It's the joy of duel arena.

Comment

How can you even see a r1 at 27??
      Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
      Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
        I get dropped 40-50 ranks in one loss all the time :x It probably could have been worse for you than to only drop 27.

Comment

its possible you just need to be lucky or open and close arena many times

Comment

I don't think you will ever see 1st if you're below 11.

Comment

Tested. 13 spot and i cant see top 1, refresh many many times

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

below 11 see 1st place but 27... don't think so
                :o Bacon FTW :o
                Kabam s1- Mage
                Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

He fight you when you were fighting herman, at that time you werent rank 1. You win, you got rank 1, then he beat you, he got rank 1.
                  Server: East Coast Server 300+
                  Class: Mage
                  Level: 70+
                  Battle Rating: 90+k
                  Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

explanation 1:
                    Originally posted by Arlad
                    it goes this way.
                    1) Player A attacking Player B, who is 10 rank higher. let's say A is 30 and and B is 20
                    2) at the same time, Player C attacking Player A, let's say player C is rank 40
                    3) Player C defeated Player A before Player A defeated Player B, resulting Player A dropped to 40 and Player C rise to 30
                    4) player A defeated Player B, because a few second earlier Player A dropped to 40, now Player A and B switched places, resulting Player B in 40 and Player A in 20.
                    explanation 2:

1) You click the duel menu while your rank at 11 and you see the #1 guy.
                    2) afk for a few mins.
                    3) at that time some people hit you, making your rank dropped. maybe 2 or 3 guys, so you dropped more than 10 ranks (lets make it 16 ranks so you dropped from 11 to 27)
                    4) you hit the #1 guy because he is still at your opponent selection window.
                    5) you win, thus your position exchanged. from 1 to 27 and vice versa.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

weird lol... never saw 1 below 13 I think
                      ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
                      Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
                      My pathetic youtube channel
                      -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

He fight you when you were fighting herman, at that time you werent rank 1. You win, you got rank 1, then he beat you, he got rank 1.
                        I was 4th as you can see from the previous duel (didn't go below 6 until then).

IIRC when you're above 30 or so you can only see 10 places ahead of yourself.

I understand that he was like 16th when he dueled me and at the same time someone moved him to 27, but I think this just proves that the system is **** and they shouldn't hand out significant gold rewards over something so broken.

Comment

I was 4th as you can see from the previous duel (didn't go below 6 until then).
                          you were #1 when that sirpaul guy dropped you to 27

IIRC when you're above 30 or so you can only see 10 places ahead of yourself.
                          did you miss the explanation where i said he attacked you when he's still in 11 then someone else taken him down before he take you down?

I understand that he was like 16th when he dueled me and at the same time someone moved him to 27, but I think this just proves that the system is **** and they shouldn't hand out significant gold rewards over something so broken.
                          The system is not broken. Just because something bad happens to you didn't mean it was broken. on the other side, now since you know how it works, you can do the same thing.

Let me guess, this happens a few minutes before arena reward hand out(around 18.10 - 18.20) ? Many people was fighting for the higher position in duel arena. it's no surprise if someone taken down like what happened to you.
                          Last edited by Arlad; 10-19-2013, 01:01 PM.
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

By broken I mean its way too random. Why not just hand it out to a random player on the server? Okay that's what WB last hit does, but at least it doesn't pretend to be fair.
                            I know how it works, but I don't think its fair that when you fight a rank N player you're not guaranteed to have rank N after you win.

Anyhow if the rewards came out at a random time of the day for example, people wouldn't fight each other like crazy for 10 minutes, and it would actually be more interesting in my opinion.
                            Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

By broken I mean its way too random. Why not just hand it out to a random player on the server? Okay that's what WB last hit does, but at least it doesn't pretend to be fair.
                              I know how it works, but I don't think its fair that when you fight a rank N player you're not guaranteed to have rank N after you win.
                              but that's the point, those random factors are the joy of arena. if you dont want random, why not just hand it by BR rank? no random things there.

Anyhow if the rewards came out at a random time of the day for example, people wouldn't fight each other like crazy for 10 minutes, and it would actually be more interesting in my opinion.
                              Trust me, many people suggested this plenty of time, including me. But as you can see, those suggestions never reached the developer's ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X