Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Share your CW build (mage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
    The selection of skills is not important due to the fact it is a gamble. How to use it however it is important but most important thing is BR. Now you get my point. At the end it all comes down to BR difference. I will not tell about my tactic but i can tell you which skills I use or which combination of skills I use with almost the same effect (points won in CW). Lightening, resto suntoria Rof Metheor (bleed brutality) set one, set two lightening suntoria damnation ROF Metheor, set three Lightening, Bless ROF, Metheor resto. Set four lightening resto, metheor, ROF, Thunder. I never use the same set each fight. Runes that i use are (bleed brutality combo) or brutality and guardian or even heal with bleed.
    Disagreed. BR isn't all that important when it comes to mages fights. It's not that hard to beat a mage with 15k more BR than you if the opponent has a poor strategy. So, sure, the match-up is a gamble but taking purification instead of RoF or thunderer instead of meteor can change the outcome of a fight.
    Hello.

[S161]Ashthorn Fen - Lysaelle

Comment

Plan for next CW after this one and the last one, Guardian angel. All opponents using crit, was just so overwhelming xD
      Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

ElaBanana

LOL. If the mage know how to use his skills BR is the most important thing in CW as you dont have seal to prevent him attacking. Also a lot of players have the same amount of points (all servers). Those with higher BR goes into second round. Now tell me that BR is not the most important thing?
        Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

B4

That is what i am telling timing (or tactic) is more important than what skills you chose to use in CW.
          Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

ElaBanana

LOL. If the mage know how to use his skills BR is the most important thing in CW as you dont have seal to prevent him attacking. Also a lot of players have the same amount of points (all servers). Those with higher BR goes into second round. Now tell me that BR is not the most important thing?
            Well, sure BR is important. But not all high BR mages know how to use their skills or runes properly.So just because someone has a higher BR than you doesn't mean you'll lose. In my opinion, skills are much more important than BR.
            B4

That is what i am telling timing (or tactic) is more important than what skills you chose to use in CW.
            Tactic depends on the skills you choose so I don't see your point.
            Last edited by Kataelle; 10-18-2013, 04:52 AM. Reason: Wrong account, whoops

Comment

Kataelle

Tactic depens on the way how the oponent use his skills and not what kind of skills you chose. Timnig is also important.
              Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Kataele

If the mage know how to use his skills BR
                Have you read what i have written?
                Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  Mage is easy. In what sense?

You won Class Wars as a mage before?
                  Class wars isn't about skill, it's about being lucky.
                  Player Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    Class wars isn't about skill, it's about being lucky.
                    mages cw is about skills actually we can kill people with 10k br higher than us if we play it good so yeah cw is about luck+skill or just cashing

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                      You can still outheal blood with sunt+resto+bl, and topping yourself off at 2:30 is much easier with 2 big heals.
                      Unless the Mage, such as myself, has a L4 Purge Rune and can kill your Sunto. Which I do. I even got called a cheater last night by a L78 Mage for Purging Sunto.

I won't bother discussing before the 100% mark, since @ 100% both Mages should be fully healed or real close. But if I'm coming off a Resto just before 100% and drop Blood as a quick action after the Resto, it's doing as much as 10,000 Damage per tick, and there's time for 5 powers to go off before the combat ends on time. That's 50,000 Damage. Yeah, a good Resto (25K) and BL (30K) will negate that, and you'll need a Sunto down as well to help mitigate incoming damage - which they'll do after I Blood Rune because my Purge is on CD. But that means 2 things are happening. 1. My opponent isn't attacking 3 times in the last 30 sec to use powers that net-loss rage of 40, 25 and 20. Most likely they're filling the gaps between powers with low-damage LBs because they'll need rage. 2. After the Blood, I drop RoF, LB, LB, RoF, Resto - and have already cast my last Sunto before the Resto/Blood combo.

Only against the likes of Jeffhawk, Sinner and Keldof (East Coast) do I not go into the 100% mark at full HP, and only two or three others will be able to make me finish at less than full HP. So what it comes down to is this: Do my 2 RoFs and LB + Blood Rune do enough to out-damage the Healing about to take place. If it does, I win. If not, chances are we're both ending full HP and it goes to a tiebreaker.

I was 13-2 in yesterday's prelims (Ranked #7). I lost to Serendipity because I had unfortunate lag and didn't get my last Resto off before time expired finishing below max HP by about 4,000. I also lost to Trip (1-1 actually, met him twice), a very tough L80 Mage, where we both ended full HP and he had a higher Max. I was running at about 93,000 HP.

Here's my setup:
                      Skills: LB, RoF, Puri, Sunto, Resto
                      Runes: L8 Blood (6%, Max 5000, 7 Turns), L4 Purge (Dispels 2 Buffs from 2 Targets)

Astrals: L7 Holy MAtk, L7 Holy MDef, L7 Holy Enshieldment, L8 Enhanced Will Destroyer, L8 Refined Goddess Blessing, L8 Enhanced Illusion, L6 Holy Brilliance.

