Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astral: 6% reduction or... 324 Physical defense?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral: 6% reduction or... 324 Physical defense?

What benefits more and why?

If you have high defense, the 324 PDEF. If you have low defense, the 6%.

Comment

I would like to add to this for some advice. I have 2 Orange Astrals. Their names elude me.. One is Soltairs something and the other is um.. Yea. Anyways. I have both leveled decently. One gives -12% Damage and the other gives -120..ish All Damage Values. Obviously I will be holding onto them to add when the slots open up after my Crit/Pattack/ect are already in place. But I was curious what is the equation for Values? Obviously it cant just mean -120 Damage. That is irrelevant numbers when dueling in top 15 and everyone hits for 1200-2K a hit. Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge on this.
      Crystal Saga
      CarnivorousX
      Celestial Palace
      Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
      Guild Edan

WarTune
      Temple of Ibalize
      Archer Lvl 4x
      Faithful of Malicious

Comment

@CarnivorousX: Until someone else does the math, I'm also wondering if they mean -120 off the damage total, or it it means more like -120 off of your opponents PATK/MATK or Power/Strength values. If it's the first one (the patk/matk) I don't see it mattering very much at all, but if it is -120 off of the strength/power/intellect type numbers, then it would be something worth considering. Each point of strength/power/intellect is 4points of patk/matk/and defense, and taking away 480 points (if we use -120 in this example) from those attack and defense values would be nothing to scoff at.

Comment

That is what I was thinking... I mean -120 at lvl 3 = Mass reduction by as early as lvl 5... assuming it is stat values reduced and not just the actual damage
          Crystal Saga
          CarnivorousX
          Celestial Palace
          Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
          Guild Edan

WarTune
          Temple of Ibalize
          Archer Lvl 4x
          Faithful of Malicious

Comment

I kind of wonder how all the stats work.. like how much crit = 1% etc.

Comment

-120 dmg per hit for multi hits or tanking multi mobs like catacomb. If mob hit u for 300 each, 6 of them is 1800, with the astral, reduce 120 x 6 = 720 out of 1800. That 40% dmg reduction.
              -12% for big hit like PVP, World boss where hit go over 1k each, cuz at 1k each 12% dmg reduce is equal to -120 dmg.
              Keep them both, swap them in and out when u need.

Comment

Originally posted by baolinkz View Post
                -120 dmg per hit for multi hits or tanking multi mobs like catacomb. If mob hit u for 300 each, 6 of them is 1800, with the astral, reduce 120 x 6 = 720 out of 1800. That 40% dmg reduction.
                -12% for big hit like PVP, World boss where hit go over 1k each, cuz at 1k each 12% dmg reduce is equal to -120 dmg.
                Keep them both, swap them in and out when u need.

I understand how it would work like that. But I am hoping it doesnt work like that. Or else it would say - damage not Damage Values. But I am going to do some tests and figure it out
                Crystal Saga
                CarnivorousX
                Celestial Palace
                Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                Guild Edan

WarTune
                Temple of Ibalize
                Archer Lvl 4x
                Faithful of Malicious

Comment

I constantly use a -80 damage astral and can say that in PvE, it only reduces the damage values.

Comment

Originally posted by CarnivorousX View Post
                    I understand how it would work like that. But I am hoping it doesnt work like that. Or else it would say - damage not Damage Values. But I am going to do some tests and figure it out
                    Don't take the wording too literally, there are still many grammar and translation issues in the game.

There are three possibilities about where the flat damage modifiers are factored in. This assumes that PDEF and MDEF can reduce raw damage by 90% and uses the -120 flat damage astral.

1. At the raw damage amount, before defense is applied and before critical damage is factored. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced by -120 and become 4880, then reduced to 488 by super high defense, then doubled by critical to 976. This would make the astral weak and not very useful for tanks.

2. After defense is factored in, but before critical damage is applied. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced to 500 by super high defense, then be reduced to 380 by the astral, then doubled by a critical to 760. This would be incredible for tanks, as the more defense they have, the more effective the astral would be.

3. At the final damage amount, after critical and defense are factored in. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced to 500 by super high defense, doubled to 1000 by critical, then reduced to 860 by the astral. This is fairly balanced.

Comment

So it only reduces damage dealt? -.- Lame.
                      Crystal Saga
                      CarnivorousX
                      Celestial Palace
                      Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                      Guild Edan

WarTune
                      Temple of Ibalize
                      Archer Lvl 4x
                      Faithful of Malicious

Comment

I can see it running around the Bloodlands when another Knight is on the frontlines. I'll take 80 damage while they take 160. I'm fairly certain it only affects the final damage value. Useless for PvP, decent for PvE. I'd also like to say that these damage reduction astral count nothing toward battle ranking ...

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                          Don't take the wording too literally, there are still many grammar and translation issues in the game.

There are three possibilities about where the flat damage modifiers are factored in. This assumes that PDEF and MDEF can reduce raw damage by 90% and uses the -120 flat damage astral.

1. At the raw damage amount, before defense is applied and before critical damage is factored. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced by -120 and become 4880, then reduced to 488 by super high defense, then doubled by critical to 976. This would make the astral weak and not very useful for tanks.

2. After defense is factored in, but before critical damage is applied. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced to 500 by super high defense, then be reduced to 380 by the astral, then doubled by a critical to 760. This would be incredible for tanks, as the more defense they have, the more effective the astral would be.

3. At the final damage amount, after critical and defense are factored in. That means a raw attack value of 5000 would be reduced to 500 by super high defense, doubled to 1000 by critical, then reduced to 860 by the astral. This is fairly balanced.
                          Why are you making that assumption about pded/mdef and why do you set a 2x multiplier for critical hits?
                          Last edited by andinuad; 08-30-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andinuad View Post
                            Why are you making that assumption about pded/mdef and why do you set a 2x multiplier for critical hits?
                            Those were the beta tester's findings. I'm sure about the critical part, it is a 200% multiplier unless you have a +critical damage astral.

The PDEF and MDEF was something I read before, it means that the raw damage amount can be reduced to a minimum of 10% (if your PDEF is much higher than their PATK, or however that formula works). I'm not sure about this, and I don't think anyone is, as 7 Road never told anyone the exact damage formulas.

It'll take months of testing before anyone figures out the real formulas.

Comment

Working...
                            X