Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Share your CW build (mage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedAriesValorgirl View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]59682[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59684[/ATTACH] since for a mage its all about the last heal i would suggest bolt rof sun heal bl rage rune if lvl high or blood and heal runes what u want to accomplish is not defeat since a good mage fight lasts but u want to heal right b4 match end to win
    I find the Rage Rune is unnecessary in CW. I'm always sitting at 50+ Rage throughout and I'd much rather run Purge. A good Sunto heals a Mage for 30k - 40k HP, not to mention makes troops a nusiance when one only runs a single AoE. When you can dispel that, you put a _huge_ dent in their healing, especially when they only run Sunto & Resto for heals. Blood is a must since it, at the worst, forces your opponent to waste a turn casting a fairly slow Puri, or at best does tens of thousands of damage .

I'm surprised there's not many player's running Purge. I love it personally, however, I've yet to encounter anyone use it against me.

Although, I did run into one person who led off with Rage & Delphic Hell Thunder 1st Turn and did RoF the next. That was fairly impressive - clearing my L78 troops in 2 shots. It even stunned me a turn. But they didn't run Puri and my Blood / Purge combo took em out since they didn't have a Sunto to counteract the Bleed.

Comment

I agree if you can use purge to kill a fresh suntoria it is very good and I've seen it used by quite some mages, but once you know your enemy has purge/blood it can be countered pretty easily. Also, you take a chance at using the rune since you might not come accross an enemy that has suntoria (I've seen mages ditch sunt for BL to counter the possibility of fighting a purge rune mage).

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
        I'm surprised there's not many player's running Purge. I love it personally, however, I've yet to encounter anyone use it against me.
        Not now perhaps, but don't be surprised to find it more in use in future CWs. Mages learn fast from each other after all, and I can see some potentially interesting use of it.

During the first CW, it was mostly about 'I have no idea how this works, so let's see what I can do'. Bleed Rune was used to great effect in CW 2 by a small minority of Mages who realised it's potential. It led to the majority of Mages carrying it (and Puri) for CW 3 and 4.

For this 5th CW, I'm hearing from others of an increase in the use of Chaos and Amnesia Runes. Granted it's not available to the majority of the population (or at least not easily accessible), I'm willing to bet that it will replace Heal/Brute as an option for the top Mages (the other being Bleed obviously) in the next couple of CWs to come.
        Last edited by FrostieTheSnowman; 10-20-2013, 05:34 AM.
        [S1] Temple of Ibalize
        Frostie
        Mage
        VictisHNR

Comment

Ofc not because the majority don't have purge, otherwise it would be very widely used to the point that people would start dropping sunto.
          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

So after trying to ditch out as much information as possible from you guys before the CW i ended up on +20 points compared to last month

No big success i have to admit.

What was biggest issue for me this month was definetly super high level templars (76+) where i was only with rof and i didnt kill them even after 3 AOE's. Suntoria healing them for 5+k Health made them impossible to kill before the 50% dmg boost. Than i had delayed blood rune which caused even more trouble to use the blood again before the 100% timer.

Therefore i swapped mine ilusion astral for last few matches with level 6 red charm and i can definetly say that its a major pain in the *** for the opponent.

Since i had BL in my skills i would use it before the 50% boost making them last another 1-2 aoe's.

So if i have to make toplist of biggest 5 trouble's was:

- strong troops
            - puri on enemy mage
            - crit mages (i knew i should have leveled up my guardian)
            - purge rune
            - lag (i know its not general but my lag really screwed up 2 matches)

If i had enough cash i would definetly go for crit build which is simply owning anyone with heal strat. Having level 10 brutality and rof meteor thund gives you no time to deal dmg but only heal and heal which in the long end is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
              If i had enough cash i would definetly go for crit build which is simply owning anyone with heal strat. Having level 10 brutality and rof meteor thund gives you no time to deal dmg but only heal and heal which in the long end is not enough.
              It's true that crit can work very well in CW. However, it will work only if you have:

1) High enough MATK
              2) Enough crit

It's no using having plenty of crit when you only have 20k MATK (for example) while I beat you out with 25k. Also, you had best ensure that you have enough crit to see those red numbers at least once every other hit. Remember - while EWD works for every single shot while equipped, your shiny L10 Determination isn't going to do anything for you if you just don't crit.
              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
              Frostie
              Mage
              VictisHNR

Comment

Thats why i said that if i was cashing enough.

My idea for cashing is as you said around 25k M atk and i think 4.5+k crit would do the job.

Fully buffed for CW i had 24k M atk but my crit sucks (converted all my crit gems for M def )

But since my determination and focus are not too high having crit for this CW was unthinkable...

If you are not around 90-100k BR you simply have to risk in CW or getting into finals becomes extremely hard.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  The real fun question is if anyone has ever considered going without Lightning Bolt.
                  I do this in BG now. With BL, rof, meteor, resto and sunto. It helps a LOT against archers as the randomness of their attacks makes it really difficult to target yourself for healing with resto. I do use a rage rune next to my brut rune, but auto-attack gives you 14 rage with the pve set so you give up a little damage and 4 rage on lb attack for an extra skill, well worth it IMO.

Did it also for CW, went quite well but forgot to pot (doh) so only ended up with 10 wins. Used puri instead of LB (with resto, sunto, rof meteor)

Comment

Working...
                  X