Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Server merges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server merges

Out of curiosity, does anyone know or can categorically state what actually triggers a server merge?

For some time now our server has been in decline with the number of players, and events such as WB and GB are pretty much always the same 2 guilds dominating.

Every server has only 1-3 guilds.

Server merges will lead to the same phenomenon after ~1 month.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

I think less than a month is a bit on the pessimistic side from my personal experience and its got to be better than server declining further and further.

Question still stands though.... what criteria is needed for a server merge to be deemed necessary?

Comment

I think that would be a trade secret

That said, plan on being merged if you see guilds with at most one active player in guild wars.

Comment

Won't it be cool if all the active members form 1 guild and everytime guild wars they just go bomb the ghost's ward with no opposition. Unlike my present server with 3 maj guilds battling it out and every alt day Guild wars we throw everything at the other guilds just to win and the rewards are crappy bc we always go to overtime. So any of you who are in a server that is nearly dead pleas tell me I amy just consider giving up my present server for some peace n quiet guildwars thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 002adrian View Post
            Won't it be cool if all the active members form 1 guild and everytime guild wars they just go bomb the ghost's ward with no opposition. Unlike my present server with 3 maj guilds battling it out and every alt day Guild wars we throw everything at the other guilds just to win and the rewards are crappy bc we always go to overtime. So any of you who are in a server that is nearly dead pleas tell me I amy just consider giving up my present server for some peace n quiet guildwars thanks
            I agree with you. It's easier to face ghost opposition :P
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by VFizzle View Post
              Out of curiosity, does anyone know or can categorically state what actually triggers a server merge?

For some time now our server has been in decline with the number of players, and events such as WB and GB are pretty much always the same 2 guilds dominating.
              a forum mod guy said something a while back. theres a few factors that decide it... amount of recharges being the primary factor, but as a wild guess id say amount of logins on the server, maybe how long wb's take,,, stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
                a forum mod guy said something a while back. theres a few factors that decide it... amount of recharges being the primary factor, but as a wild guess id say amount of logins on the server, maybe how long wb's take,,, stuff like that.
                Yep the activity on the server which decides it, and apparently it has to be closely matched by another server. But what gets me, is that when you ask the R2 people through tickets, they tell you nothing, or at least my friends and i have been told nothing of how a merge happens.
                Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                  Yep the activity on the server which decides it, and apparently it has to be closely matched by another server. But what gets me, is that when you ask the R2 people through tickets, they tell you nothing, or at least my friends and i have been told nothing of how a merge happens.
                  its a conspiracy,, server merges dont really happen,, they just throw the idea out there to keep us contempt, keep us wanting more... theyll be taking over the world soon......
                  i got my tin foil hat ready...

Comment

Originally posted by VFizzle View Post

based on my observation, merges happens if:
                    1) your server dominated by the heavy casher on same guild, thus there is no competition.
                    2) there is another server with the same case as 1)* in your timezone.

if there is no competition, people would stop spending balens. therefore, r2 will merge those 2 heavy cashers so they can compete while spending more balens.

if your server dead and has no heavy casher, then good luck to you.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
                      its a conspiracy,, server merges dont really happen,, they just throw the idea out there to keep us contempt, keep us wanting more... theyll be taking over the world soon......
                      i got my tin foil hat ready...
                      How dare you! Share or make me a tin foil hat, don't let them take me xD
                      Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Working...
                      X