X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
    Class wars isn't about skill, it's about being lucky.
    mages cw is about skills actually we can kill people with 10k br higher than us if we play it good so yeah cw is about luck+skill or just cashing

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    Mage is easy. In what sense?

You won Class Wars as a mage before?
    Class wars isn't about skill, it's about being lucky.

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    Kataele

If the mage know how to use his skills BR
    Have you read what i have written?

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    Kataelle

Tactic depens on the way how the oponent use his skills and not what kind of skills you chose. Timnig is also important.

Leave a comment:

• Kataelle
    replied
    Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
    ElaBanana

LOL. If the mage know how to use his skills BR is the most important thing in CW as you dont have seal to prevent him attacking. Also a lot of players have the same amount of points (all servers). Those with higher BR goes into second round. Now tell me that BR is not the most important thing?
    Well, sure BR is important. But not all high BR mages know how to use their skills or runes properly.So just because someone has a higher BR than you doesn't mean you'll lose. In my opinion, skills are much more important than BR.
    B4

That is what i am telling timing (or tactic) is more important than what skills you chose to use in CW.
    Tactic depends on the skills you choose so I don't see your point.
    Last edited by Kataelle; 10-18-2013, 04:52 AM. Reason: Wrong account, whoops

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    B4

That is what i am telling timing (or tactic) is more important than what skills you chose to use in CW.

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    ElaBanana

LOL. If the mage know how to use his skills BR is the most important thing in CW as you dont have seal to prevent him attacking. Also a lot of players have the same amount of points (all servers). Those with higher BR goes into second round. Now tell me that BR is not the most important thing?

Leave a comment:

• DeathTh3Kid
    replied
    Plan for next CW after this one and the last one, Guardian angel. All opponents using crit, was just so overwhelming xD

Leave a comment:

• EllaBanana
    replied
    The selection of skills is not important due to the fact it is a gamble. How to use it however it is important but most important thing is BR. Now you get my point. At the end it all comes down to BR difference. I will not tell about my tactic but i can tell you which skills I use or which combination of skills I use with almost the same effect (points won in CW). Lightening, resto suntoria Rof Metheor (bleed brutality) set one, set two lightening suntoria damnation ROF Metheor, set three Lightening, Bless ROF, Metheor resto. Set four lightening resto, metheor, ROF, Thunder. I never use the same set each fight. Runes that i use are (bleed brutality combo) or brutality and guardian or even heal with bleed.
    Disagreed. BR isn't all that important when it comes to mages fights. It's not that hard to beat a mage with 15k more BR than you if the opponent has a poor strategy. So, sure, the match-up is a gamble but taking purification instead of RoF or thunderer instead of meteor can change the outcome of a fight.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    For most players who partake in CW - they have a lower number of skill points.

most builds with BL & Thunderer are simply impossible for most people under level 70.

so for most people, their build has never been discussed in this thread...

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    Timing plays a major factor too.... when to hit the bleed, when to leave the bleed, when to sun/resto. I killed one mage who would have won with Blessed Light, but she cast it too late

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    Things that do make a difference in CW are talents (what you have ) and astrals (which astral will you use insted of PDF). Those two things are not discussed here.

Leave a comment:

• R211563703
    replied
    The selection of skills is not important due to the fact it is a gamble. How to use it however it is important but most important thing is BR. Now you get my point. At the end it all comes down to BR difference. I will not tell about my tactic but i can tell you which skills I use or which combination of skills I use with almost the same effect (points won in CW). Lightening, resto suntoria Rof Metheor (bleed brutality) set one, set two lightening suntoria damnation ROF Metheor, set three Lightening, Bless ROF, Metheor resto. Set four lightening resto, metheor, ROF, Thunder. I never use the same set each fight. Runes that i use are (bleed brutality combo) or brutality and guardian or even heal with bleed.

Leave a comment:

• Starry777
    replied
    The trick in mages CW is to find the right selection of skills and runes which would be most effecive against opponents with different builds.
    But there's no such 'ideal' build to use. So you choose your path - max healing, max damage or balanced.
    You should know your own weak spots - if your matk is not high but good amount of hp - better stick to healing way (Sunto+Resto) and damage opponent with blood runes, if you are crit mage with high matk and PvE set - go with RoF+Thunderer.
    There are many setups and you'll never know which is better. Stick to one you are used to play most, so you are familiar with your timings.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
    This is a contradicting paragraph.

Your statement about 'What counts is how you use your skills in battle and how you adapt to opponent skills' is correct. Skill selection and timing is the most important.

Your last sentence 'At the end BR is the most important thing in CW' is not completely true. While it's true that a Mage like ssore or Invasion would absolutely rolfstomp over the average 70k BR Mage, many Mages other than myself have proven on many occasions that it's possible to defeat a Mage (in CW) who has anywhere from 10-15k BR over you. Yes, BR is important. The most important? No.
    Edit: Nevermind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X