Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, its not new .before 221 i play s-110. it was usual thing. even we have 2 guild. and those 2 join gb.depends on whom we fight we change our guild.and when very strong opponent we got suport from others guild they send there good ply to us . becouce we hate that guild.
    ARCHE wht is slow leveling?
    when u hope that u and u tank will be same lv.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
      How do you block now though? I've never had issues getting to the enemy WT, just keep clicking ahead so I don't attack anyone, until I can see the ward attack button.
      Blocking now is a little less effective. Basically you have to have some sharp eyed folks with little to no lag. They will focus on seeking out specific targets as they get close to Ward Tower and once they have engaged them in battle they call it out in Party chat along with WHERE the fight is. Then, three more "stand-bys" will jump into the fight tossing off Delphics and other such power attacks. The concept is to seriously slow down the powerful characters and possible even kill them in a 4 v 1 situation so they cannot make it to the Ward Tower. This tactic was made fairly successful by the guild I am in now back when I was in Misfits because they averaged 45-50 Participants every GB to Misfits' 30 or so. Didin't ever give them the win but it did delay the conclusion thus giving them extra rewards.
      Patryn
      Twisted
      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Well it seems nearly impossible to intercept a player in GB unless you're lucky enough to run straight into him.
        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

The trick to "blocking" a player is to NOT wait for them to come to you. You have to get away from your WT, at the intersection to the pathways. As people are running in, you need to be a step ahead of them, moving towards your own tower. This actually compensates for the lag differential in where the two players are and will allow you to lock in when you then click on them.

That being said, blocking is a fairly useless tactic. A smart guild will run their big guns in packs with a lot of mid-levels around them, making it all but impossible to click on them. And once you've got enough players (specifically Archers & Mages) with > 80k BR, the Ward Tower falls fast. You don't even need to bother holding the inner towers. In my guild we've got 6 players that are capable of doing 1,000,000+ damage a run. I myself have hit the Ward Tower for as much as 1.48 Mil in a combat. Similarly, each one of us can destroy the chariot before it reaches our Ward and does damage. It's just a slug-fest lacking much strategy other than moving in packs, clicking within the treeline to move so that you don't accidentally click on an emeny and always having one big-hitter off the Ward to pick up a Chariot if it spawns. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            The trick to "blocking" a player is to NOT wait for them to come to you. You have to get away from your WT, at the intersection to the pathways. As people are running in, you need to be a step ahead of them, moving towards your own tower. This actually compensates for the lag differential in where the two players are and will allow you to lock in when you then click on them.

That being said, blocking is a fairly useless tactic. A smart guild will run their big guns in packs with a lot of mid-levels around them, making it all but impossible to click on them. And once you've got enough players (specifically Archers & Mages) with > 80k BR, the Ward Tower falls fast. You don't even need to bother holding the inner towers. In my guild we've got 6 players that are capable of doing 1,000,000+ damage a run. I myself have hit the Ward Tower for as much as 1.48 Mil in a combat. Similarly, each one of us can destroy the chariot before it reaches our Ward and does damage. It's just a slug-fest lacking much strategy other than moving in packs, clicking within the treeline to move so that you don't accidentally click on an emeny and always having one big-hitter off the Ward to pick up a Chariot if it spawns. That's it.
            You just described our current tactic almost exactly except instead of running in packs a lot of us use Wolf Morph cards so we present a smaller target. I haven't quite gotten to the 1 mil+ damage per Ward Tower attempt but I'm close.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
              You just described our current tactic almost exactly except instead of running in packs a lot of us use Wolf Morph cards so we present a smaller target. I haven't quite gotten to the 1 mil+ damage per Ward Tower attempt but I'm close.
              What class are you FarrelBrown?

The biggest trick I've learned when it comes to hitting the Ward Tower is to swap out an Astral for Illusion. I have mine at L8, and when it procs on the big hit, it's truly awesome. The Ward Tower has to start re-building it's rage to do the big-hit again. Outside of that, I usually do 700k - 900k outside that proccing, being I'm a Mage. I rely on Thunderer to slow the Ward - which isn't nearly as efficient as the Archer's DF, AP, AP sequence in terms of DPS. If Thunderer was 100% to slow for 2 Rounds as opposed to being 50%, I could routinely do 900K+ w/o Illusion proccing on the big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                What class are you FarrelBrown?

The biggest trick I've learned when it comes to hitting the Ward Tower is to swap out an Astral for Illusion. I have mine at L8, and when it procs on the big hit, it's truly awesome. The Ward Tower has to start re-building it's rage to do the big-hit again. Outside of that, I usually do 700k - 900k outside that proccing, being I'm a Mage. I rely on Thunderer to slow the Ward - which isn't nearly as efficient as the Archer's DF, AP, AP sequence in terms of DPS. If Thunderer was 100% to slow for 2 Rounds as opposed to being 50%, I could routinely do 900K+ w/o Illusion proccing on the big hit.
                I'm a Mage as well. Little over 94k BR right now Crit build. Just went fully into the crit build concept for CW (Had 3.5k before but swapped out Pdef gems for crit and am now sitting at 4.8k). Anyway I can pull 700-900k each time using Thunderer to start and double attacks with Bolt to fill and gain rage. Big numbers of course when Thunderer slows. Haven't tried the Illusion Astral trick and I am always in top 10 for Tower damage anyway and none of the guilds on S130 can keep us from winning in 20 minutes so it really doesn't matter.
                Patryn
                Twisted
                S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Lucky you Farrel for getting into the top 10 for Tower damage... I hate my guild's archers...
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                    Lucky you Farrel for getting into the top 10 for Tower damage... I hate my guild's archers...
                    Haha. Archers will be Archers but I actually out damage all but 2 of S130s archers with my crit build (Jayde - 94k and Claire - 92k). Top 3 for Ward Tower is most common for me and that's without using any pots/scrolls etc since they are really not necessary in GBs anyway. World Boss I run Vouchers only and make anywhere from 1st-7th place depending on who is online and whether or not somebody from the lower ranks decides to full buff/revive. I went full out on Drake this evening and pulled 1st place with about 18 million damage (3.8 million or so gold).
                    Patryn
                    Twisted
                    S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I wonder why 3 people make it a big issue.... anyways.... topic ENDS ! :P
                      DeathGOD

Server - S210
                      Mage

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        Even with the Crit boost?

I found I could put up a decent fight for #1 if I went all out tower attack...
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Hehe I consistently get 1-2, I think our archers don't know how to use FA. 500k+ if slow works, even more if illusion does.
                          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Illusion + crit and I'm in top 3
                            :o Bacon FTW :o
                            Kabam s1- Mage
                            Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

The guild is losing even without three of us. Lol. And the cry baby topic starter didnt reply at all after posting.
                              Abibi
                              Knight:-Level 62

Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Comment

GBs r not for fun, but for rewards.Nothing more funny than <20 min GB

Comment

Working...
                                X