Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Market n Homestead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chompman View Post
    Thus that's where the game support comes into play.

If they abandon the game and let bots run free that's generally where the game goes to die.

But gold here has uses for gold sinks, astros and guild donation, so it does have decent value and with a auction that uses gold also it can be used even more.

Otherwise there is no reason to have gear unbound when 95% of the players cannot do anything with them other then to recycle them.
    Tell me how you will prove someone is botting? If a bot uses a macro program, everything is client side and the server won't know. It would be just you accusing someone without any concrete proof, other than you saying, "that person looks weird." I see many games only ban gold sellers, and people who hack. There was a notorious player in GOII that was known to use macro and bot programs, but they didn't do anything. Because A) He spends thousands of USD on the game (which was all made from selling items in game for RL money... another problem with trading systems, B) Noone had proof other than him admitting it in IRC... but if its not him admitting it in an area where the GMs can look at the chat logs, then they say it is someone pretending to be him.

=(

GOII had decent Gold sinks, considering the top level research was in the 10million + gold range. Then building fleets and stuff was expensive.

Comment

Many games are able to detect the bots plus it's very easy to catch multiple accounts in most cases as many games do this if they make a rule against that if it becomes needed.

I don't know where you would bot in this game as there are limits for everything thus no advantage a player can get over another with the one account for the most part other then to maybe collect from the farm and replant every hour but that kind of activity is again easy to catch when a player is on 20+ hours a day for awhile.

Comment

Many games are able to detect the bots plus it's very easy to catch multiple accounts in most cases as many games do this if they make a rule against that if it becomes needed.

I don't know where you would bot in this game as there are limits for everything thus no advantage a player can get over another with the one account for the most part other then to maybe collect from the farm and replant every hour but that kind of activity is again easy to catch when a player is on 20+ hours a day for awhile.
        when the game's client is standalone yes, but when it is a browser game it is harder as all your evidence is just circumstantial. Most crude bot programs don't inject directly into the client, rather it just just mimics your mouse and keyboard actions. If the game was able to read what was going on in the background then yes... but that would be a awesome lawsuit waiting to happen with them if they are spying on the whole computer's processess.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out what a bot could be used for in this game other then for constant replanting of the farm while you sleep but as I said that kind of activity can be detected as many other games have done to catch people abusing a bot or having multiple people play one account when it's active 20+ hours a day for a long time.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out what a bot could be used for in this game other then for constant replanting of the farm while you sleep but as I said that kind of activity can be detected as many other games have done to catch people abusing a bot or having multiple people play one account when it's active 20+ hours a day for a long time.
            look at Diablo III, farmers flooded the auction house with gold....
            also, Diablo III charges 20% of the final price for every completed transaction.

the result? if r2games implements the same system... they are not the first to do it... other companies do it too... and no matter what you say... farmers will find a way to farm and flood the game with golds

Comment

The thing is in D3 you can farm 24 / 7 unlike this game where it restricts how much you can do and farming was always huge in those games.

With no more stamina or daily dungeon runs you cannot do much other then the wilds and it would be impossible to make a bot for that as it changes and things move and even then you get no gold from there other then the low level items that sell for about nothing.

Also in all the diablo games gold was always a joke until the AH actually made a use of it where it was worth something finally and I had no issues with it there if you play enough and there was a actual economy finally and it worked.
              Last edited by Chompman; 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I wonder What homestead is going to consist of. If they set the market up like how they did in WoW, it's going to help/generate a lot of buys for us players.
                Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
                Level: 130
                Class: Rogue
                Plane: Eidolon
                Honor: Emperor
                Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
                Guild: Rebels
                Pet: DemonKing

Comment

Hummmmmmmmmmm there are ways of making balen for free you know. As long as the auction house hasnt got stupidly priced items, its a very good idea i think.
                  SUPERIORMAN
                  SERVER 82
                  GUILD LEGAL-RO
                  VIP LVL 8 - CHECK
                  WINGS - CHECK
                  RHINO - CHECK
                  LOVE WARTUNE... AHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

Comment

HomeStead

So I've been playing Wartune steady for well over 7 or 8 months. And I've seen the coming soon on the Homestead and on the last 3 plots in the Farm. I think it would be nice to know what the Homestead is and when these 2 things will be able to use. I'm just saying it only took a month or 2 months to get the patches with the new clothes and other cool things. But yet both the Homestead and the last Farm plots seem to have been forgotten about or something. I the R2games people have said nothing about them. I've searched google up and down and there is nothing but rumors about it. Just saying it would be nice to get some kind of info bout them.

Comment

Where is this mythical auction house you are posting pics of? I have never seen it. It doesn't seem to exist on my server. and you posted this back in 2011. which means it has been there for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by R21114127 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]23006[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23007[/ATTACH]

Nothing wrong with it just use it lol
                        Where is this mythical auction house you are posting pics of? I have never seen it. It doesn't seem to exist on my server. and you posted this back in 2011. which means it has been there for a long time.

Comment

A market algorithm is necessary to compare supply and demand of in game gold spent and acquired toward balen use to make a properly working auction/player market. This would eliminate the need to charge balens to list an item for sale at a currency price.

Comment

Working...
                          X