delphic sometimes too, but I'm temporarily not using the pve set so I can't use it every time. I think its also a good idea to fit in extra thunderer if a templar decides to doublehit, but again need full pve for that.
              Also if you revive the shorter rounds matter even more (though it does end up costing more balens), I can get top 1-2 with revives currently.

Nothing to do with lag (in my case), just good timing.
              Well clearly templars aren't supposed to damage the boss with pure willpower, so I call lag on that.

Comment

Also if you revive the shorter rounds matter even more (though it does end up costing more balens), I can get top 1-2 with revives currently.

I thing if u using bales its beter 2 use them for 100% buff coz u get much more gold form that and its cheaper .

Comment

mages on my server do this consistently,,, they call it... wait for it... "speeding"... bad name imo... but thats beside the point..

they get top 10 every wb they attend.. they dont out-dps the monster archers, nor the guys who revive, but it yeilds some top results for them...

not sure what their skill rotation is.. but they just bolt and thunderer i believe.

Comment

Redoga posted a video of it 3 months ago. He called it Speedy Chimp Rotation. So this trick as been around a long time.

Comment

no idea, rarely have no animation lag.

I however does have casting graphic lag.... wish I had gotten the no animation lag instead...

BTW, I saw a fireball in that Redoga video, lol.

Comment

Been doing this for like… 4-5 months now, it's prolly the best rotation
                        Thundrer 5 speeded bolts.
                        As skribz said earlier (that you skrib eh?)

Se're countering archers dmg with speed, mages wont out dd the archers, so we have to rely on quick rounds
                        S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                        Mage: Existence (G.M)
                        BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

So I'm still not convinced that the "slightly faster" all bolt + auto rotation is better than what I'm using currently. You are getting 5 attacks (Bolt+auto) total from what I am seeing along with the opening Thunderer. My rotation does that for 1st round only then goes into the following: Open Thunderer/ auto + RoF/ auto + MD/ auto + RoF/ auto + MD/ auto + RoF (This rotation requires Templars in middle rank while you are in back for some reason that I don't thoroughly understand as well as 3 ranks in Momentum for the RoF/MD CDs to line up for constant casting and a PvE set)

So since this is ALSO 5 double attacks for a grand total of 16 hits on the WB I would say it does considerably more damage than the 11 hits from the bolt rotation. Time difference would only become really apparent with revives since a bolt rota would allow quite a few more full rounds against the WB as opposed to the minimal amount from not reviving. Currently with 27k base Matk and using just vouchers without reviving I can pull 9-11.5 million damage on a 389 million HP WB depending on how often I crit and how quickly the top person pours on the Inspiration. Also I regularly make 1st-6th depending on who is present and whether some of our lower level Archers decide to use Balens. I'll try to remember to make a video and post it here this weekend so everyone can decide for themselves.
                          Last edited by FarrelBrown; 10-12-2013, 12:11 AM.
                          Patryn
                          Twisted
                          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                            Well clearly templars aren't supposed to damage the boss with pure willpower, so I call lag on that.
                            I don't ever lag in fights and I do this type of hitting all the time. Call it what you will, in your case it might be lag, doesn't mean it is for others.

Comment

I thing if u using bales its beter 2 use them for 100% buff coz u get much more gold form that and its cheaper .
                              You should do both for maximum returns. Doing one wb with 100%+revives and one with nothing is better than doing one with 100% and one with revives.

I don't ever lag in fights and I do this type of hitting all the time. Call it what you will, in your case it might be lag, doesn't mean it is for others.
                              There's also server lag. I find it harder to do on the wolf, when fewer people are around.

Comment

Working...
                              X