This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, not a bug, but class balance?

Normally I wouldn't worry too much about class balance, but in a game where some of the highest rewards come from pure damage output (world bosses, and to a fair extent the arena as well...both single and team), the game should be more well balanced.

The most recent World Boss fight I was just in, all 10 of the top 10 were archers, and I'd be willing to bet that most of the next 10-30 were also archers...with maybe some WELL GEARED mages and knights.

If this game were solely a team game where you could use a Tank up front, some good DPS and maybe a caster who could heal, then the classes are fine, but as it is it won't take too long for the archers to seriously outpace the rest of the pack. We are already starting to see it!

This game is still fairly new so maybe the developers are working on class balance?

Just yesterday #1 and #3 were both knights and generally there are two knights in the top 10 here.

But world bosses are better for archers just like the catacombs are better for knights as on my server 7 of the top 10 are knights.

They can't have both pvp and pve events.

Comment

Originally posted by Chompman View Post
      Just yesterday #1 and #3 were both knights and generally there are two knights in the top 10 here.
      OK, that's good to see, but how many are archers? and how many are mages? what are their levels compared to others and how well geared? And how much longer will they be in the top 10?

Yesterday there was a mage in the top 10 World boss fight and I saw a knight up there for a bit before he dropped down...but today in at least 2 of the world boss fights it was all archers top 10.

But world bosses are better for archers just like the catacombs are better for knights as on my server 7 of the top 10 are knights.
      That's true, but to a point, but archers can take quite a bit of damage as well...not as much as a knight, but I have seen some archers take a LOT of damage. Now that still leaves the mages out of luck completely.

Archers have single and team play arena's... sure you can have a team with other classes, you can try and balance it with 1 of each class and you might not do too bad, but put together a team of 3 archers and they will put out enough damage quickly enough to not worry about their health (since it's s fair amount as well)

They can't have both pvp and pve events.
      Well no class should dominate either pvp or pve.

When you do a pve group event it's nice to have 1 knight, 2 archers and 1 mage (sometimes 1 knights and 3 archers)...and that's unbalanced but if that were the extent of the game I'd have no problems with it

Comment

You guys whinne on somethings that just started. Just because archers do more dmg then you on this level where you all get 1 shoted, it doesn't mean that its overpowered. We had knight in guild who could have survived 2 hits which given him 4 more hits. He was nicely keeping with top 3 guys. I bet once we all reach lvl 50 it will be much more colored then now

Comment

Originally posted by xWolFik View Post
          You guys whinne on somethings that just started. Just because archers do more dmg then you on this level where you all get 1 shoted, it doesn't mean that its overpowered. We had knight in guild who could have survived 2 hits which given him 4 more hits. He was nicely keeping with top 3 guys. I bet once we all reach lvl 50 it will be much more colored then now
          and I bet once we all reach level 50 the spread will be much more pronounced.

Either way, it's not a whine...you guys that always cry *whiners* need to lighten up and realize that some people just want a fair and even game for everyone.

Please, next time if you don't have something constructive to add please don't add anything!

Comment

I'm noticing in this mornings team arena fights that a lot of teams are 2 or even 3 archers, and noticing that while trying to get groups...if an archer joined my group more often than not he would leave right away, and I'm lvl 32, not like I'm low lvl

In one of those teams the Archer in the front was taking less damage than I was, and I'm spec'd for Defense, physical and magical.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconwolf View Post
              OK, that's good to see, but how many are archers? and how many are mages? what are their levels compared to others and how well geared? And how much longer will they be in the top 10?

Yesterday there was a mage in the top 10 World boss fight and I saw a knight up there for a bit before he dropped down...but today in at least 2 of the world boss fights it was all archers top 10.

That's true, but to a point, but archers can take quite a bit of damage as well...not as much as a knight, but I have seen some archers take a LOT of damage. Now that still leaves the mages out of luck completely.

Archers have single and team play arena's... sure you can have a team with other classes, you can try and balance it with 1 of each class and you might not do too bad, but put together a team of 3 archers and they will put out enough damage quickly enough to not worry about their health (since it's s fair amount as well)

Well no class should dominate either pvp or pve.

When you do a pve group event it's nice to have 1 knight, 2 archers and 1 mage (sometimes 1 knights and 3 archers)...and that's unbalanced but if that were the extent of the game I'd have no problems with it
              OK, Addendum to this post. Looking at the rewards you can get from both Catacombs and Arenas...it will take you 2-3 weeks to acquire enough crypt tokens to buy the equipment you need, and you will have leveled out of that gears area before that so it will be obsolete. Whereas in the Arenas a team of Archers can get enough medallions in 2-3 days to gear up. Sure Knights and Mages can acquire medallions as well, but if they are constantly battling teams of archers and losing they acquire their medallions a lot more slowly.

Comment

Ok I think you're right falcon I believe that mages and rogues should be improved cause I never saw them top 1 in any server...

OPPA GANGAM STYLE <3

Comment

In one of those teams the Archer in the front was taking less damage than I was, and I'm spec'd for Defense, physical and magical.
                  It could had been he was using much better gear then you with better guild buffs and using potions as those can help a lot.

Comment

i'm in a level 5 guild with 3rd level buffs...and I have level 3 attack, level 3 defense and level 3 charisma buffs. My gear is the best I've been able to acquire with what I have and it's good gear with good gems, and all of them enchanted to their max, and I was using potions as well...and they didn't make a squat of difference!

Comment

If the person was a heavy buyer it would had made a difference.

Try looking at that individuals gear to partially see why it was like that.

Comment

sorry...I meant to say my guild buffs are lvl 2 not lvl 3...I can't afford to buy lvl 3 buffs...though most of the archers in my guild can afford it because they keep getting more gold from world boss events.

Comment

sorry...I meant to say my guild buffs are lvl 2 not lvl 3...I can't afford to buy lvl 3 buffs...though most of the archers in my guild can afford it because they keep getting more gold from world boss events.
                          I get about 40-45k per boss fight and that is not a lot so I really doubt that you will get a lot more resources from the world boss like that unless you are the last to hit.

Comment

OK, Addendum to this post. Looking at the rewards you can get from both Catacombs and Arenas...it will take you 2-3 weeks to acquire enough crypt tokens to buy the equipment you need, and you will have leveled out of that gears area before that so it will be obsolete. Whereas in the Arenas a team of Archers can get enough medallions in 2-3 days to gear up. Sure Knights and Mages can acquire medallions as well, but if they are constantly battling teams of archers and losing they acquire their medallions a lot more slowly.
                            You do not get enough tokens in group pvp to be able to afford all the items like that in 2-3 days plus generally 1 knight and 2 damage dealers win more for me and other people that it's faster for them then just archers alone so I do not see any issues with that.

I do agree the crypt tokens are very slow in coming and the price increase for the next level gears gets huge so it takes a long time but you also win many gems and once in a rare while a actual piece of equipment from it plus a decent chunk of experiance a day from it.

Comment

We have a knight on my server that is the strongest player on the server. They are level 38. Problem is they bought everything they had to make them that strong. All gear is purple and orange with 3 gems per piece and all the gems are synthed out to the max with maxed out enhancement. Archers do a lot of damage. That is there role in the game. If anything should be dealt with is an increase in Knight protection.

Comment

Working...
                              X