Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about computer generated users when one can't find a MP dungeon group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about computer generated users when one can't find a MP dungeon group?

I have 3 different characters on 3 different servers. The one thing I can not often seem to find is a group for the MP dungeons. If the server would auto-generate users of similar levels to populate the group if I sit there for 20 minutes after sending 10 system wide messages looking for someone to run it with me I could do the MP dungeon alone (or with < 4 people) and not get annoyed at the game. The code is already in place to auto-fight. The only thing that would need to be added would be logic to follow the players in non-combat mode and generating the computer characters. The latter logic would be pretty easy. If I'm a tank I'd need a healer and 2 dps. If I'm a dps, give me a tank, healer, dps. Etc.

I had this same problem with World of Warcraft. I need to do MP dungeons to get Crystaloids, but often can't find a group.

Originally posted by ChoMama View Post
    I have 3 different characters on 3 different servers. The one thing I can not often seem to find is a group for the MP dungeons. If the server would auto-generate users of similar levels to populate the group if I sit there for 20 minutes after sending 10 system wide messages looking for someone to run it with me I could do the MP dungeon alone (or with < 4 people) and not get annoyed at the game. The code is already in place to auto-fight. The only thing that would need to be added would be logic to follow the players in non-combat mode and generating the computer characters. The latter logic would be pretty easy. If I'm a tank I'd need a healer and 2 dps. If I'm a dps, give me a tank, healer, dps. Etc.

I had this same problem with World of Warcraft. I need to do MP dungeons to get Crystaloids, but often can't find a group.
    the problem might be that you just have very low br for the dungeon you want to do and thats why nobody wants to do them with you ^^

truth hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Winlander View Post
      the problem might be that you just have very low br for the dungeon you want to do and thats why nobody wants to do them with you ^^

truth hurts
      or dead servers

Comment

Yeah, because I trust R2 programmers to code competent AI companions for me. As seen in summoner fights and ToK, when they brilliantly fire off scatter and puri for absolutely no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
          Yeah, because I trust R2 programmers to code competent AI companions for me. As seen in summoner fights and ToK, when they brilliantly fire off scatter and puri for absolutely no good reason.
          If they program any better, your daily ToK may take up to an hour or more to complete, instead of 10 minutes.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
          X