Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DragoNzor View Post
    Reduce the damage Knight's do? We don't have tons of crit chance or magical based attacks. We do damage, but not nearly as well as other classes cause they were dubbed DPS CLASSES, but they have the ability to be THE TANK as well. Which is stupid that they get both world's and Knight's don't.
    They can be both like many games do where they can either be tanks and lower attack or damage dealers but lower defense.

I have seen many knights use the 2nd mode in pvp and with certain other skills it can work.

Comment

Originally posted by R23024052 View Post
      Its just basically a bad class design
      It does seem odd how the game does it but unless there is a taunt skill for knights it will be a issue as they can't prevent the glass cannons from getting killed very often then right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
        Honestly, the block mechanic itself should be buffed. That should fix some of the imbalance.

Successfully blocking should both negate criticals and reduce damage.
        Yeah, i havnt seen very much blocking either that should help quite abit

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbingo View Post
          it's easy just go make a knight lvl him/her up a bit go arena and you will see what he's talking about amongst other things
          That's like saying to roll a archer and try to solo a dungeon as him being upfront to take more damage.

Knights work much better in that situation if they use the right gear and skills and they are doing much better in the cats because they are working right in those cases.

You can't have everything so if your only concern is pvp then they may not be your best pick for solo pvp but for team pvp they can distract enough damage usually to help the others.

Comment

No i agree with them, my knight does just fine, but they are a bit unbalanced... IMO i think the mages are a bit op i've lost to mages that have 1600-2k less battle score than me... im on ibalize and im in the top 150 of ranking/server, and my stats are well balanced b4 you Give me tips on my char. I just feel like its an uphill battle some times when the mages get a 2:1 atk/hit compared to me and archers with 500-600 less Patk are criting for 4500 vs my 2800-3k. i just dunno. but the game is new so i'm sure balances are to come.
            Last edited by Spooky_kabookie; 08-29-2012, 02:14 AM.

Comment

This game is all gear based any class can be a beast if they refine their gear right and of course spend cash. On my server the #1 character is a knight with 19k battle rating 7k patk and 18k hp.

Comment

I play in top rank fights. The 200 damage rebound is a waste of a cast cause that won't do anything and you just last the damage you could of dealt that turn. I've seen Mages and Archers upfront in many situations cause they can ALL TANK. So sure, I can go make and Archer and tank things but I won't cause I put so much time into my Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky_kabookie View Post
                  No i agree with them, my knight does just fine, but they are a bit unbalanced... IMO i think the mages are a bit op i've lost to mages that have 1600-2k less battle score than me... im on iblaze and im in the top 150 of ranking/server, and my stats are well balanced b4 you Give me tips on my char. I just feel like its an uphill battle some times when the mages get a 2:1 atk/hit compared to me and archers with 500-600 less Patk are criting for 4500 vs my 2800-3k. i just dunno. but the game is new so i'm sure balances are to come.
                  Mages are pretty much built to kill Knights, unless you stack nothing but MDEF. They sit behind troops, so the fully melee knight can't reach them for a long time (unlike Rangers or other Mages who can AoE or hit them behind troops).

And now that I think about it, Rangers are built to kill Mages due to Mages terrible PDEF and the fact that they can snipe them while ignoring troops.

The only missing link in the

Ranger > Mage > Knight > Ranger

triangle is the fact that Rangers aren't really weak against Knights.

Comment

It depends on skills too, of course if you dont have rebound and shield and went FULL dps our (yes our, i am an archer <3) tankiness is almost the same, the difference is that we have better attack skills but we dont have tank skills like warrior's heal for each block and so on. Dragonzor is right, sometime we attack twice against other classes, still didnt understand why though. Last thing, i lose to knights who are full tanky, that rebound hurts for 500 for every multishot and that shield makes me lose even more time (and health) and since they recover 10 rage each turn there's no wonder if at some point i get a Special skill in my face.

Comment

im a knight too and i couldn't agree more i get roll over by rangers and i got a decent gears. and purple astrals. Patk/Pdef/Crit and i still lose.... knight needs a stun or something.
                      Crystal Saga-Server: Shine of ariel
                      IGN: (S38)Hotshotgg (Am Hybrid)
                      Lvl: 76
                      Pet:Tekka,SuperDemon,and Baby Angel :P

"You can kill me over and over, but i'll still get up and fight ! "
                      Wartune-Temple of Ibalize
                      IGN: Ace4LifeZ (Knight)
                      LvL: 40

Comment

Originally posted by N3f3rtiti View Post
                        It depends on skills too, of course if you dont have rebound and shield and went FULL dps our (yes our, i am an archer <3) tankiness is almost the same, the difference is that we have better attack skills but we dont have tank skills like warrior's heal for each block and so on. Dragonzor is right, sometime we attack twice against other classes, still didnt understand why though. Last thing, i lose to knights who are full tanky, that rebound hurts for 500 for every multishot and that shield makes me lose even more time (and health) and since they recover 10 rage each turn there's no wonder if at some point i get a Special skill in my face.
                        that block only gives 4% hp.. not even high enough.

Comment

stop talking about unfair archers whe have such a terreble aiming skills if you have to kill a group you always shoot the one whit the highest hp while the rest simply murders you in arenas whe have to kill about 3 wich isent that big of a problem and the knight has some skill too that i would die to have like rebound and a big shield thats how you beat the archers the mages are the only one whit magic damage wich just kills both archer and knight but the amge has such a terreble phys defense
                          knights are tanks but you all want more you already got the nicest skills
                          whe archers are strong whit nice double hit skills but whe always shoot the wrong target
                          mages have alot of magic attack and they can just kill groups of 6 persons
                          thats how it is

Comment

knight shield ain't that good you can pop it if the archer use multiple shot or crits.. PvP wise archer is op.

Comment

I do believe that knights can be very usefull in mp arena (the 20% reduction bonus in really something) but still i think they lack alittle bit of tankiness. The knights MDEF is the worst amoung all classes due to the equipment design. I would really see some passive to +MDEF. Also what i see when ppl talking about knights is the block - well knights don't have any passives for +block rate and that means every class can obtain the same block values as knights. Only difference is +4% HP after block knights have - pretty nice i would say. Well it can be too early to say that knights are underpowered because everything can change after certain lvl. Right now, under lvl40, they seem to be lacking some special magic field they are exceptionally good at imho.

Cheers

Comment

One thing you haven't mentioned but I am sure you looked into.. Astrals. Astrals make a huge difference in this game and can be the cause of many Slaughter House fights. As a Knight Def Astrals and HP Astrals make a world of difference. As for Archers... I play one and when in PvE I usually go with Pdef/Crit/pAtk. But when I go to arena I switch them out. I go with lvl 5 Patck ( Overlords battalions/Purple) Mass Damage Reduction. ( Solarias Light lvl 5/orange and Blessed Soul lvl 5/Purple. ) And the Defense ones make a HUGE difference. -10% to all damage received and around -200 All damage values. This is just my build but others have a lot better ones. And I have noticed with my PvE Astrals I can barely crack top 40. But with my Defense Build I can crack top 20 every day. ( 14 being my best showing) So yes. Knights are supposed to be tanks. But with so many variables.. Gems, Gears, Enhancements, Astrals, Guild Buffs, researches, ect. Some Archers and Mages have the ability to be a lot better tanks.
                                Crystal Saga
                                CarnivorousX
                                Celestial Palace
                                Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                                Guild Edan

WarTune
                                Temple of Ibalize
                                Archer Lvl 4x
                                Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Working...
                                X