Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragoNzor
    replied
    I play in top rank fights. The 200 damage rebound is a waste of a cast cause that won't do anything and you just last the damage you could of dealt that turn. I've seen Mages and Archers upfront in many situations cause they can ALL TANK. So sure, I can go make and Archer and tank things but I won't cause I put so much time into my Knight.

Leave a comment:

• Daigon
    replied
    This game is all gear based any class can be a beast if they refine their gear right and of course spend cash. On my server the #1 character is a knight with 19k battle rating 7k patk and 18k hp.

Leave a comment:

• Spooky_kabookie
    replied
    No i agree with them, my knight does just fine, but they are a bit unbalanced... IMO i think the mages are a bit op i've lost to mages that have 1600-2k less battle score than me... im on ibalize and im in the top 150 of ranking/server, and my stats are well balanced b4 you Give me tips on my char. I just feel like its an uphill battle some times when the mages get a 2:1 atk/hit compared to me and archers with 500-600 less Patk are criting for 4500 vs my 2800-3k. i just dunno. but the game is new so i'm sure balances are to come.
    Last edited by Spooky_kabookie; 08-29-2012, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrbingo View Post
    it's easy just go make a knight lvl him/her up a bit go arena and you will see what he's talking about amongst other things
    That's like saying to roll a archer and try to solo a dungeon as him being upfront to take more damage.

Knights work much better in that situation if they use the right gear and skills and they are doing much better in the cats because they are working right in those cases.

You can't have everything so if your only concern is pvp then they may not be your best pick for solo pvp but for team pvp they can distract enough damage usually to help the others.

Leave a comment:

• R23024052
    replied
    Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
    Honestly, the block mechanic itself should be buffed. That should fix some of the imbalance.

Successfully blocking should both negate criticals and reduce damage.
    Yeah, i havnt seen very much blocking either that should help quite abit

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by R23024052 View Post
    Its just basically a bad class design
    It does seem odd how the game does it but unless there is a taunt skill for knights it will be a issue as they can't prevent the glass cannons from getting killed very often then right now.

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by DragoNzor View Post
    Reduce the damage Knight's do? We don't have tons of crit chance or magical based attacks. We do damage, but not nearly as well as other classes cause they were dubbed DPS CLASSES, but they have the ability to be THE TANK as well. Which is stupid that they get both world's and Knight's don't.
    They can be both like many games do where they can either be tanks and lower attack or damage dealers but lower defense.

I have seen many knights use the 2nd mode in pvp and with certain other skills it can work.

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by R23024052 View Post
    he casts the damage rebound thing and i kill myself lol.
    And that's another thing warriors ned to use against high damage dealers.

Leave a comment:

• R23024052
    replied
    Another note: the archer damage increase is so that they are more dps and less tank and the def&hp reductions help with that as well

Leave a comment:

• LordMagus
    replied
    Honestly, the block mechanic itself should be buffed. That should fix some of the imbalance.

Successfully blocking should both negate criticals and reduce damage.

Leave a comment:

• R23024052
    replied
    Its just basically a bad class design.....archers have same def as knights in some cases and knights have same attack as archer in some cases....and for the mage, since the other classes dont get very good mdef, they are very good at dealing samage. Here's what i would do: increase archer damage and decrease their defense&hp; increase knights hp&def tremendously but also scale down their damage some....as for mages, i see them as the armor penetrating class due to the fact that no other class has matk.....i dont quite know what to do for this class without a full game redesign lol but decrease their defense definatly or otherwise increase their damage a little and decrease their hp alot.......actually i just thought of something....maybe decrease the hp of other classes for the armor penetration deal.....idk these are just specualtions/suggestions to make the classes more unique....i dont think one class is op or up, they just are all very similar. And the one thing that irritates me most when fighting knights (i am an archer) is that when im fighting a lower level, weaker knight (after our troops are killed) and its just 1v1, he has less than half health and i have full, he casts the damage rebound thing and i kill myself lol. Note: the class redesign ideas are for base stats and stats gained afetr leveling)

Leave a comment:

• DragoNzor
    replied
    Reduce the damage Knight's do? We don't have tons of crit chance or magical based attacks. We do damage, but not nearly as well as other classes cause they were dubbed DPS CLASSES, but they have the ability to be THE TANK as well. Which is stupid that they get both world's and Knight's don't.

Leave a comment:

• Mrbingo
    replied
    it's easy just go make a knight lvl him/her up a bit go arena and you will see what he's talking about amongst other things

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by DragoNzor View Post
    The mentioning of block... is it really worth sacrificing other stats for such a stat? Yes I know of the talent that allows healing 50% chance at my level for 4% health if block, but I'd have to sacrifice a lot of another stat for a lot of block... which still may not happen enough to matter.
    What stats do you want then?

Other then pdef, mdef, and hp this is what you can use to help but unless they reduce the damage warriors do as they can dish out a lot of damage also to a single target usually then giving them a bunch of extra defense would make it unbalanced.

Leave a comment:

• Chompman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrbingo View Post
    yeah did the lvl 30 dungeon and we had a lvl 30 archer tank instead of me ( a lvl 32 knight) super sad... the post starter guy is right. seems like every class can tank. which makes knights obsolete.
    If a tank rolls the right skills and gear they are able to make better tanks but what they really need is some kind of taunt skill to bring more aggro to them to make them become tanks as right now anyone can get attacked in many cases.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X