2.0 – usa release date november 6. Includes all of china 2.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
    How does that set you behind in BR? Quite a few players on my server currently "camp" 64 but we still do catacombs, moon, and possibly ToK, so the only thing we're missing out on is exp and spire, neither of which affect your BR really. The players that kept leveling might get to do 70 stuff eventually, but it will be a veery long time before they get anything valuable out of it, not to mention most of them aren't even strong enough to handle 70 mpds.
    12+ Levels of Progression - just from Stats, Troops, Enlightenment, Academy & Blessing will get you 300+ BR / Level - so that's 3,600+ BR or so by pushing through the mid-high 70s. Then there's available equipment. The difference between a level 50 and level 60 PvE set is HUGE. You're talking around 8K BR in total from items plus innate Leveling BR to a tune of around 12,000+ BR. The L70 set is about another 8K - 10K bump when one manages that, and the L70 MP has no summoner, so there's no speed-acquitision of the Loids and Stones - you gotta grind.

And sure, one can camp Moon for 3-4 Months and get the L60 Set & LD Ranking while sitting L64, but why waste the time? Our guild (again, on server cluster 195, 201, 211, 214, 224) now has 10 people with full L60 Legendary Gear who've promoted to 70+ and are working on that set. A good 25+ more are L65+ working on the L60 set as well. A few (myself being one) have some L70 Gear (I've got both L70 Rings Legendary). What we've done is create a culture of help and leveling. We encourage players to start saving Skel Keys early. When they promote to L65, we help them clear DT Regular and they get an express-train to the DT NM summoner every night until they run out of keys or finish their sets. Takes a little over 3 weeks. Once a L60 PvE Set is done, hitting L70 and doing Lych Lair is fairly easy. Lych Lair NM gets a little tougher, but it's doable.

And I have to say, the results we've had speak for themselves. Just our guild has had 8 different players reach the CW Finals, including multiple top-30, top-20 and top-10 finishes over the past 2 CWs. Considering we've all started 4-6 months after most CW finalists did, that's pretty impressive. We have only 1 person who'd be considered a heavy casher. He's got L5 Stables, L36 Engraving and L9 Brutal Edge. I'm probably the next biggest spender (in the guild, not on the server) with having just gotten L3 Stables, L28 Engraving and L4 Brutal Edge - a fairly large gap. Our Guild is actually ranked in the top-10 Cross-Server BR at nearly 7 Million.

Do I get annoyed by Holy Seal? Sure I do - and it's a situation I've put myself in. Could I have just camped the L60s and just been finishing up my L60 Gear now all the while dumping a Billion or so XP in Talents? Sure. Would I do that now if I could do it all over again? Absolutely not. I don't play games to rule the 2nd tier, safely tucked away from the elite players. I play games to compete against the best, and I'm doing that now. Sure, I'm still gonna lose to the likes of Jeffhawk, Sinner, Malleus, etc.. But I've gotten to the point that I'm no walkover, and nothing makes me feel like I've done right as much as when the top-10 players on the cross-server rankings have to resort to using Holy Seal to beat me in the Battlegrounds .

Comment

• Originally posted by WargodsReturn View Post
      I'm confused by something else mentioned here... the posters admits that vouchers are being taken out and locked balens put in. why would locked balens be put in if auction house is the only way to earn them?
      You'll also earn them from your ToA, Guild Altar (Blessing) and Solo Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Eilistraee- View Post
        Dragons, dryad is available to the whoever that loses in a BG fight, irregardless of levels, HS level parity isn't. You are given a cap for each character level.
        which actually makes farming honor in BG easier. I believe that is what BG is for. BG isn't meant to be fair. HS is definitely OP now. Consider a EC 59 per kill who has to kill 7 people to get about 400 honor. Odds that he is at low hp after that much is pretty high after HS nerf and gets killed losing 400 honor. Farming honor would get tougher not impossible though. Help by people farm you when at lower level of bracket and farm others while at higher level.
        I can understand when it frustrates people on GA because there is no dryad or HP loss involved there.

Comment

• I thought this thread was regarding new patch info but turned out as HS discussion
          IGN: DrkKnight
          IGC: Knight
          Guild: AussieRage
          Server: Devil's Trail

Comment

• 1 turn stun of HS is pretty much useless.
            Its quite good if you hit during brutality, but yeah I guess it would be a lot more balanced if it took 1 turn to cast and stunned for 1 turn.

12+ Levels of Progression - just from Stats, Troops, Enlightenment, Academy & Blessing will get you 300+ BR / Level - so that's 3,600+ BR or so by pushing through the mid-high 70s. Then there's available equipment. The difference between a level 50 and level 60 PvE set is HUGE. You're talking around 8K BR in total from items plus innate Leveling BR to a tune of around 12,000+ BR. The L70 set is about another 8K - 10K bump when one manages that, and the L70 MP has no summoner, so there's no speed-acquitision of the Loids and Stones - you gotta grind.
            My point is that those who rush lvl 70 won't be able to do NM for a while anyway, and those that stayed at 64 till a (partially) completed 60 leg set can still get to 70 fast enough when they're ready to do NM. They might lose a month of crystaloids but it will be a long long time till that matters.

Maxing seal in 65-69 is a huge commitment though, not sure if I'm up to that since BGs won't matter one I get LD. Arenas are more important, but if HS gets nerfed it would be easier to overcome the stun with BR advantage.
            Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-19-2013, 11:44 AM.
            Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
            Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

• Originally posted by DrkKnight View Post
              I thought this thread was regarding new patch info but turned out as HS discussion
              welcome to the forums :P

Comment

• Originally posted by DrkKnight View Post
                I thought this thread was regarding new patch info but turned out as HS discussion
                I thought HS nerf was part of next patch after reading so many replies but OP doesn't mention any such thing. My apologies for deviating from topic.

Comment

• HS nerf + longer recast is a good thing, the abuse 70+ is tragic right now lol. About the rest of the possible updates, basically more grinding with more stuff to pay for and no auction house apparently, i was hoping to get the AH at least in the 2.0+ but well. . .

Still possible isnt it? i can dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                    HS nerf + longer recast is a good thing, the abuse 70+ is tragic right now lol. About the rest of the possible updates, basically more grinding with more stuff to pay for and no auction house apparently, i was hoping to get the AH at least in the 2.0+ but well. . .

Still possible isnt it? i can dream
                    AH will never come into english servers

Comment

• can u just explain tat bound balens thing for upcoming patch..

Comment

• Bound balens is balens that you can use for everything except: VIP cards, spirit covenant and items in the Hot tab in shop.

Comment

• i really like this awsome patch eeagerly w8tinf for this now now im really fell i love this gameClick image for larger version

Name:	34145-animated-love.gif
Views:	1
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1676551

Comment

• is hs really nerfed..should we stopped working on HS now

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishek786 View Post
                              is hs really nerfed..should we stopped working on HS now
                              When u get attacked by players above 100k+ BR It doesn't matter if u have high lvl HS it will just buy u some time but at last u will get killed that happens in 70+ BG

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                                welcome to the forums :P
                                Thanx bro it feel nice to come back