Holy Charm or Pristine Fortitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Charm or Pristine Fortitude

I recently lost my refined fortitude astral by mistake. Luckily I was close to the Pristine one. I just made it to 7k and got the astral. Also, I did get the holy charm astral (first red one for me). It currently has 5190 exp. Should I give it up for my pristine fortitude or should I keep it. PS: My luck is ***** with astrals. So most likely it won't come by again.
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Name:Illuminatic
    Server:
    250 Willow Brook
    Character: Mage
    Level: 64
    Battle Rating: 103,722
    Guild: OverKill

Charm is the last astral to be used ever .
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

There's really no reason to use charm unless you're struggling in catacombs.

Don't ever waste points on orange astrals that have a red version. Will destroyer and goddess blessing are pretty important so you can spend 7k on them, but otherwise save 15k for reds. Also at your BR you really should invest more into astrals I think.
      Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
      Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

you can keep charm for 60+ as an extra - fortitude as priority as far as im concerned as theirs alot of knights with whirlwind now then in the past and archers that use lunatic fire.
        Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

Keep both! Once you're in the 60s range, as long as Knights and Archers you're fighting aren't packed with 22k+ Patk, they'll take at least 3 attacks for each of your Templars when you have about 2300+ troops.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

... I am in 70+ with not even 2k troop count.. with LD... where did I go wrong o_O

Comment

and everyone missed the point. QUestion is: Should I use the charm to give my fortitude astral (currently 0 exp) 5190 exp or should I keep my charm and use my fortitude as it is.

Name:Illuminatic
              Server:
              250 Willow Brook
              Character: Mage
              Level: 64
              Battle Rating: 103,722
              Guild: OverKill

Comment

Keep both! Once you're in the 60s range, as long as Knights and Archers you're fighting aren't packed with 22k+ Patk, they'll take at least 3 attacks for each of your Templars when you have about 2300+ troops.
                I always do brut-rof-md-bl so they have to kill the troops again ;p
                And this way charm doesn't really do all that much since heal amount doesn't depend on their hp. Against knights use resto on them as well, can't face that delphic alone.

and everyone missed the point. QUestion is: Should I use the charm to give my fortitude astral (currently 0 exp) 5190 exp or should I keep my charm and use my fortitude as it is.
                Oh, well, you can do fine without charm, there are always better astrals to use. 5k exp is around 2.5 mil gold, so the answer depends on how much you make every day.
                Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-16-2013, 02:33 PM.
                Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatic-S250 View Post
                  5K exp is not that much. Keep it and use fortitude. And try to lv up in the next few days.
                  Personally I would feed charm into fortitude cos i don't use that astral ever not even at lv 70 but you said you're unlucky so.. up to you XD
                  :o Bacon FTW :o
                  Kabam s1- Mage
                  Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                    ... I am in 70+ with not even 2k troop count.. with LD... where did I go wrong o_O
                    You didn't, since most people with LD and without a Holy Charm wouldn't even get to 1700.

How would you not understand everyone is saying that you should keep both? d07.RiV also said that Fortitude shoud be your priority.
                    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I recently lost my refined fortitude astral by mistake. Luckily I was close to the Pristine one. I just made it to 7k and got the astral. Also, I did get the holy charm astral (first red one for me). It currently has 5190 exp. Should I give it up for my pristine fortitude or should I keep it. PS: My luck is ***** with astrals. So most likely it won't come by again.
                      1. You shouldn't have exchanged star points for any gold astral which has it's red version (like someone above said).
                      2. How many PDEF points did you lose? If the diffference is like 800 points and you can earn at least 2-3M a day, you can keep both astrals and that charm may eventually be useful for CW (although, you'd probably find some more useful astrals in the future).

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        You didn't, since most people with LD and without a Holy Charm wouldn't even get to 1700.

How would you not understand everyone is saying that you should keep both? d07.RiV also said that Fortitude shoud be your priority.
                        Actually, he probably didn't get lvl 10 charisma guild skill. I don't use charm nor have charisma gems or stats. I have 2.2k+ troop count with my LD medal at lvl 78...(includes 200% academy blessing of course...need to try and slow the growth of my kyanite...)
                        IGN: Athena
                        Guild: Warriors
                        Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                        Class: Archer
                        Difficulty Level: Noob
                        BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I really don't understand how this got so complicated.

Yes, use your charm to give another astral exp. Charm is NEVER worth it to sacrifice a slot better suited to other astrals.
                          I know people say it gives enemies an extra turn etc to kill your troops but you yourself will be gimped far more than the buff done to your troops.

The only time a charm astral is good is when you're level 25 with a red lvl 5+ astral. THEN it makes a good difference. Anything else, it's a liability.
                          Player Class: Archer
                          Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                            I really don't understand how this got so complicated.

Yes, use your charm to give another astral exp. Charm is NEVER worth it to sacrifice a slot better suited to other astrals.
                            I know people say it gives enemies an extra turn etc to kill your troops but you yourself will be gimped far more than the buff done to your troops.

The only time a charm astral is good is when you're level 25 with a red lvl 5+ astral. THEN it makes a good difference. Anything else, it's a liability.
                            Actually its good against knights. Every extra turn you have against a knight helps you to kill one. Especially as an archer/mage fighting knights, you'll want the knight to keep wasting their hits on your troops while you quickly kill off theirs and focus on killing them. Unless you have a 7 - 10k patk advantage on them and your pdef is only a few k behind theirs or even same, then charm would be pretty useless since you can easily kill them without it...
                            IGN: Athena
                            Guild: Warriors
                            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Class: Archer
                            Difficulty Level: Noob
                            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Someone said you can't get to 1.7k troop count even with LD med.

I don't have charm astral, any charm gem or bonus in item stats (refinements). My guild skill charm is lvl. 4. I'm lvl. 66 with EC med. My troop count is 1692.

Comment

Working...
                              X