Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Healing Astrals Spec

hello fellow Mages:

Here is the question at hand, we are all well versed on Astrals and spec for DPS, WB etc., but, the OPTIMUM healer spec has not been answered for me yet. This question keeps coming up because everything in Wartune is damage based by description. Is fair to assume the damage means healing power for mages? can healing power be scaled up other then just a % of the player total HP?

1. Astrals: Which (if any) astrals effective healing skills? EWD, Crit, and or Ruthlessness*
    2. Stats: Matk, Crit, Int affect the healing amount?
    3. Talents: Not a question just mentioned here since its part and parcel to healing. The answers are obvious here, and don't need to be discussed in depth

*The astral i cant bring myself to get rid of for the fourth time. I have destroy this astral four times, after many attempts to effectively use it for DPS'ng. Terrible outcomes with EWD and not so great with Crit. BUT i want to explore the use of Ruthlessness for healing.

Thought comments and i ask the community to test the ruthlessness with healing to see what happens.
    Maybe wartune is ignoring healing, but the higher the level get, the more healing is finally become a full time spec, so why cant i have a critical heal!

JalexGiaWolf
    65 Mage
    Server 253
    Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Oh lord,want more heal from bl or resto,use crit but u need 4.5k for chance to crit healing
    More heal from sunto? Hp astro...and thats it. Idk what sense is in changing astros for heal spec. I run all time with same setup,swit only for wb to crit

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

basic astrals bro basic astrals...or go into crit build where you need 4.5k+ crit like ana said lol

Comment

Ok
        What did you meant with this sentence:

Is fair to assume the damage means healing power for mages?

You mean that you can do damage as mage only if you have high healing power?
        One another thing which comes to my mind is that all we are discussing here is of two options damage versus healing. What about the third options which is more general (supporting mage). Other than that the easiest way to go into healing mage is to have the highest possible HP and the highest possible defence. So you need HP astral, MDF, PDF, godess blessing and guardian angle. For the attack you need will and MATK. Than you need to develop talents which influence your healing (suntoria and bless) at the end you need first to upgrade your PDF, MDF HP astral first and than MATK. Also whips should be used only for armour and endurance. That is it you now have a full healing mage. Be aware healing mage is as strong as his defence.
        Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

MATK makes better heals.
          Crit can make for crit heals, as stated above. Need ginormous crit for effcient build
          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
          Mage: Existence (G.M)
          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
            Ok
            What did you meant with this sentence:

Is fair to assume the damage means healing power for mages?

You mean that you can do damage as mage only if you have high healing power?
            One another thing which comes to my mind is that all we are discussing here is of two options damage versus healing. What about the third options which is more general (supporting mage). Other than that the easiest way to go into healing mage is to have the highest possible HP and the highest possible defence. So you need HP astral, MDF, PDF, godess blessing and guardian angle. For the attack you need will and MATK. Than you need to develop talents which influence your healing (suntoria and bless) at the end you need first to upgrade your PDF, MDF HP astral first and than MATK. Also whips should be used only for armour and endurance. That is it you now have a full healing mage. Be aware healing mage is as strong as his defence.
            whips only for armor and endu?guardian angel?hp astral?block is better then guardian angel,use hp astrals only if its red version and increases lots of hp,and yes the higher the matk the higher our resto/bl heal...

Comment

4.6 -4.7 crit atm/ lvl 7 determination 23k matk. and i crit heal atleast 2-4 times per bg. the highest crit heal was 75k from a bl and 55k from restoration. 5 days ago i crit healed twice in a fight.

Comment

To clarify things.

MATK is the stat that determines how much you heal.

Will Destroyer affects only the damage of your attacks (tested and confirmed.)

Will Destroyer removes your ability to critically strike but NOT to critically heal. Your chance to heal critically is still determined by your critical value.

To summarize, YES, if you do not care about how much DAMAGE you do but how much you HEAL (for MD etc) then YES, Sniper's Edge is a better option than Will Destroyer.

People who go on about how you need a gazillion Crit in order to ever score a critical heal are simply wrong. 1k Crit will still give you a better chance than 10 crit, as will 2k, as will 3k, etcetera.