I also swap all my PDef Gems for Block Gems, putting my Block at about 3500.

Comment

Unless the Mage, such as myself, has a L4 Purge Rune and can kill your Sunto. Which I do. I even got called a cheater last night by a L78 Mage for Purging Sunto.
                        Yeah but if I know you use purge I could save sunto for when you use bleed, and try to time my runes to use up the bleed turns asap before your purge comes off cd.
                        Anyway rare runes kinda break the whole strategy anyway, chaos/amnesia can easily destroy much higher opponents as well if you're lucky..
                        Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-18-2013, 02:43 PM.
                        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                          Yeah but if I know you use purge I could save sunto for when you use bleed, and try to time my runes to use up the bleed turns asap before your purge comes off cd.
                          Anyway rare runes kinda break the whole strategy anyway, chaos/amnesia can easily destroy much higher opponents as well if you're lucky..
                          I hear what you're saying. Chaos is especially nasty. I ran into 2 diff Mages that were using it. However, in both cases they used it as a lead-in, and only one had it high enough level to use twice, and again used it when it came off CD. If I had Chaos or Amnesia, I'd time that for the right moment. A Chaos Rune thrown right before I use my last Resto would be a big-time game-changer. It would prevent me from going max HP and likely top-off my opponent for free.

While I wouldn't call Purge a rare Rune necessarily, it isn't common - that I'll admit. Everyone had a chance to get the uncommon Runes a few months ago w/ a shard event. That's how most people got them. Purge, for a Mage or Knight, is invaluable. Being able to kill Sunto + 15% DR Buff is huge. Being able to drop Apollo & Bubble for a knight is similarly huge.

One thing people also fail to realize is that combat turns are not hard-timed. If my enemy and I just keep casting lightning bolts after the troops fall off, you can do a combat turn in about 3 seconds. If troops are out there, 5 seconds. If I want to drag things out to minimize actions between rune uses, say for the express purpose of someone casting a Sunto after I Bleed them, I'll cast a RoF late (like right before I'd start my default attack - it causes a about 3 second delay on a round compared to casting normally) followed by a default attack (about another 2 second delay). If troops are still up, those turns take about 7-8 seconds each. Now I can early-cast LB and follow it w/ a quick-cast Purge and you've only benefitted 3 / 7 turns from your Sunto, unless - as you said - you also used Runes to speed it up. But then again, if you've Sunto'd after I Bled you, and you've not used Puri, it's all a wash anyway.

Comment

So my CW Update...

I finished 8-2, Ranked 5th Overall (East Coast). I'm incredibly pleased with the result.

The two losses I had BOTH did the same thing to me. Used Chaos Runes just before my final Resto and hi-jacked it leaving me a few thousand HP short of full while topping themselves off with a 30K Resto.

Like being kicked in the nuts... Twice .

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              So my CW Update...

I finished 8-2, Ranked 5th Overall (East Coast). I'm incredibly pleased with the result.

The two losses I had BOTH did the same thing to me. Used Chaos Runes just before my final Resto and hi-jacked it leaving me a few thousand HP short of full while topping themselves off with a 30K Resto.

Like being kicked in the nuts... Twice .
                              Gratz on the great ranking. I took 23rd overall but wasn't paying incredibly close attention to the W-L total so I was either 5-5 or 6-4. Bad timing on my part contributed to one of the losses but I definitely call ** on a match where my opponents' Resto went off at 29 seconds left in the 100% timer and it counted as a victory for them (probably just system lag but it makes me feel better to imagine I was robbed and not just beaten lol).

As for the build/strategy portion of this thread I use a fairly straight forward build. Resto/Bolt/RoF/Thunderer/Meteor is my board, I have 5 ranks in Survival, Barrier and Momentum and am using a full blown crit Mage build with bas 27.5k Matk and 4.8k crit. Runes are level 10 Brut and a level 5 Blood although I may swap out Brut for Heal next month if I can level it enough between now and then (it's only level 3 right now). I rapid fire AoE to clear troops then build rage for a bit with Bolt so I can Thunderer/resto as necessary. Blood rune at each of the damage timers and Resto last second so pretty basic strategy. I had a LOT of luck with crit heals today in Finals as I hit 3 of them with 1 being the definite difference maker in the fight. I'll be the first to admit I'm not great at the PvP aspect of this game but I am gradually getting better.
                              Patryn
                              Twisted
                              S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                              "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	30.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1676547Click image for larger version

Name:	nn.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1676548 since for a mage its all about the last heal i would suggest bolt rof sun heal bl rage rune if lvl high or blood and heal runes what u want to accomplish is not defeat since a good mage fight lasts but u want to heal right b4 match end to win

Comment

Working...
                                X