Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Share your CW build (mage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cw was good expect the fact i got to fight people on lv 65+ took me forever to kill troops thus losing -_-

Comment

Average results, but i'm pleased with my performance.
      Mage
      L80 DSW
      IMDE

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
        How many points did you get ginger?

so on par with previous performances.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Autopilot = 670 glory not bad for me
          Last edited by miQQQs; 10-17-2013, 05:39 PM.

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

OK.
            A few tactitc.

Generaly you meet mages in CW who uses these set of skills. lightening, ROF, metheor, restorat and suntoria. They want to outheal the other mage. This is only a strategy and it is not better or worst as the other possibilites. Than it is damage orientated mages (lightening, thudner, resto, or suntoria ROF and metheor. They will destroy you wery quickly. Once again this strateg is not better or worst than the other. What counts is how you use your skills in a battle and how can you adapt to oponent skills. About runes a lot of mages uses brutality and bleed. Higher the level of bleed more damage thus puri becomes important. You meet also crit mage but these are higher ranking mage (over level 70). At the end BR is the most important thing in CW.
            Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
              MAGE IS EASY. And CW for mage is not about killing it's about outlasting your opponent and having the most health left. But I bet you won't even agree on that.
              Mage is easy. In what sense?

You won Class Wars as a mage before?
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                still havent seen you telling what would be best to do
                That's because there is -no- one best thing to do. What I will do, however, is provide you a few builds which I've come across earlier in this CW and from previous editions. One of them is my own as well, but I will not reveal which.

1) Bolt, RoF, Restore, Meteor, Thunderer.
                2) Bolt, RoF, Restore, Suntoria, Thunderer.
                3) Bolt, RoF, Restore, Puri, Suntoria.
                4) Bolt, RoF, Restore, Puri, BL.
                5) Bolt, RoF, Damnation, Restore, BL.
                6) Bolt, RoF, Damnation, Suntoria, BL.
                7) RoF, Restore, Puri, Suntoria, BL.

I can easily give you another 5 possible skill selections, and each of them would be perfectly acceptable given the correct opponent. CW is a gamble of skill selections. If you take a gamble on Puri and your opponent does not have Bleed, you would have 'wasted' 1 slot. This is why no competitive Mages who aim to do well will ever share with you their skill selections before CW. Have a counter to his/her skill selections and have good timing and you'll destroy even a Mage with 15k BR on you.

As for Runes, I agree that most Mages go with Brut + Bleed. From experience though, most of the Mages that use those 2 I've beaten. The ones I've lost to go with Heal + Bleed, or (for the heavy cashers) Amnesia/Chaos + Bleed/Heal.
                Last edited by FrostieTheSnowman; 10-18-2013, 01:47 AM.
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                Frostie
                Mage
                VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                  Gimme a break It's been months since I've been on my mage. And you're full of it. 99 percent of what I said has been repeated, the only thing they change is 1 aoe, with a skill like Thunderer or Puri.
                  MAGE IS EASY. And CW for mage is not about killing it's about outlasting your opponent and having the most health left. But I bet you won't even agree on that.

But hey, keep trolling me, I can reply and take you down to earth any time.
                  By your own admission, it's been months since you last played a Mage and yet here you are, strolling into a Mage thread and proclaiming that it's easy? You're making yourself look incredibly dumb here. Best to quit with what little credibility you have left.

Look at my post above. I have listed down 7 different builds, and it's not difficult to see another 10 variations of it. Your claim that all Mages use the same skills with the exception of 1 AoE is downright ridiculous.

It's plain as day who's the one trolling. Maybe I should go make a Knight/Archer, leave it alone for a few months, and then walk into a Knight/Archer CW thread and claim that it's easy. Yep. I'm sure people would listen to me.
                  [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                  Frostie
                  Mage
                  VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
                    OK.
                    A few tactitc.

Generaly you meet mages in CW who uses these set of skills. lightening, ROF, metheor, restorat and suntoria. They want to outheal the other mage. This is only a strategy and it is not better or worst as the other possibilites. Than it is damage orientated mages (lightening, thudner, resto, or suntoria ROF and metheor. They will destroy you wery quickly. Once again this strateg is not better or worst than the other. What counts is how you use your skills in a battle and how can you adapt to oponent skills. About runes a lot of mages uses brutality and bleed. Higher the level of bleed more damage thus puri becomes important. You meet also crit mage but these are higher ranking mage (over level 70). At the end BR is the most important thing in CW.
                    This is a contradicting paragraph.

Your statement about 'What counts is how you use your skills in battle and how you adapt to opponent skills' is correct. Skill selection and timing is the most important.

Your last sentence 'At the end BR is the most important thing in CW' is not completely true. While it's true that a Mage like ssore or Invasion would absolutely rolfstomp over the average 70k BR Mage, many Mages other than myself have proven on many occasions that it's possible to defeat a Mage (in CW) who has anywhere from 10-15k BR over you. Yes, BR is important. The most important? No.
                    [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                    Frostie
                    Mage
                    VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
                      This is a contradicting paragraph.

Your statement about 'What counts is how you use your skills in battle and how you adapt to opponent skills' is correct. Skill selection and timing is the most important.

Your last sentence 'At the end BR is the most important thing in CW' is not completely true. While it's true that a Mage like ssore or Invasion would absolutely rolfstomp over the average 70k BR Mage, many Mages other than myself have proven on many occasions that it's possible to defeat a Mage (in CW) who has anywhere from 10-15k BR over you. Yes, BR is important. The most important? No.
                      Edit: Nevermind.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

The trick in mages CW is to find the right selection of skills and runes which would be most effecive against opponents with different builds.
                        But there's no such 'ideal' build to use. So you choose your path - max healing, max damage or balanced.
                        You should know your own weak spots - if your matk is not high but good amount of hp - better stick to healing way (Sunto+Resto) and damage opponent with blood runes, if you are crit mage with high matk and PvE set - go with RoF+Thunderer.
                        There are many setups and you'll never know which is better. Stick to one you are used to play most, so you are familiar with your timings.
                        Server: Armorgames Server 4 - US West.
                        Class: Mage.

Comment

The selection of skills is not important due to the fact it is a gamble. How to use it however it is important but most important thing is BR. Now you get my point. At the end it all comes down to BR difference. I will not tell about my tactic but i can tell you which skills I use or which combination of skills I use with almost the same effect (points won in CW). Lightening, resto suntoria Rof Metheor (bleed brutality) set one, set two lightening suntoria damnation ROF Metheor, set three Lightening, Bless ROF, Metheor resto. Set four lightening resto, metheor, ROF, Thunder. I never use the same set each fight. Runes that i use are (bleed brutality combo) or brutality and guardian or even heal with bleed.
                          Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Things that do make a difference in CW are talents (what you have ) and astrals (which astral will you use insted of PDF). Those two things are not discussed here.
                            Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Timing plays a major factor too.... when to hit the bleed, when to leave the bleed, when to sun/resto. I killed one mage who would have won with Blessed Light, but she cast it too late
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

For most players who partake in CW - they have a lower number of skill points.

most builds with BL & Thunderer are simply impossible for most people under level 70.

so for most people, their build has never been discussed in this thread...
                                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                                X