Seriously, Class War.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, Class War.....

Seriously, the match-up process is really terrible. How can people with 55k BR make it to top 100 when tons of people with 80-90k+ BR don't.

The way the matching is done, it penalize players for winning fights. The more fight you win, the stronger the opponents. How stupid is that?

I don't mind not making it to top 100 if there are 100 stronger archers than me but here is the thing, there AREN'T 100 of them. None of the archers on server 112 made it while 4 or 5 of them (me included) are easily in the top 100 of that class but then some weak *** archer with 55k BR made it on other servers......it makes no freaking sense what so ever.

It's better to be weak....really?

Something's gotta change.

remember that player BR is not a true indication of actual player strength.

That there are contributors to actual strength that have no effect on BR. Determination, goddess blessing etc.

Though yes there is a lot of luck involved in getting to the top 100.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

you make a valid point for a general discussion about BR but here, it has nothing to do...when I see players who are 25-30k lower in BR, there is no way they should make it in the top 100....different settings, different astras won't make up for such a large gap in BR.

I'm at 88k BR....give me a 55k BR to face all day long, doesn't matter what configuration he will have, I guarantee you he will lose every single time.

There is something ****** up with the way match-ups are being made in CW and tons of players are not making it into top 100 while they should.

I understand luck should be part of it but right now, it's jsut not working properly. The top 50 in each class kinda makes sense but the top 51 to 100 makes no sense at all....none what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
        you make a valid point for a general discussion about BR but here, it has nothing to do...when I see players who are 25-30k lower in BR, there is no way they should make it in the top 100....different settings, different astras won't make up for such a large gap in BR.

I'm at 88k BR....give me a 55k BR to face all day long, doesn't matter what configuration he will have, I guarantee you he will lose every single time.

There is something ****** up with the way match-ups are being made in CW and tons of players are not making it into top 100 while they should.

I understand luck should be part of it but right now, it's jsut not working properly. The top 50 in each class kinda makes sense but the top 51 to 100 makes no sense at all....none what so ever.
        Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
        Though yes there is a lot of luck involved in getting to the top 100.
        As far as I can work out:

The first round is random.

after that: winners will go on to fight winners. Losers will fight losers.

Then 2 * winners, will fight other 2 * times winners. Etc.

With the way things are (especially with the last few rounds being worth more), it's possible for an account which is not truly top 100 material to make it.

Yes it sucks for those of us with way more BR, better accounts etc... But it gives hope that nearly any account, if lucky enough might make it.

If there is no hope for an account to make it... why bother playing 40 minutes to lose 15 times?
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I understand how it works but there should be some type of BR system as well then because honestly, if this continues, you are going to see more and more poeple losing on purpose at the beginning to get easier fights later on and I don't think it's the way it should be either.

What's the point of working your azz off on your char to make it good if you are going to get penalized in CW because you won the first few fights.

There isn't a perfect solution but all I'm saying is that the one we have now is not working at all in my opinion.

Comment

well if u want a br system lol then just take top 100 br every month and hand them rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by care90 View Post
              well if u want a br system lol then just take top 100 br every month and hand them rewards.
              You obviously didn't read the thread.....typical comment that brings nothing to the discussion.

Comment

supposedly after upcoming patch 2.0 all matches in CW will have same points.

Comment

It's a real shame, but there's nothing you can do about it, luck doesn't involve BR or hard work after all. Sometimes I really want to rip a level 40 Archer apart when he wins Red astral almost every two weeks, but I can't.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Asgaard, I totally hate current class war point/matching system, but there is a good news for us.

In a couple patches, they will change points system.

All preliminaries fights will give: Win = 270 points Lose = 135 points

So, the 6 straight wins I get at the beginning won't be overshadowed by the fact I lost 3 of the 350 points fight because I meet 110K+++ BR guys.

Current point system, suck big time.
                    Last edited by Eskendal; 10-18-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                      Asgaard, I totally hate current class war point/matching system, but there is a good news for us.

In a couple patches, they will change points system.

All preliminaries fights will give: Win = 270 points Lose = 135 points

So, the 6 straight wins I get at the beginning won't be overshadowed by they fact I lost 3 of the 350 points fight because I meet 110K+++ BR guys.

Current point system, suck big time.
                      Right on, mate. I think it would be more fair to make all fights the same in terms of points. 15 fights, the most wins make it, end of the story.

Comment

Losing first 3 fights or so really improves your chances of getting in though (for now). I agree that its lame, but do what you gotta do.
                        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

if that was true everyone would be doing it meaning its no different lol

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                            Losing first 3 fights or so really improves your chances of getting in though (for now). I agree that its lame, but do what you gotta do.
                            I tried to test it this time but didn't improve for me. I lost 3 fights intentionally and next 12 fights i fought everyone higher level than me, pretty much all were very close matches. Ended up almost same points as last time. So have to disagree on your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                              not really this time i fought like 75+ and i lost because some 95k + plus. you can`t do a ♥♥♥♥ agaist 10-15k extra br
                              the funny thing is that a mage with 16k mdef he can enter final almost every month. and yes i tried everything )
                              don`t get me wrong .. this cw i had most fun even i didn`t won .. because i won agains`t people who over cashed me or higher br ... but sadly inteligence can`t compete 15k over you.
                              i wish the cw to held each week the rush is amazing
                              Last edited by MemoryLane; 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

Working...
                              X