Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Before you go "QQ more" or "Do you want a one shot skill too?" or "You suck" I'm just giving my view on the subject, feel free to give advice to my problem.

Anyway this is how I view the other two classes Archer and Mage.

Archer - High crit, high physical damage, sometimes can attack twice to a knight's one ability in arenas...
    They also can obtain same amount of health and defense as Knight's while packing harder hits cause of their high crit rate.

Mage - High damage due to magical damage being reduced on every single item you can get... High damage AoE ontop of that.
    They also can obtain high amounts of health and defense and obliterate people with magic power.

Yes you can stack magical defense, you can stack physical. It's hard to get to a balance where one class won't just wipe you out.
    However... my complaint is that both classes have a high chance of blowing a Knight's face in.

Don't get me wrong I have a 13,458 battle score and I'm in the top 10 ranks on the PvP battle roster, and the number 1 on it is a Knight as well. He's in my guild and has admitted spending HUNDREDS of dollars to get to that strong though.

My problem is rangers with 10,000 gear scores can pummel my face in, Mages can obliterate me cause I can't have health and defense and magic defense and damage at all high levels unless I do what my other Knight friend does.

The top PvP ranks are all held by Archers and Mages mostly and normally you can tell when one class has a slight disadvantage when there's 2 for every 30 mages and archers in the rank list.

Anyway, any suggestions on what I could possibly do maybe? I don't know. I'm just getting annoyed and had to vent here.

Side Notes: Yes I know Knight's get a shield, it gets eaten through fast and you'd think it'd give them the time they need to step up their game... it only helps sometimes. Anyway.. Knight is supposed to be a tank, yet I feel like everyone's a damn tank and I'm just a side jockey people stick in front while they do better damage output than me.

i couldn't agree with you more.
    i saw an archer have higher defense then me and i'm using better gear, and he's using crappy gear! And i'm using 3x pdef gems and he's only using one low lvl pdef gem! same level too! super hacks!

Comment

Hacks, hacks everywhere! But no really, the point is Knight's are supposed to be TANKS it even says so when you go to pick them... so hey I was like I'ma be a tank, I'll take more damage than others! LOL! Nope, everyone's a tank just not "designated" the tank. Oh and Mages get heal, forgot to mention that. Paladin ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by DragoNzor View Post

Archer - High crit, high physical damage, sometimes can attack twice to a knight's one ability in arenas...
        It's a skill that attacks twice because each attack has weaker base damage then a normal hit so if that's what you are talking about that's why otherwise I have no clue where you thought that was true.

The top PvP ranks are all held by Archers and Mages mostly and normally you can tell when one class has a slight disadvantage when there's 2 for every 30 mages and archers in the rank list.
        Generally damage dealers have better ranks in pvp for that because of more damage but compare it to pve parts like the cats where on my server the top 10 are 7 knights so you can't compare only one side.
        Last edited by Chompman; 08-28-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbingo View Post
          i couldn't agree with you more.
          i saw an archer have higher defense then me and i'm using better gear, and he's using crappy gear! And i'm using 3x pdef gems and he's only using one low lvl pdef gem! same level too! super hacks!
          There are other bonuses you might not see like guild buffs.

Try refining your gear for more defense and higher block as that's something knights use more then the others I have seen for extra defense.

Comment

yeah did the lvl 30 dungeon and we had a lvl 30 archer tank instead of me ( a lvl 32 knight) super sad... the post starter guy is right. seems like every class can tank. which makes knights obsolete.

Comment

Let me clarify the double attack thing I was mentioning.

Archers seem to perform their skills faster sometimes giving them double strikes... In the arena almost every single battle I'll use an ability and they'll use two abilities before my ability goes off. With their crits and damage and being a tank like a Knight, I can't afford for them to take two turns to my one.

As far as guild buffs go, don't they generally show up on the overall stats board? I have level 3 Power and Defense and level 2 Stamina. Also I have level 30 buffs in defense and physical attack in the Academy.

The mentioning of block... is it really worth sacrificing other stats for such a stat? Yes I know of the talent that allows healing 50% chance at my level for 4% health if block, but I'd have to sacrifice a lot of another stat for a lot of block... which still may not happen enough to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbingo View Post
                yeah did the lvl 30 dungeon and we had a lvl 30 archer tank instead of me ( a lvl 32 knight) super sad... the post starter guy is right. seems like every class can tank. which makes knights obsolete.
                If a tank rolls the right skills and gear they are able to make better tanks but what they really need is some kind of taunt skill to bring more aggro to them to make them become tanks as right now anyone can get attacked in many cases.

Comment

The mentioning of block... is it really worth sacrificing other stats for such a stat? Yes I know of the talent that allows healing 50% chance at my level for 4% health if block, but I'd have to sacrifice a lot of another stat for a lot of block... which still may not happen enough to matter.
                  What stats do you want then?

Other then pdef, mdef, and hp this is what you can use to help but unless they reduce the damage warriors do as they can dish out a lot of damage also to a single target usually then giving them a bunch of extra defense would make it unbalanced.

Comment

it's easy just go make a knight lvl him/her up a bit go arena and you will see what he's talking about amongst other things

Comment

Reduce the damage Knight's do? We don't have tons of crit chance or magical based attacks. We do damage, but not nearly as well as other classes cause they were dubbed DPS CLASSES, but they have the ability to be THE TANK as well. Which is stupid that they get both world's and Knight's don't.

Comment

Its just basically a bad class design.....archers have same def as knights in some cases and knights have same attack as archer in some cases....and for the mage, since the other classes dont get very good mdef, they are very good at dealing samage. Here's what i would do: increase archer damage and decrease their defense&hp; increase knights hp&def tremendously but also scale down their damage some....as for mages, i see them as the armor penetrating class due to the fact that no other class has matk.....i dont quite know what to do for this class without a full game redesign lol but decrease their defense definatly or otherwise increase their damage a little and decrease their hp alot.......actually i just thought of something....maybe decrease the hp of other classes for the armor penetration deal.....idk these are just specualtions/suggestions to make the classes more unique....i dont think one class is op or up, they just are all very similar. And the one thing that irritates me most when fighting knights (i am an archer) is that when im fighting a lower level, weaker knight (after our troops are killed) and its just 1v1, he has less than half health and i have full, he casts the damage rebound thing and i kill myself lol. Note: the class redesign ideas are for base stats and stats gained afetr leveling)

Comment

Honestly, the block mechanic itself should be buffed. That should fix some of the imbalance.

Successfully blocking should both negate criticals and reduce damage.

Comment

Another note: the archer damage increase is so that they are more dps and less tank and the def&hp reductions help with that as well

Comment

Originally posted by R23024052 View Post
                              he casts the damage rebound thing and i kill myself lol.
                              And that's another thing warriors ned to use against high damage dealers.

Comment

Working...
                              X