The question however becomes how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to do this, and if you are coupling Sniper's with Determination then you lose one defensive astral which will obviously be useful for you in order to stay alive and help your team mates. Dead mages can't heal.

To add to this it should be noted that even WITHOUT Determination Sniper's will net you more heals than Will Destroyer because Will Destroyer, as stated above, does NOTHING for your heals.

Personally, I only see critical mage as being a truly viable option for level 70+.
                [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by jalexwolf View Post
                  hello fellow Mages:

Here is the question at hand, we are all well versed on Astrals and spec for DPS, WB etc., but, the OPTIMUM healer spec has not been answered for me yet. This question keeps coming up because everything in Wartune is damage based by description. Is fair to assume the damage means healing power for mages? can healing power be scaled up other then just a % of the player total HP?

1. Astrals: Which (if any) astrals effective healing skills? EWD, Crit, and or Ruthlessness*
                  2. Stats: Matk, Crit, Int affect the healing amount?
                  3. Talents: Not a question just mentioned here since its part and parcel to healing. The answers are obvious here, and don't need to be discussed in depth

*The astral i cant bring myself to get rid of for the fourth time. I have destroy this astral four times, after many attempts to effectively use it for DPS'ng. Terrible outcomes with EWD and not so great with Crit. BUT i want to explore the use of Ruthlessness for healing.

Thought comments and i ask the community to test the ruthlessness with healing to see what happens.
                  Maybe wartune is ignoring healing, but the higher the level get, the more healing is finally become a full time spec, so why cant i have a critical heal!
                  i use snipers edge. when need of really good healing, it increases my restoration by approx 2k ( not always but about 60- 70 % of times)for 2.8 k crit. like in spires and ToK. i have not tried with will destroyer. or determination. so any one tried can answer me. will crit healing work with will and increases in determenation

Comment

Your critical heals are increased in strength by Determination and they are not affected by Will Destroyer.
                    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Just don`t try crit mage till 70 + you have talents to increase healing. And to be a crit mage just for the crit heals trust me till you get 4k + crit is not worth it.

Comment

I have to agree symedia, it isn't worth it, but from a purely theoretical perspective and if he wants to understand the game mechanic then of course the extra crit helps, albeit minimally.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

I try to switch my wd to sniper 2moro for last boss lych,where i'm full support mode and will see maybe i get some crit bl when spam time comes

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Some point that are becoming clear:
                            Crit of heal is possible with EWD astral; so Determine and EWD can be equipped
                            Some say you need about 1K crit stat and up to 4.5K to really see proc'ing
                            We are all agreed that using a crit astral will always be helpful in healing since it increases the crit stat alone.

thanks everyone the dialogue is helpfull.

1. Not trying to be a healer only build; asking about OPTIMUM healing setup.
                            2. Everything in the game is stated as Damage increasers; nothing says "increase healing". So is it intended that if we increase our total dps we are also increasing total Heal ability
                            3. the MOST important part of this: has anyone found Ruthlessness to effect healing? i am hoping that this mostly useless Astral does have a purpose, just not found yet, maybe its the healer astral? I am investigating it as the third option: EWD, Crit or Ruthlessness?!?

during Spire i am testing, Astrals: no crit, no ewd, just Ruthlessness lvl5, MDEF, PDEF, MATK, GODBlessing, Illusion (i dont agree with block for mage under 70)

Test set up:
                            1. Ruthlessness, (no crit or ewd)
                            2. EWD, Determination (increase crit heal ability)

Lets post results of any outcome with these setups.

JalexGiaWolf
                            65 Mage
                            Server 253
                            Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Comment

what???EWD and determination????O.O you serious??
                              the more the matk the more we heal expect sun that depedns on hp but talens can increase our healing power,ruthlesness is useless astral???rofl -_- isnt useless if you know how to use it and yes it afects healing its a gamble thou not recomanded...block is mages main astral lv 60..1k for good crit heal?even with 1.5k i rarely ever got a crit heal...

Comment

Working...
                              X